• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Horse Power, Track Shit, Torque, Cubic Inches, Liters, Run What Ya Brung, Auto or Cycle

28" they call them small tire cars. I can see some class cars and why. But you got these grudge guys and regular all squated with the Carolina stance and tiny wheels.. I wish i would have saved a few other pics.. but that camaro isnt the best example. Few locals here had some built up grudge cars and put 26" tires on back.... I dont get it.
28x10.5 ish ain’t that small. Maybe in the no prep, grudge world they will argue for big dick rights, but to me a 275-300 ish tire isn’t “small”.

Compared to a top fuel or funny car maybe.

I don’t know shit about shit though. Just my two cents, and it’s are worth what you paid for it.

Reactions: DarnYankeeUSMC
That should work.

1714740377970.png

1714740365661.png

1714740311973.png

Attachments

• 1714740389757.png
    1714740389757.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 10
Good post to ask these questions... whats up with the little wheeler cars? They are squatted drag cars... smaller wheels on the back than the front and look like something you'd want to launch into the river. Is this just some vroom zoomer trend like the stupid squatted trucks? They look so horrendous. I see them constantly on Yellowbullet for sale. That and the new thing is to holesaw your fenders and put the exhaust there.... :sick: And the bandwagon bubble hoods that look like giant zits about to pop. Why are people doing this? Same people that put those hoops in their ears and stretch them into big floppy rings? Extra chromosome? This thing is probably fast as hell... but then what isnt if you put the money in the right places... but i'd be embarrassed to be seen in it. Taken off a classified ad page, sorry if its yours but its an abortion.
There was a corvette with a bubble hood bigger than this one... lol.. and people putting them on older cars, round hoods on square cars ...
More curious why people are putting these stupid small tires on the back.

View attachment 8408587
A lot of times if you want to run big brakes in the front, a 15” wheel isn’t going to clear. Also size is weight, also to be in a small tire class it needs to be 28x10.5 or smaller. Most of these no prep guys are the “stance” you are referring to. With modified from control arms and shock towers they gain a lot of front suspension travel to help with weight transfer and their ability to control their rebound and compression rates to help hook on the street. I like a traditional cowl hood myself, but who knows if they bubble hoods are aerodynamically better. Usually it’s turbo guys running them and I’m sure they offer more visual clearance, and they just need to clear the intake manifold. Fender exit exhaust has its benefits vs what, straight down and under the car? Hood exit! Some of these cars have massive turbos and room isn’t always on their side running a 5” single exhaust on a single turbo or shoving 2 turbos under the hood. Sometimes it’s just easier to stick it straight off the turbo and out the fender. At the end of the day it’s a race car, I’ve seen a lot of ghetto and ugly cars haul ass. So yes some of it is personal preference, other stuff has a purpose.

20240520_130734.jpg

It's finally ready. Lots of work will he happening the next few weekends. The stock engine will be mothballed at 55k miles, this one is going in with a Tremec TKX.

130A alternator upgrade, R134a conversion with all new components except the evaporator, wire tuck, TFI relocation, electric fan conversion, new Eibach struts and shocks with Gabriel quad shocks, MM caster/camber plates, upgraded front brakes, and once it's running hopefully my dumbass can figure out Binary Editor and Moates QH to tune this.

Attachments

• 20240520_130734.jpg
    20240520_130734.jpg
    711.9 KB · Views: 7
Awesome jmglasgow. Love seeing Fox bodies taken care of. You’re way ahead of me but hopefully I’ll be posting similar pics through the summer.

Spent another great weekend at Ozark International Raceway. Car ran great, cant say the same for all the cars in my group.

Ended the weekend with a 2:58 lap which for 140hp is pretty good. Buddy with a similar car, but lighter went 2:55. My Garmin showed an optimum of 2:56 on one of the sessions so I know the car has more in it. I was really growing some balls in a few places and letting the aero hold me to the track and just going all out. Was up a bunch of Porsche GT3 asses all weekend LOL. If I had more HP(cant wait for the LS) I would be ravaging them.

One buddy went off first session on Sunday(same basic car as me) and his front splitter(wood) folded under and exploded. Took out his radiator, crank sensor, reluctor wheel, radiator mounts, and a few other things. His weekend was over...

Another was torquing lugs Sunday morning and discovered a massive crack in one of his rotors...weekend over.

One guy doing shake down in a Champ Car they recently got, lost the throttle... 2 of the 3 bolts on the throttle cable bracket were gone... easy fix with a run into town.

