• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

KMW thread

Scotch_egg

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2010
England
There appears to be a few other topics discussing niche builders of precision rifles.
Terry Cross builds awesome rifles.

A KMW appreciation and discussion topic appears to be missing. I’ve had a few AI’s and still own a baby AX and had TRG’s. The KMW stock is so comfortable and this rifle has opened my eyes to Remington clones again.

This is a 7mm SAUM, Bat VR actioned rifle that had to be built in the U. K. so isn’t a true KMW Sentinal rifle sadly. Although it shoots lights out.

Attachments

• 6615188D-B8D3-4234-9198-2DD99D934434.jpeg
    6615188D-B8D3-4234-9198-2DD99D934434.jpeg
    880.1 KB · Views: 207
I will 100% be contacting Terry this winter to submit my order for a Sentinel.

I was hesitant to drop that amount of money without ever having had my hands on one, but the 'smith I use had one at his shop one day while I was there. Very ergonomic.

I can’t believe no one else is posting their KMW stocked rifles or Sentinal Rifles built by Terry.
I am flattered that you would want to start a thread related to anything KMW, so Thank You for the kind thought.

Do not be too surprised if you get a low participation response to this thread.

Two primary reasons.
1: The vast majority of my rifle clientele are not SH members. Out of the few that are, most of those are not really "active" but rather in the
background.

2: KMW does not crank out a ton of rifles per year. I have other help in the shop but I am the only rifle builder. Some of the other shops with
several guys knocking out rifles will ship more in a month than I do in a year. This makes for a low saturation number in a large market.

Besides having a limited number of rifles I can build each year, my lane is actually very narrow.
I do not build PRS rifles and even though shit gets killed on a regular basis with KMW rifles, I don't build "hunting" rifles. Doing either or both would get 100 x more exposure on public forums.

KMW is blessed to stay very busy building rifles, stocks and lots of OEM hardware used by others. I appreciate the community as a whole allowing me to survive and grow.

I have been on the SH site for over 20yrs now. I appreciate @Lowlight putting up with the drama and BS that goes with this forum, so that we can share info as well as entertain ourselves.

There appears to be a few other topics discussing niche builders of precision rifles.
Terry Cross builds awesome rifles.

A KMW appreciation and discussion topic appears to be missing. I’ve had a few AI’s and still own a baby AX and had TRG’s. The KMW stock is so comfortable and this rifle has opened my eyes to Remington clones again.

This is a 7mm SAUM, Bat VR actioned rifle that had to be built in the U. K. so isn’t a true KMW Sentinal rifle sadly. Although it shoots lights out.
I have a couple of AIs and am quite used to them.

This is a KMW sentinel stocked TacOps in LH. I LOVE this stock and the rifle is a laser.

IMG_0950.jpeg

I am flattered that you would want to start a thread related to anything KMW, so Thank You for the kind thought.

Do not be too surprised if you get a low participation response to this thread.

Two primary reasons.
1: The vast majority of my rifle clientele are not SH members. Out of the few that are, most of those are not really "active" but rather in the
background.

2: KMW does not crank out a ton of rifles per year. I have other help in the shop but I am the only rifle builder. Some of the other shops with
several guys knocking out rifles will ship more in a month than I do in a year. This makes for a low saturation number in a large market.

Besides having a limited number of rifles I can build each year, my lane is actually very narrow.
I do not build PRS rifles and even though shit gets killed on a regular basis with KMW rifles, I don't build "hunting" rifles. Doing either or both would get 100 x more exposure on public forums.

KMW is blessed to stay very busy building rifles, stocks and lots of OEM hardware used by others. I appreciate the community as a whole allowing me to survive and grow.

I have been on the SH site for over 20yrs now. I appreciate @Lowlight putting up with the drama and BS that goes with this forum, so that we can share info as well as entertain ourselves.
I have a couple of AIs and am quite used to them.

This is a KMW sentinel stocked TacOps in LH. I LOVE this stock and the rifle is a laser.

View attachment 8427888
@Terry Cross

Great to see you replying, my rifle actually came from a British pal of yours, also called Terry. I understand your rifles are mostly in the hands of understated users but it’s also nice to show end user appreciation of what is such an ergonomic product. If I could get my hands on one of the carbon stocks that our mutual pal has I would trade a kidney! Definitely a production worthy update IMHO. But alas I appreciate your business ethos of a small business and not wanting to up production at the risk of a loss in quality. Keep’em coming and maybe one day the carbon stock will come to production. Best regards.

