• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

The AR15 Picture Thread

So… my C1 is 1.93, but I swapped my J-arm to 1.70” because it makes the dot on the RMR the same centerpoint as the illuminated center of the ATACR, instead of being 1/4” higher. To me, it just feels quicker and more natural.

Reactions: 91Eunozs
Honestly, I only did it this way because it’s a C1 and I had the 45° J-arm with it. Normally I would put it directly on top at 12:00 because it’s easier to use with NODs that way. But the scope mount is already at 1.93” and this rifle was meant to be more of a do-it-all SPR-ish kinda thing, so I kinda fell into doing it this way.

All that said, I like it much more than I thought I would. I use it to get the gun pointed in the right direction and leave the NF at 8x, so I don’t have to hunt in the scope, which just plain worked at the LF course when hunting for concealed / camo’d targets in the woods. I’m not sure how it would do with fast “transitions”, but I don’t do much that would require such a thing. I basically take the gun(s) that best fit the class, which most times is a 10-12” with T2 or EXPS and magnifier.
Yeah I like this setup when shooting pigs… usually over bait at a known distance, usually between 75-150 or so yards. I really like the offset BUiS or red dot for pop up targets …usually when walking to the blind, or searching for runners in the scrub brush we call vegetation here in Tejas Hill Country.

I do have a couple with the red dot mounted at 12 O’Clock ; for the same reasons you list, primarily for shooting with NVGs.

This one will almost certainly get the red dot moved to a 45* offset once I get the ROF mount anodized ODG:

i-R5R9h3K-X4.jpg

…but this one will always have the 12 OClock mount of course:

i-76m5zRm-X3.jpg

Reactions: S197 and TheHorta
Used to have RDS mounted on 45deg with LPVO. However, after transitioning to skyscraper tall optics with mounts such as GBRS Hydra, I have moved them to 12 o'clock. My personal reasoning is that I want to keep my stance and head position the same across the board for pistol and carbine (or longer than a carbine, but taking shots in situations normally taken with a carbine).

I.E. when I need to use RDS, it's almost never going to be from a precision rifle position (prone, barricade, tripod, etc). It's likely going to be when moving or similar. Same for nvg use. I want to be able to do the exact same (or very close) thing when I'm not using nvg as when I am using nvg.

Essentially, this increases efficiency for training, which in turn translates to higher success in the field. It doesn't matter if I'm using nvg with pistol or rifle, or not using nvg with pistol or rifle, LPVO or RDS.....doesn't matter. Rifle comes up to same position, head stays in same position, body remains upright and "heads up."

Now, this does mean that I end up using the LPVO far less down on 1x and such and using the RDS more often in situations I would have used the LPVO in the past. Some may argue they want to use the LPVO as much as possible to get the most out of their investment, as well as other reasons. Which are perfectly valid.

The TLDR version: I now keep an RDS at 12 o'clock on LPVO and only use the LPVO when I have time and opportunity to get into a precision position. Which, if I'm running an LPVO, that means my primary use (or at least a very large % of use) will afford me that opportunity. Otherwise I'll just run an RDS + Magnifier.

Reactions: TheHorta
Criterion chrome line 14.5" barrel living with a Sharps Bros. receiver set and Geissele MK 16 rail. TriggerTech Competition 3.5 LB trigger, Young Mfg. Ionbond DLC coated bolt carrier with fitted JP bolt. BCM MK 2 recoil system with T1 buffer. OSS/HUXWRX Flow 556K out front. The new BCM SOPMOD MK 2 stock is my new favorite. Both light in weight and with a great cheek weld.

To see how this barrel would perform, I installed a Nightforce 2.5-20x50 NX8 and shot some groups with FGMM 73 Berger ammo. It quickly settled down to 0.80 MOA five-shot groups by the first box. I need to put a decent LPVO on top of this.

IMG_4640.jpeg

IMG_4635.jpeg
IMG_4636.jpeg
IMG_4637.jpeg
IMG_4638.jpeg
MSTN logo-lg.jpg

Last edited:
Got this BCM ELW 16" upper when I left Big Army in 2020 and been adding to it since, bought a real BCM lower in like '21 and got the SF Mini 2 approved in '22. Razor 1-6 on top, moved from a Badger J arm to the 12 o'clock mount for NV use which gives me room for a convenient brass catcher. Brass goblins hate this one little trick...

You'll notice a nice little bullseye on a gusty day at 600 yards... That is shot 2 out of 3, 1 and 3 are touching so I'm not sure where 2 got all that elevation from but we call it skill and leave it at that. The CMP range down in Talladega.

