• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

New RF bino from Vectronix!!! Vector X

I mostly shoot NRL Hunter matches now and having a Kestrel in the mix gets cumbersome and is another place for the process to break down. So, I don't use the Kestrel or binos for wind calls. I've seen folks using 10K's for wind and they are quite good at it, though. Having wind at your fingertip on the gen 2 looks real nice if you need it and I could potentially see testing that. Having to go into the menu as shown above on the Vectronix wouldn't be useful for me in a match situation, though.
This is why at this point I am sticking with the Swaro EL Range 8x42s. I don't want/need the kestrel involved for matches like NRL hunter, PRS or DMR matches. However, I have a Kestrel simply because there is no way to use the Swaro binos OR app, to download/view ballistic tables, so I use the Kestrel along with AB and/or Chairgun on my phone if I need hard fixed data for shooting something like a Run and Gun competition where carrying Binos or Kestrel makes no sense. Ideally Swaro would make their solver available in the app so you could view and manipulate data for hard dope cards because so far, the Swaro solver, whatever it is they are using, is more accurate for me than AB/Kestrel or Chairgun/Kestrel.

This is why at this point I am sticking with the Swaro EL Range 8x42s. I don't want/need the kestrel involved for matches like NRL hunter, PRS or DMR matches. However, I have a Kestrel simply because there is no way to use the Swaro binos OR app, to download/view ballistic tables, so I use the Kestrel along with AB and/or Chairgun on my phone if I need hard fixed data for shooting something like a Run and Gun competition where carrying Binos or Kestrel makes no sense. Ideally Swaro would make their solver available in the app so you could view and manipulate data for hard dope cards because so far, the Swaro solver, whatever it is they are using, is more accurate for me than AB/Kestrel or Chairgun/Kestrel.
I’m so disappointed in the Swarovski app. I paid 3600 for my El Range and this stupid app has me trapped on their ecosystem. Every gun has to be matched to a Swaro scope for a profile. Only able to have 3 profiles total. 3 loaded in the binos and no extras saved in the app. If I want a new profile I have to select one of their scopes and create something new on the fly and replace a known good config. The glass is awesome but if you have more than 3 barrels/rifles you regularly use you’re screwed.

I’m curious how the Vextronix app will work and if I will be able to have a number of gun profiles saved. Preferably at least 10 and if they could be copied from my Kestrel it would be golden.

I’m so disappointed in the Swarovski app. I paid 3600 for my El Range and this stupid app has me trapped on their ecosystem. Every gun has to be matched to a Swaro scope for a profile. Only able to have 3 profiles total. 3 loaded in the binos and no extras saved in the app. If I want a new profile I have to select one of their scopes and create something new on the fly and replace a known good config. The glass is awesome but if you have more than 3 barrels/rifles you regularly use you’re screwed.

I’m curious how the Vextronix app will work and if I will be able to have a number of gun profiles saved. Preferably at least 10 and if they could be copied from my Kestrel it would be golden.
I will 100% agree with you on that part. I talked to Swaro about adding more profiles...at least in the app, but I am sure it won't go very far. I usually just select any scope that is MRAD with the same click value and let it roll. With that being said, the inputs are simple, and seem...abbreviated at first, but the results are excellent so I put up with the rest of it. For me, I only have about 3 guns that I really get anal about when it comes to precision so its not as big of a hindrance to me as it will be for some.

Reactions: Texascbr