@Nik H
What a cracker. I’ve been sorely tempted to have mine refreshed and that black is inspirational. Thank you for sharing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Terry Cross
Don’t let Terry fool you. His stocks get around…. Unfortunately I’ve only had five of them.

On the tree of woe at an OK PRS match
sftg1.jpeg

Rock Lake PRS
IMG_4697.jpeg

Q ranch WY PRS ELR match
IMG_3891.jpeg

Somewhere cold
IMG_9125.jpeg

Gnome hunting in blue ridge mountains
IMG_9230.jpeg

Trying new clip on
IMG_3407.jpeg

Edit to add one more: getting hailed on elk hunting in SW CO with the Stuteville clan

IMG_3070.jpeg

Last edited:
Never in a month of Sundays did I expect one person to have so many KMW stocked rifles.

I take my hat off to you!
Those aren't just KMW stocked. The complete builds were done by KMW.

@GunGasm was dropped on his head as a child and doesn't exercise good judgment. LOL.

In all seriousness, that middle rifle was a really cool project done for the Lone Survivor Foundation. I'm glad it is in your hands and has a good home. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Those aren't just KMW stocked. The complete builds were done by KMW.

@GunGasm was dropped on his head as a child and doesn't exercise good judgment. LOL.

In all seriousness, that middle rifle was a really cool project done for the Lone Survivor Foundation. I'm glad it is in your hands and has a good home. Thanks for sharing the pics.

I did suspect they were true KMW sentinal’s I can but only dream. Unless of course Terry decides to move on his rifle which I can’t see happening.

There really is something about carbon that catches the eye. How about a forged carbon Sentinal? Different to then carbon weave of the masses. I would love a light weight 6.5X47 with an 18” barrel for my stalking (hunting) setup.

There really is something about carbon that catches the eye. How about a forged carbon Sentinal? Different to then carbon weave of the masses. I would love a light weight 6.5X47 with an 18” barrel for my stalking (hunting) setup.
There was a lot of issues with McM molding the CF versions of my SENTINEL shells. Their molding process is not efficient with a lot of complex curves and corners so there was a large % of shells that were unusable coming out of the mold.

Also, due to the amount of embedded hardware in the SENTINEL, you will never see a truly ultralight version. The magic to the really light stocks is the fill. The ultra light fill cannot handle shear stress so the fear is that any imbedded hardware could tear out in hard use. Accordingly a heavier fill was being used.

I am trying to find time to finish a Gen III model. When that solid model is compete, I will be having a different company molding the shells. They are much better at CF and also have the ability to do a hybrid fill that offers light weight AND shear strength. Maybe at that time, we can experiment with how light weight we can get.

Same here Terry is one of the mad scientist around here that has the gift of seeing things others dont.
Pretty switched on from a noobs perspective like mine.
I just try and pay attention and keep my foot out of my mouth.🤣🤣
Lol!

Out ringing steel with my 7mm SAUM again. I love this rifle. The .223 Tikka didn’t get a look in.

Attachments

• EC9C7C2B-E802-45E1-BC90-7072F8C58819.jpeg
    EC9C7C2B-E802-45E1-BC90-7072F8C58819.jpeg
    738 KB · Views: 30
  • Love
Reactions: Terry Cross
@Terry Cross can one have a non-folder converted to a folder or does that decision need to be made prior to molding?
Thanks for asking but that would be a solid No Go either way.

The folders were simply a response to an RFP the Marine Corp put out in 2009. The week after all the trial run of hinge parts were machined and the first stocks were delivered here from McMillan, the USMC changed their specs enough to take me out of play. I shot my wad on that initial project and had no $ left to completely redo everything. That game is an arena where only the big boy companies can afford to play.

McMillan insisted in over-engineering the fill and shell at the time which made it heavy. Low numbers of the initial run meant building each out was very labor intensive which made them very expensive. I ended up building about 28 rifles on them and side lined the project due to expense and me not being happy with the end product anyway. The few few folding stocks you see popping up here and there in pics are the result of me recently selling the remaining components as a DIY kit that didn't even include a couple of the parts that were only produced in very small quantities.

I have Multiple rifles built by the great Terry Cross. I think my first KMW rifle was around 1996-7 time frame. I also own numerous builds on single digit serial number Surgeon actions that Terry has done for me. All those guns are still used and still shooting lights out.

Terry is definitely the go to guy!!!!!! But you already know that.

Just a question , just fitted the Trigge lt Tech and my safety won’t engage. Is this a known issue and the stock needs relieving or have I done something wrong.