Attachments

• Black Gat 2.jpg
    Black Gat 2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 53
  • 300 Yard 3rd Group CMP.jpg
    300 Yard 3rd Group CMP.jpg
    359.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 600 Yard 3rd Group CMP.jpg
    600 Yard 3rd Group CMP.jpg
    378.1 KB · Views: 62
  • Black Gat.jpg
    Black Gat.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 61
  • 600YardGatBlack.jpg
    600YardGatBlack.jpg
    406.7 KB · Views: 62
Reactions: MSTN
New DMR rig just finished. Sharps Bros upper and lower receivers, Criterion Core 14.5" chrome lined barrel with fixed gas block, Geissele MK 16 rail and Maritime bolt release, PRI Gas Buster, Young MFG DLC coated BCG, TriggerTech Adaptive trigger set at 2.5 LB, BCM MK 2 recoil system with T1 buffer, Ergo monster grip, BCM SOPMOD Mk 2 stock, Nightforce ATACR 1-8x24 F1 in Scalarworks mount, Surefire Scout light in Arisaka mount, OSS/HUXWRX Flow 556K out front. Not yet installed are my MAWL-C1 and an Aimpoint P-2 in Arisaka mount. Shoots match grade ammo well under MOA.

IMG_4787.jpeg

IMG_4789.jpeg

IMG_4790.jpeg

IMG_4791.jpeg

First Post! Here's my latest...

IWI z15 Urban BDU Finish (awesome rifle)
Rise Armament RA-535 trigger
Lantac Enhanced BCG
BCA 18" Stainless Fluted Heavy Barrel - I hear a lot of hit and miss on these, but took the gamble. My only bitch was the threads were not cut all the way, but I fixed it with a die. Barrel shoots great and is pretty accurate otherwise. Looks great and I found no issues when scoping it.

Aero Precision Breech Charging Handle - I had to make it fit properly because they obviously throw the tolerances out with their finish. My original mil spec fit and a borrowed ambi-handle fit fine. It was the handle and I'm annoyed that a company with "Precision" in their name cant make a charge handle that fits.

Bushnell 4.5-18x40 Illuminated Optic - excellent for the money.
Fostech Titanium Brake - great felt recoil reduction and it looks cool.
Magpul Bipod

I love this rifle. Not a single failure when stock or in current form. I have about 100 rounds through it on the new barrel and I'm going to put a few hundred more through it this weekend.
new build.jpg

First Post! Here's my latest...

IWI z15 Urban BDU Finish (awesome rifle)
Rise Armament RA-535 trigger
Lantac Enhanced BCG
BCA 18" Stainless Fluted Heavy Barrel - I hear a lot of hit and miss on these, but took the gamble. My only bitch was the threads were not cut all the way, but I fixed it with a die. Barrel shoots great and is pretty accurate otherwise. Looks great and I found no issues when scoping it.

Aero Precision Breech Charging Handle - I had to make it fit properly because they obviously throw the tolerances out with their finish. My original mil spec fit and a borrowed ambi-handle fit fine. It was the handle and I'm annoyed that a company with "Precision" in their name cant make a charge handle that fits.

Bushnell 4.5-18x40 Illuminated Optic - excellent for the money.
Fostech Titanium Brake - great felt recoil reduction and it looks cool.
Magpul Bipod

I love this rifle. Not a single failure when stock or in current form. I have about 100 rounds through it on the new barrel and I'm going to put a few hundred more through it this weekend.
View attachment 8433801
I’ve installed literally dozens of Aero charging handles with zero issues…Anodized and Cerakoted. I’d send that one back if it’s out of spec.

What receiver set and hand guard?

Edit: Just looked it up; never heard of IWI as a commercial seller other than the Tavor. 🤷‍♂️

Looks like they’re really expanding their offerings. Cool.

Last edited:
I’ve installed literally dozens of Aero charging handles with zero issues…Anodized and Cerakoted. I’d send that one back if it’s out of spec.

What receiver set and hand guard?

Edit: Just looked it up; never heard of IWI as a commercial seller other than the Tavor. 🤷‍♂️

Looks like they’re really expanding their offerings. Cool.
Yeah, IWI is a pretty decent company. The AR is made in PA and in stock form everything was flawless. I spent a few minutes, oiled it up real good and cycled it a bunch. Then re-cleaned it as there was some black finish from the handle that wore down into the oil. It works good now. Receiver grooves are all clean.

I verified it wasn't bent with good machinist straight edges, and the Bolt and Gas tube are fine, a Milspec and my Lantac BCG both engage the gas tube and lock/unlock smoothly.
Receiver is factory IWI and the handguard is IWI branded Magpul mlok.

The Aero Precision handle has some diagonal serrations in the middle of the lever on the sides that I'm guessing are there to hold oil maybe...they were the problem, almost like those slash-cuts raised the surface of the metal a bit, or the cerakote was too thick. I dont see any aluminum on it just some spots that are now smooth on the handle.

It's not like it was locked up in there or anything, it was just harder to cycle than it should have been in the beginning.

I guess when I build my aero m5 and this happens I wont sweat it. If it doesnt happen, even better!