• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

My solution to stiffen up Atlas bipod cant

Thanks. I’ll try both and report back. Not sure I need absolute 100% lock out, but want to be close at least. But currently the best I can do is moderate friction and that’s not enough.

Thanks. I’ll try both and report back. Not sure I need absolute 100% lock out, but want to be close at least. But currently the best I can do is moderate friction and that’s not enough.
You can always add grease, but removing grease off a carbon washer looks to be a minor pain in the ass. So I’d order a few washers to test. They’re cheap.

Reactions: chris4823
You can just wipe or blot the grease off the carbon washers with a blue shop towel. We use them in several of the reels we manufacture. There are several different grades and types of carbon washers.

It's a tightly woven fiber type washer usually. The tighter the weave the less grease can get into the material. That's where you need to blot the washer. Grease will not hurt it or cause the washer not to hold.

We use grease on our washers to help make the drag smoother which usually means a little less start up inertia. The carbon materials tend to slip pretty easily under about 10 pounds of pressure. For what you are using it for it should be fine even if there is grease. Either way its applying some friction and reducing space between the clamping surfaces. You could probably get the same result with something else but this is a good cheap solution.