• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

New Berger 375 bullet 410 hybrid

Sleepertruckguy

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Aug 25, 2019
Berger just announced a new cup and core bullet. Looks like a good alternative to the 390 Atip.

Reactions: Taylorbok
I would try some but with a 1-7.5 Twist barrel I don't think the jacket would survive. Would be great in a 1-10 Twist.

I would try some but with a 1-7.5 Twist barrel I don't think the jacket would survive. Would be great in a 1-10 Twist.
One of the first things we did was make sure they would work in the current generation of ELR Rifles. We tested them at 3300 FPS out of a 1:7 and the bullets showed no degradation of BC or precision. They will work just fine in your rifle.

Has anyone done any testing yet?

Berger just announced a new cup and core bullet. Looks like a good alternative to the 390 Atip.

Very impressive specs.
However, just noticed on that page the following (unhappy) formulation of benefits of BTs:
Untitled.png

Don't say hop! until you jumped!

Heavier than ATIP with lower BC. Same price

These will appeal most to the guys who insist on yellow boxes

I have shot them in 10 and 12 twists and they shoot lights out. I don't think I'd go faster than 9. So not a good bullet to transition to if you're shooting long heavy solids in a 7 or 8 twist right now

How is consistency of the Atips and are they ok with fast twist rates?
In our testing, from 0 - 1800 yards.

• The A-Tips have about a 3% shot to shot variation on BC.
  • The Sierra 350gr have a 0.5% shot to shot BC Variation.
  • The Lead Core Berger's have a 0.5% shot to shot BC Variation.
  • The Solid Berger's have about a 0.6% shot to shot BC Variation.
  • The Cutting Edge Gen 2 Lazer also have around a 0.5% shot to shot BC Variation.
This data is from me scouring the hundreds of PDMs we have developed over the years.

Reactions: BCX and Im2bent
Heavier than ATIP with lower BC. Same price

These will appeal most to the guys who insist on yellow boxes
Based on the performance inconsistency of the A-tips. The probability of hit on a standard shooter goes from 50% first round at 1 mile to 31% just with the BC Variation of the A-Tips alone. (Target is a 20" round gong at 1 Mile). That is given ANY of the above mentioned Sierra, Berger, or Cutting Edge bullets. You are cutting your chances of a 1st round hit in half simply by using a bullet with a 3% BC variation bullet to bullet. That probably means a lot, to a lot of shooters.

Reactions: camotoe
"It's hard to get a man to understand something when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair

• Haha
Reactions: Im2bent