Buddy with C6 Z06 with built motor, cage, etc... has had lots of issues and finally thought they were solved... kept filling the air/oil separator and puking oil everywhere. Shop said "gotta be over filled, just keep draining it" and by the end of the weekend it was ok, but the car wasnt running right... wrong tune loaded... my buddy doesnt mess with that stuff so only one source of that... and the exhaust came loose because the clamps werent tightened...again shop was only one that touched it...

Had a C8 Z06 out in our group and he was sending it by the end of the weekend. Also had a regular C8, a Gen 6 Camaro ZL1 1LE, Porsche GT4, E46 M3 and a 2021 Miata ND(I used to own and sold it to this guy who has done a really nice build on it)...

So Sunday afternoon I was out and it was hot and I was about to come in a bit early and saw my buddy Peter with the Miata I sold him... I said "mother fucker" and spent like 2ish laps catching him and getting a pass and then slowly leaving him... I earned the pass. He was like "damn bro im super impressed by your car". Another session the guy in our group who had the E46 M3 came onto the track as I was going through turn 1(which is also pit out blend line). He chased me but we only had like 4 laps left and he couldnt catch me.

Tuesday I went and got a 4 post I had ordered 2 weeks ago and my neighbor helped me install it... the humidity had to be hovering at like 99%... miserable.

And when I was putting the Miata on it I discovered I have a coolant leak... oh joy... and where I think its coming from is almost impossible to get to and its easier to pull the head to repair so...we shall see.

nothing too special a couple of toys I bought when I sold one of my restoration houses, well the wife bought them. Wife says I am going car shopping. I laughed she has done this 100 times and always comes home empty handed. She drives a 2008 Saturn Vue AWD and loves it. Well she called my bluff. Picked up the Durango on Monday, Challenger on Tuesday three years ago. Challenger just turned 1900 miles.
IMG_2489-7.JPG

Getting carried away with the shade tree mechanic nonsense this week. Started as a front main job. A day later I'm dropping the crossmember and doing rod bearings.
20240522_170733.jpg
20240522_180156.jpg
20240522_183410.jpg

Reactions: timesublime
Posted this in motivational pic thread too. Too good not to spread around.

Nick Mason restored that, IIRC. Featured it in hs book called Into the Red.

Insane car. Nothing sounds like that v16. Shattering!

Sirhr

PS… he restored one of the originals c. 1999. It’s in the National Motor Museum and still comes out for Goodwood. Didn’t know they made replicas… holy crap! Wonder what they cost?

Last edited:
Reactions: Supersubes
Posted this in motivational pic thread too. Too good not to spread around.

That 1.5l V16 is wild. Back when racing bred new and exciting things.

Nick Mason restored that, IIRC. Featured it in hs book called Into the Red.

Insane car. Nothing sounds like that v16. Shattering!

Sirhr

PS… he restored one of the originals c. 1999. It’s in the National Motor Museum and still comes out for Goodwood. Didn’t know they made replicas… holy crap! Wonder what they cost?

Is that the STIG?? it was revealed the STIG was Michael Schumaker one season

Not really, but she has five to pick from so why get them dirty. These are her two colorful ones. 4000 and 7000 miles respectively. You can see the corner of her red Vue that she drives daily

View attachment 8424017View attachment 8424018
Cuz dirt won't hurt them either.
Trophies are for the mantle.
Nice cars should be shown off and enjoyed. I don't enjoy detailing a vehicle as much as using them but there's something satisfying about stepping back when you're done. They are like pets. Eventually they will pass on and be missed.
Just my opinion.
Just remember that there's a car sitting in a garage with a cover on it feeling unwanted and unloved. It's screaming Pick me, pick me!! Don't you love me? I want to go for a ride too. Can we go outside and play?

Enjoy them in whatever way you choose. I'm just giving my opinion.

Years ago on the old network Speed they had a great show, Victory by Design. Some of the shows are just fantastic.

I love this clip, it is a little NSFW due to language.

Derrick Bell also had a show that they did all kinds of different cars.

I wish they still did stuff like this on TV.

Reactions: geek65
View attachment 8422543
It's finally ready. Lots of work will he happening the next few weekends. The stock engine will be mothballed at 55k miles, this one is going in with a Tremec TKX.

130A alternator upgrade, R134a conversion with all new components except the evaporator, wire tuck, TFI relocation, electric fan conversion, new Eibach struts and shocks with Gabriel quad shocks, MM caster/camber plates, upgraded front brakes, and once it's running hopefully my dumbass can figure out Binary Editor and Moates QH to tune this.
What gear ratio option will you be running for 5th gear on the TKX, .81 or .68?
looking at the TKX as well but can’t decide which one so I’d like to hear some feedback when you get it on the road. I’ll be running a 3:89 rear, mostly on the street and not much highway use.