• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors TBAC Dominus vs Magnus

Vinnie45ACP

Unapologetic Patriot!
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2021
Virginia
Looking for a can for my 16” ADM AR10. Is the Dominus really as effective as the Magnus on a gas gun 308 at the shooters ear. Has anyone tried or experienced both to tell the difference. Isn’t much difference in price, but there is in size and weight.

They will be about the same for the peak due to port pop. Port pop is a very short event compared to the gas escaping from the muzzle. That component is a lot quieter with the Magnus. Hope that makes sense.
If I went with a Magnus HUB and have no dog in the fight for a specific mount, what mount would you suggest considering weight, length, and POI. I have read from others how either a specific flash hider or MB can effect sound or several things within a specific can.

If I went with a Magnus HUB and have no dog in the fight for a specific mount, what mount would you suggest considering weight, length, and POI. I have read from others how either a specific flash hider or MB can effect sound or several things within a specific can.
Currently the lightest, and shortest mount on the market. Would make an excellent addition to the Magnus. I have been running one on my OCL Hydrogen-L since March. Excellent mount, straight & true threads, and lightweight. And if I get a Magnus HUB in the future, I will be running this mount on it, as well.

Get the Magnus and put a Rifle Speed on your rifle. Zev just sent me a 16" 308. Getting a Rifle Speed on it and videos will go up.
Patiently waiting for .875 Riflespeed gas blocks myself, but have a Dominus K-SR for my gassers.

I don't have a specific one to endorse, but I'd find the lightest direct thread mount that was also straight and use that.
I read in one of your other posts that the Magnus HUB is an experiment for you all. With that being said, I still bought the Magnus HUB last night (since it was such a great deal and so much less than the SR). However I am still on the fence about a mounting system for the HUB. If I go direct thread, will I notice a difference in sound DB (difference form the HUB to SR CR versions)? Since there will be no muzzle device there for any type of compensation? or should I choose a system that allows for a break or flash hider to help take some relief off of the baffles (and give the full TI can some extra life) as well as help with sound if there is any to actually give, I am no expert that is why I am asking, I just figure they are there so what kind of difference do they make? Some say they help give some extra life to the baffles, but nothing is said on how it effects sound. When you all do your testing for sound (ML/MR/SE), it is always with the SR mount, and a muzzle device.

Any reasonable muzzle device shouldn't show a measurable difference in suppression.

A brake does help the first baffle a little bit, but it usually does not show unless you're on less than 16" barrels or have a really high firing rate

Last edited:
Reactions: SoundFx