• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Precision Rifle Gear Shooting Pack preference?

I have an Eberlestock GunSlinger 2 that has been great for me. I use it mostly on hunts.

Reactions: M8541Reaper
Pfft! Backpack…as if

E4D52C10-1A46-43AE-BDF7-03F5A1F3A244.jpeg

IMHO, for PRS type shit and general back and forth to the range, it’s: UpRanger > everything else.

I don’t feel that way because I think it’s the best or anything, more like “the best so far” with it being designed more for the task versus a typical pack.

TBH, I’m surprised more/other brands haven’t copied the idea and tried to bring it along and perfect the concept?

Kifaru shape charge

Cause dont be a pussy

Thats all 😉
I've heard a surprising amount of people talk about their Kifaru packs ripping the shoulder straps out. And when one of my buddies showed me where his was repaired by them you can easily see it's not designed to be very durable in that spot. Really changed my view of their packs which are super expensive. And I like that company.

• Wow
Reactions: powdahound76
I think the transition of packs from general purpose hunting, backpacking pack to shooting pack is a result of where the pack's usage intent is. A lot of the packs that focus on load bearing are made for the movement. And a medics pack for example is made for "actions on". It excels when you open it and need to quickly access key items. It doesn't excel on a 20 mile movement. I have no problem with a cavernous pack if Im loading a pack to move gear to a place where I'm going to unload the gear and use it outside of the pack. But for matches it's almost a 50/50 mix where you walk to a stage and open the pack to work out of it. In a lot of cases the pack spends more time getting worked out of than it does on your back bearing load. The movement between stages is not a huge consideration. Kifaru makes movement packs. That would be my argument against one.

I use mine, but dont abuse it.

And for sure do way more moving with it than not.

If I didnt live down the street from them and get a deal when they were still in D town, I would look at the Fehu.
Solid guy (can even sort of shoot a little 😉) and darn nice.
First match I ever shot was his Laramie match.

I've had several each of the Eberlestock, Kifaru and Mystery Ranch packs.

For range use and PRS the Up Ranger is the best overall. For field use, I love my MR 3DAP.

I sold all three of my Kifaru packs. I felt the marketing out paced the quality.

IDK about most of you guys, but I work out of my pack the whole day when I'm at a match... so I kind of wish there were more packs out there designed specifically for PRS matches (or for all the crap a rifle nerd typically drags back and forth to the range)...

IMO everything having a spot that allows one to quickly see what's on hand, and also that everything is squared away and accounted for before heading to the next stage, was/is a great feature and was the main reason I went with an UpRanger (at this point I'm spoiled and probably can't live without being able to quickly/easily stow my tripod down one of the sides for walking between stages too). If I had to unpack my shit to find something every other stage I'd go crazy (and probably lose more than a few things).

If I was going to hike up a mountain or go camping I'd probably choose something different.

Reactions: Mormegil87
IDK about most of you guys, but I work out of my pack the whole day when I'm at a match... so I kind of wish there were more packs out there designed specifically for PRS matches (or for all the crap a rifle nerd typically drags back and forth to the range)...

IMO everything having a spot that allows one to quickly see what's on hand, and also that everything is squared away and accounted for before heading to the next stage, was/is a great feature and was the main reason I went with an UpRanger (at this point I'm spoiled and probably can't live without being able to quickly/easily stow my tripod down one of the sides for walking between stages too). If I had to unpack my shit to find something every other stage I'd go crazy (and probably lose more than a few things).

If I was going to hike up a mountain or go camping I'd probably choose something different.

Maybe a shop like Creedmoor Sports could build a better mouse trap? (hopefully, before someone like A419 comes out with one for $1K lol)
We do a thing at work...the more squared away of us...we take a picture of whats supposed to be in a box, add serial numbers to the pic, print it out and tape it the underside of the lid. Might be interesting to add a map case the inside flap to take a pic of what your pack looks like when it's optimally loaded out for a match. I have anxiety everytime I get up at 0400 to jump in the truck and drive 3 hours to the match. What did I forget? If you could open the top flap and compare like-pic to like-sight it would be a quick, picture oriented checklist so you could rationally counter irrational paranoia about forgetting shit the night before.

Reactions: carbonbased
Some of you super-organized guys should look at various Think Tank, Lowepro, Mr. Jan Gear (Boris IV), and Gura Gear photo backpacks. You can really organize stuff with the internal Velcro dividers.

Here are two that I think are neat.

Gura Gear Kiboko 30L (butterfly opening, they make one that carries a laptop too, straps are attached traditionally)
1715741644228.png

Think Tank Backlight 36L (comes in bigger and smaller versions too. Opens under the shoulder straps, you can spin it around while wearing and has a cord to keep the panel open while you work in the bag. See pic)
1715741920575.png

I own some Think Tank products and their stuff is nice.

Obviously these packs aren’t backpacking bags and aren’t as tough as a Mystery Ranch. But for comp use I would think they are gtg.

Reactions: CK1.0
Oh yeah, also look at Portabrace and gear for cinema shooters. They need to stay real organized on set. Look in BHphoto.

Reactions: CK1.0
Some of you super-organized guys should look at various Think Tank, Lowepro, Mr. Jan Gear (Boris IV), and Gura Gear photo backpacks. You can really organize stuff with the internal Velcro dividers.

Here are two that I think are neat.

Gura Gear Kiboko 30L (butterfly opening, they make one that carries a laptop too, straps are attached traditionally)
View attachment 8418374

Think Tank Backlight 36L (comes in bigger and smaller versions too. Opens under the shoulder straps, you can spin it around while wearing and has a cord to keep the panel open while you work in the bag. See pic)
View attachment 8418377

I own some Think Tank products and their stuff is nice.

Obviously these packs aren’t backpacking bags and aren’t as tough as a Mystery Ranch. But for comp use I would think they are gtg.
If you clicked the link in the OP you would see I have

Reactions: carbonbased
If you clicked the link in the OP you would see I have
I thought that was a different thread lol. I’m losing it!

Anyway, I’ve never heard much about Fjord packs. That looks pretty nice. BH has other boutique brands like that as well (you prob know this).

Last edited:
Those camera packs are the shit.

All the outdoorsy sniper tough guy shit is useless to me and probably most other guys for the most part, whose longest ruck is more like from one of the fancy trucks in the parking lot to the briefing, not up some mountain lol.