• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

I think I'll pass on the electric car.

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    348477648_239938025338892_4132746449005962543_n.jpg

But what about all of those poor children working in the mines day in and day out? If you don't buy those electric cars they will be out of a job digging B hand to get the materials to make those super expensive batteries........... ;)

Reactions: Maggot
    Oh stop. I’m sure my local shade tree mechanic and a stop at Vato Zone gets cut hat job done for $120. Typical Stealership.

Lol
    Youre not wrong on that. I had a catalytic convertor go out on a car. I took it to my local shadetree who replaced it with a generic, or it may have been a used one. Parts & labor, ...$225

Just for the hell of it I checked with the local Buick dealer....$1500 just for the part.
    Mickey giving the bird.jpg

Electric cars suck. The entire concept is shit. The idea that you make, ship, store and then consume electricity and then ignore the huge costs associated with actually getting the electricity to the car as part of the effort to pretend they are efficient is just fucking stupid. Mining, refining and producing the materials used to create the batteries is some of the dirtiest and most energy intensive industry on the planet and it is done is places with almost no environmental regulations so the battery assholes can pretend it is cheap and clean. Then creating the infrastructure to convert the entire planet to battery power will cost tens of TRILLIONS of dollars.

They only work as a method of powering transportation if everyone who supports them is a complete fucking idiot and rational people ignore every fact and scientific observation ever made on the subject.

Fuck Joe Biden and all of the Bud Light drinking assholes who support this crap.

I like stories where no actual facts or science are used to come to a conclusion. Not one sick day will be saved and the same assholes who miss work and blame cars or fake asthma attacks are going call in and tell the boss that last Saturday they got a gerbil stuck in their ass and thus will not be in today or the battery car didn't charge or some such shit.

• Haha
    Reactions: Barelstroker
    Electric cars suck. The entire concept is shit. The idea that you make, ship, store and then consume electricity and then ignore the huge costs associated with actually getting the electricity to the car as part of the effort to pretend they are efficient is just fucking stupid. Mining, refining and producing the materials used to create the batteries is some of the dirtiest and most energy intensive industry on the planet and it is done is places with almost no environmental regulations so the battery assholes can pretend it is cheap and clean. Then creating the infrastructure to convert the entire planet to battery power will cost tens of TRILLIONS of dollars.

They only work as a method of powering transportation if everyone who supports them is a complete fucking idiot and rational people ignore every fact and scientific observation ever made on the subject.

Fuck Joe Biden and all of the Bud Light drinking assholes who support this crap.
    But it does generate a slight bit of humor when you have dolts like this air their stupidity:

Reactions: lonegunman762x51
    Think about all the money they saved on oil changes.

Pay me now or pay me later.
    LOL

Lets round up to $30,000. So at $30 per change that would be 1000 changes. If you run synthetics and change every 10,000, miles thats 10,000 x 1000 = 10,000,000 miles to break even. But the batteries only run 300,000 miles or so. that means 30 batteries @$30,000 per battery.

sounds lie a wise investment to me.

• Haha
    Reactions: DIBBS

Ofcourse you're totally correct.
    Electric cars & especially trucks are, & always have been loaded with a very high ignorance factor.
    Here in Australia, companies are swanning in from Europe & the US, slapping up solar farms all over the country in preparation for the "ZERO EMMISSIONS FUTURE". One mob did a fairly simple study on electric vehicle charging demands & found that regardless of the gross electricity generation, the grid networks which supply the major population centres are ridiculously inadequate to supply the tremendous anticipated load of each household having just one small electric vehicle. To add to this debacle, they've reasoned, logically in MHO, that the vast majority of electric vehicle charging will be done at night, completely eliminating solar farm generation out of the equation & in due course, shifting record breaking electrical loads onto the ever diminishing coal & gas fired power stations in the wee hours.
    Zero emissions is just pie in the sky bullshit. It will take another 50 years if ever, to upgrade the inter-suburban networks which, they are flat out maintaining let alone upgrading.

Don't worry they are gonna phase out gas and force you to an electric car. It's for the children (and more control over your life)

LOL

Lets round up to $30,000. So at $30 per change that would be 1000 changes. If you run synthetics and change every 10,000, miles thats 10,000 x 1000 = 10,000,000 miles to break even. But the batteries only run 300,000 miles or so. that means 30 batteries @$30,000 per battery.

300,000 miles? The one pictured only went 70,000. I put a battery array in a new Ford Lightning.... at 7,000 miles.
    And the electric motors need service. They get their oil changed.

• Wow
    Reactions: jbuck88 and Maggot
    300,000 miles? The one pictured only went 70,000. I put a battery array in a new Ford Lightning.... at 7,000 miles.
    And the electric motors need service. They get their oil changed.
    What was the price for the change in the Lightning?

What was the price for the change in the Lightning?
    I don't know. It was waranty. I took the battery pack apart and put 1 array in it. I think it has 9 arrays in an extended range battery. It's huge.

I did change a hybrid battery on I think it was a Lincoln Avaitor that ran over something in the road. I think that one was about $8,000 for the parts. It was the whole "gas tank" looking part with all the arrays in it and the module inside.

LOL

All those numbers!

The only currency I understand is pre Sandy Hook. 22lr.

• Haha
    I'd have an electric car for a commuter if it would save me money. But I ran the numbers a few years ago looking at a Ford Focus gas vs. electric, and I'd have to drive the electric around 200,000 miles to break even. And it's not like I can't buy a shitbox used Focus every 5 years or so for cheap. I'd even be able to charge it at work for free, and would certainly have another vehicle insured too, but I already have a car and a pickup.
    Kristian