• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Official (DTA) SRS, HTI, Covert, Hunter Thread

Doesn't the brake screw on the muzzle?
Which it shows M22 x 1.5 threads.
I must have missed something.
I think this is what he is referring to..

Attachments

• BRAKE.jpg
    BRAKE.jpg
    892.4 KB · Views: 23
Reactions: Dragoon300
I think this is what he is referring to..
Thanks!
I didn't know DT was that smart!
I do mean that.
On another note, you did some amazing shooting with your's!!!
I haven't been able to get to a range longer than 1050 yards yet, but I want to.
I once had two barrels made by a very prominent maker that told me he didn't think that "toy" rifles, as he called the then new DTA SRS bullpup, were up to the task of shooting 1000 yards accurately. That was quite a while ago now, and I respect him too much to tell who he is. Since then the SRS's in capable hands like yours, have proven him very wrong!
Good luck with Winter, I am enjoying our Spring!

Cheers!

I once had two barrels made by a very prominent maker that told me he didn't think that "toy" rifles, as he called the then new DTA SRS bullpup, were up to the task of shooting 1000 yards accurately.
Ha ..... The "Toy" rifles are in fact the most accurate i have owned and used...and trust me i have had some very exotic rifles and custom builds..

Ha ..... The "Toy" rifles are in fact the most accurate i have owned and used...and trust me i have had some very exotic rifles and custom builds..
I agree 100%
This platform is inherently accurate.
It isn't perfect, but almost!

Has anyone run any of the following in their DT?
- 7mm SAW
- 284Win
- Any short magnum

If so, what issues/roadblocks did you experience? How was mag feeding?

I’ve had three rifles chambered in 7mmSAW before so am familiar with it.

- 7mm SAW
- 284Win
- Any short magnum

short magnums can be finicky with feeding.

Last edited:
Reactions: Simia Dei
TPG-1 ..Superb action, built like a bank vault and super smooth!!

1 Inch Dia bolt on the 308..
I looked the Unique Alpine up and read about it. The first reaction I had when I saw your photo of one, was how comfortable it looked! Then the first article I read made a point of how comfortable it is! It truly is a very nice rifle. They said Unique Alpine worked with FN to do the APG3, or FN's Ballista. You have a great rifle!

Reactions: wooferocau
Regarding the HTI....which i LOVE!!!

I have been bugging the hell out of Carson from DT....I have suggested they incorporate a 338 Lapua conversion for the HTI..

Why you ask...
The 338 lap with the longer 29" heavy HTI profile barrel , combined with the weight of the HTI would be an awesome combo.
The 338 "Bolt head" would enable the use of the popular and efficient 33 and 37XC cartridges.

As it stands ..
375CT...great cartridge BUT...components are hard to find and VERY expensive.
408CT ...dead and buried..
416.. Expensive on all accounts !!
50BMG ...LOVE it myself.. BUT its to much for most and to expensive.

Probably very wishful thinking , but will continue to bug Carson until i get the definitive , absolute NO!!
I like that idea to. Keep bugging Carson.

- 7mm SAW
- 284Win
- Any short magnum

I have a 284 in the DT. I could never get it to feed, so I gave up on that caliber in this platform. I think the rebated rim and magazine interface was the issue

Reactions: Simia Dei
Some calibers just don’t feed week in the DT. For many calibers that are not offered by desert tech, the biggest key to feeding is to make sure the projectile of the cartridge makes its way into the chamber before he magazine releases the cartridge. If the magazines releases the cartridge before the projectile makes its eating to chamber, you are going to have feeding issues.

Desert tech now has a few additional mags that may help with some calibers that had issues before.

There are the obvious 6 and 10 rd mags for the .308 and 6.5 Creedmoor. They work great for the various creedmoor cartridges, .308, .243, .260 rem, and 47 cartridges. Shops have modified them to work with some short action magnum calibers in the past.

Then there are the 5 and 8 rd mags for the 300 wm, .300 Ultra and .338 LM cartridges. These work well with the 300 prc and will work with the Norma cartridges though DT has a 5 rd specifically for the Norma cartridges. The 5 rd Norma magazine is also for the 7 rem mag and works for the 7 prc.

DT recently came out with a 5 rd mag for the 30-06 and another 5 rd mag for the 6.5 PRC. I’m curious to see how the prc mags works for some of the other short action magnum calibers that have historically been problematic in the SRS.

Last edited:
I have a 284 in the DT. I could never get it to feed, so I gave up on that caliber in this platform. I think the rebated rim and magazine interface was the issue
Thats a shame, I could have told you that wouldn't work 10 years ago. One of the baddest cartridges but just wont feed well in the SRS.

Some calibers just don’t feed week in the DT. For many calibers that are not offered by desert tech, the biggest key to feeding is to make sure the projectile of the cartridge makes its way into the chamber before he magazine releases the cartridge. If the magazines releases the cartridge before the projectile makes its eating to chamber, you are going to have feeding issues.

Desert tech now has a few additional mags that may help with some calibers that had issues before.

