• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

How to get the CZ 457 Manners TCS Stock

Mark_Dorman

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Nov 8, 2023
Portland, OR
So I've recently seen a lot of people picking up the new CZ 457 Manners largely for the stock (Retails for ~$1900). I wasn't sure if everyone was aware that you can get the stock directly from Manners. I spoke with them yesterday and today just to confirm and get some information about it. Here are the details:

Manners CZ 457 TCS Stock - Starting at $924.00 + Shipping
Includes:
  • Complete Stock with bedded Recoil Lug & Pillars
  • Adjustable Cheek Comb with Spacers
  • Adjustable LOP with Spacers
  • Pre-Drilled Forend with Threaded Inserts for Area 419 ARCA Rail
  • Barrel Channel Accommodates the Factory 0.875" Diameter Barrel (has barrel support bridge - See Image 3 - so it will require inletting for larger diameter barrels - see "Available Upgrades/Add-Ons")
Does Not Include:
  • Actions Screws & Bottom Metal
    • Will fit any CZ 457 Factory and Aftermarket Bottom Metal
    • Uses standard Factory sized Action Screws
Available Upgrades/Add-Ons
  • Sikes Clutch Rail (see image 2) - $65.00
  • Sikes Clutch Knob (see image 2) - $65.00
  • Additional QD Cups (Sling Mounts - see image 2) - $17-24 depending on type and location
  • Barrel Channel Widening - $29.95 - You can specify how wide a barrel you want to run and they will widen the barrel channel and remove the barrel support bridge to accommodate the size you need. They didn't specify a limit, but I would assume it would max out at a 1.250 barrel diameter like the MCS-PRS-TCS. As 1.250 Barrels are pretty rare for the CZ, I wouldn't worry about the limit though. I've already confirmed they can make the channel up to 1.250 in diameter as I plan to have mine opened up for up to a 1.000 barrel. Update: The general manager at Manners said they won't be doing an Barrel Channel modifications to these stocks. They said the work is safe to do, they just don't want to take on the extra work because they are too busy. You would have to find another gunsmith to do the work.
  • ARCA Rail (Not available directly from Manners) - Area 419 Weighted ARCA Rail $185.00 (Any AREA 419 Rail will bolt up though and I'd assume many other universal rails).

Currently Orders must be placed over the phone or by email as they are still updating their site:
1711128712573.png

Image 2 - Sikes Clutch Rail and Clutch Knob (Top) and Standard QD Flush Cup (Bottom)
1711128732668.png

Image 3 - Barrel Channel and Bridge:
1711128748154.png

Honestly, for the price I think this is one of the best NRL/PRS/Competition stocks available for the CZ 457. With a lighter weight optic it can balance in front of the mag well with just the weighted ARCA Rail and the factory 20 inch VMTR barrel (see image below). For anyone running a slightly larger barrel it will be even easier to balance. It offers a really nice weight, ergonomics, and just feels amazing to shoot.

Note: This is the older model without the adjustable LOP, but the weight and weight distribution is pretty much the same. Just an example of how it can be balanced.
1711128766878.png

I posted this on RFC but figured there were some CZ peeps here that might appreciate the info as well.

Last edited:
They can get you a L3I bottom metal with it as well if you want. The heavy rail and bottom metal make it perfect

The L3i bottom metal is still on my list of things to get for the CZ. Will definitely pick one up soon. Also makes it look even more like the Centerfire Manners TCS which is a small plus on top of the functional benefits. Great to know you can include it with an order from them.

I just wanted to update this information for others wanting to order a TCS for the CZ 457. Manners is NOT offering barrel channel widening. I just canceled my order quote after they verified that the max barrel diameter you can fit is 1”. I am well aware that the channel can be opened up later on as a DIY but I didn’t want to deal with it after the fact and then having to respray clear coat on it. Just something to note..

I just wanted to update this information for others wanting to order a TCS for the CZ 457. Manners is NOT offering barrel channel widening. I just canceled my order quote after they verified that the max barrel diameter you can fit is 1”. I am well aware that the channel can be opened up later on as a DIY but I didn’t want to deal with it after the fact and then having to respray clear coat on it. Just something to note..
If you want the stock then you can order it from one of their dealers and they will open it up for you no problem.

If you want the stock then you can order it from one of their dealers and they will open it up for you no problem.
Correct. Any competent person can enlarge the channel but just passing on that Manners themselves is not offering wider channels for the CZ 457 TCS.

I totally forgot to update the post here as well on Tuesday when I found this out (updated on the RFC post).

I spoke to Manners again a couple days ago (Tuesday) on the phone about how wide of a Barrel channel they could do on the stock. Their first reply (from the sales manager) was that going up to something as large as an inlet for a 1.250 barrel wouldn't be an issue. Then they spoke with the General Manager and they said they won't modify the barrel channel at all on these stocks. They said there is plenty of material for this to be done, they just no longer will be offering the service on these stocks. They're reasoning was simply they were too backlogged already and doing the barrel channel widening just takes too much time.

Reactions: 021411
I have opened up Manners stocks as well as others in the past with a wood dowel rod and some sandpaper with some black Krylon to redcoat it. Worked perfect

I have opened up Manners stocks as well as others in the past with a wood dowel rod and some sandpaper with some black Krylon to redcoat it. Worked perfect

Mind if I ask how long it took to do? Was considering doing this myself but didn't want to spend 4-6 hours sanding the damn thing.

Mind if I ask how long it took to do? Was considering doing this myself but didn't want to spend 4-6 hours sanding the damn thing.
Depends on the grit. Doesn't take long. I started with a lower grit and then finished it with with a smoother. I want to say 15-20 minutes.

Reactions: Mark_Dorman
Depends on the grit. Doesn't take long. I started with a lower grit and then finished it with with a smoother. I want to say 15-20 minutes.

I've heard you shouldn't go more than 100 grit on composite, but have no experience with it. What grit did you use for the initial widening then finishing? How much wider did you go than the original diameter?

I've heard you shouldn't go more than 100 grit on composite, but have no experience with it. What grit did you use for the initial widening then finishing? How much wider did you go than the original diameter?
I honestly don't remember. The last one that I remember doing was on a Manners PRS1 over a year ago.

Reactions: Mark_Dorman