• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes New Elcan LPVO?

HAL_9000

Private
Minuteman
Aug 27, 2022
JP
Todd Pace, Technical Manager for ELCAN Specter® Sights demonstrates the new ELCAN VP 1-8x variable power sight. ELCAN Specter® Sights

Attachments

• sniper-prone.jpg
    sniper-prone.jpg
    328.7 KB · Views: 414
I like it. Hopefully they kept the weight under 30oz.

Is this to take the place of the SAI 1-8 that was offhandedly mentioned last year?

Elcan is for prisms!
I was wondering the same. I have an SAI 1-6 that I really like. I would definitely be interested in a 1-8 model if they were to release one.

Reactions: jh2785
SAI 10 is still forthcoming from ATI. But this Elcan? I’ve never heard of it. Any new info it?

My understanding is that Elcan is owned and developed by Raytheon…. and ATI is the exclusive distributor for Raytheon’s Elcan Specters. Whereas with SAI scopes, ATI actually owns that product and controls development thereof. (Correct me if different)

I emailed ATI earlier this year to ask about the SAI 1-10, and I think they’re still running it through trials and aren’t quite ready .lot release it to market, but a 2024 release is possible.

But this Elcan variable power optic is something that appears to be new. I’m wondering if it’s a prism optic or a traditional scope? Anybody know? @Glassaholic @koshkin

Last edited:
My understanding is that Elcan is owned and developed by Raytheon…. and ATI is the exclusive distributor for Raytheon’s Elcan Specters. Whereas with SAI scopes, ATI actually owns that product and controls development thereof. (Correct me if different)

I emailed ATI earlier this year to ask about the one to 10, and I think they’re still running it through trials or something.

But this Elcan variable power optic is something that appears to be new. I’m wondering if it’s a prism optic or a traditional scope? Anybody know? @Glassaholic @koshkin

Correct. Elcan is owned by Raytheon and they are primarily focused on the military world. Civilian world is not a priority for them.

SAI and Tangent Theta are ATI's optics brands, and they are interested in both military and civilian applications.

For a variety of obvious reasons, I can not discuss any development projects ATI may or may not have.

As far as this Elcan goes, what's in the picture is a conventional variable optic. Prismatics do not lend themselves well to continuosu magnification adjustment. You can do switch power as Elcan has shown.

Thanks
ILya

Reactions: jh2785