There are the obvious 6 and 10 rd mags for the .308 and 6.5 Creedmoor. They work great for the various creedmoor cartridges, .308, .243, .260 rem, and 47 cartridges. Shops have modified them to work with some short action magnum calibers in the past.

Then there are the 5 and 8 rd mags for the 300 wm, .300 Ultra and .338 LM cartridges. These work well with the 300 prc and will work with the Norma cartridges though DT has a 5 rd specifically for the Norma cartridges. The 5 rd Norma magazine is also for the 7 rem mag and works for the 7 prc.

DT recently came out with a 5 rd mag for the 30-06 and another 5 rd mag for the 6.5 PRC. I’m curious to see how the prc mags works for some of the other short action magnum calibers that have historically been problematic in the SRS.
Are the 6.5 PRC mags available now?

I have a 6.5 prc mag for the dt, I messed around with the 300!wsm and 7 wsm on the mag. I don't see why it won't work, but I haven't tried any loaded rounds, say toss a 300 Norma barrel on so the chamber is large enough and try to cycle a few dummy rounds. Same with the 7prc. I've chambered a few barrels, but nothing the desert tech system yet with the 7prc to see how it'd feed. It'd be just fine.

I bought my DTA SRS with a factory 6.5x47 bbl, and found it to be very picky where accuracy was concerned. In fact, I found one load that shot really well, and that was it. Sold that bbl and bought a couple of Bartlein blanks to replace it - one in a 6mm 1-7.8tw lighter contour that I chambered for 6x47, the 2nd a 7mm/1-9tw heavier contour that I chambered in 284 Win. Both shot really well, with the 6x47 feeding smoothly from the start. I bought several 300Win Mag 5rd mags from DTA, along with some shorter followers that I used in making conversion mags for the 284, and really don't remember having any feeding issues with them. It's been so long ago that I did those mags that I'm not sure now just what I did with them, but they did work ok for me. I haven't had that rifle (with either bbl) out of the closet for several years now. Lost interest in it, and should probably list it here in the classifieds.

Thats a shame, I could have told you that wouldn't work 10 years ago. One of the baddest cartridges but just wont feed well in the SRS.
Yea I have one of the original rifle's from when they were DTA. I got it in 2011 time frame and struggled with the 284. I gave up on that cartrige. A buddy of mine and I are going to the NF ELR we both have the DT A2 versions in 300 PRC and its been great. I am probably going to see about rechambering the 284 barrel to something like the 7-6.5 PRC.

Does anyone, or anyone you know swap an optic back and forth between two different rifleson a regular basis?
I like my SB 5-45x56 on my SRS, and am thinking of getting an HTI, and would like the same scope on both and really don't want to buy another one. I have charted zero shifts for my different barrels, and am thinking changing rifles would be the same basic concept. I'm thinking of dialing the U/D & R/L shift (rifle to rifle), then slipping the turrets to 0/0.
Does this sound practical, or problematic?

Reactions: PRDRIVER
Does anyone, or anyone you know swap an optic back and forth between two different rifleson a regular basis?
I like my SB 5-45x56 on my SRS, and am thinking of getting an HTI, and would like the same scope on both and really don't want to buy another one. I have charted zero shifts for my different barrels, and am thinking changing rifles would be the same basic concept. I'm thinking of dialing the U/D & R/L shift (rifle to rifle), then slipping the turrets to 0/0.
Back when I was traveling to matches, I would routinely pull my scope off when checking my rifle at the airport and carry the scope on the plane. I found with my Spuhr mount, that my rifle would go right back to zero when remounting the optic.

I don’t think you’d have an issue going between rifles.

Back when I was traveling to matches, I would routinely pull my scope off when checking my rifle at the airport and carry the scope on the plane. I found with my Spuhr mount, that my rifle would go right back to zero when remounting the optic.

I don’t think you’d have an issue going between rifles.
Excellent, thanks!
I have heard that it is advisable to carry your optic with you on the airline, makes good!
Do you have the new 30-06 SRS conversions available?

Excellent, thanks!
I have heard that it is advisable to carry your optic with you on the airline, makes good!
We do. Just a heads up. The person in charge of ordering those barrels from Lothar Walther, ordered the wrong profile. The factory 30-06 barrels are a hunter profile when they were intended to be the standard profile. Standard profile barrels are on order but are a few months from being in stock.

Since the A2 now has a bolt on top rail like the M2, does that mean that an M2 could be converted to a covert with an A2 rail and covert hand guard?

Excellent, thanks!
We do. Just a heads up. The person in charge of ordering those barrels from Lothar Walther, ordered the wrong profile. The factory 30-06 barrels are a hunter profile when they were intended to be the standard profile. Standard profile barrels are on order.
Since the A2 now has a bolt on top rail like the M2, does that mean that an M2 could be converted to a covert with an A2 rail and covert hand guard?
Sure does. Let me know if you need an A2 rail or covert handguard

Spuhr Quick Detach are fantastic mounts for that intent .. I have used them and they are 100% repeatable..