• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Maggie’s THE "NOM NOM NOM" THREAD

We did a cul-de-sac dinner & movie night last night. Neighbors brought sides & we made burgers and brisket. I also chopped up some jalapeños & serranos for anyone who needs some heat. I made some pretty epic burgers for everyone, as follows.

Grilled peppers on top of burger then melted cheese on top. Buttered then toasted a pretzel bun. Put a dollop of shredded brisket and another slice of melted cheese on top of the burger. Slathered the whole mess with some bbq sauce and try to fit it all in your mouth without making a mess everywhere

1716835265159.jpeg

Well wife came home with a couple briskets. Should have cooked this weekend but a broken air conditioning system killed that.
95 -100 for a couple days now and high humidity.

My sons came over yesterday and bailed our ass out now 73 inside.

So getting things ready clean out stick burner and save homemade charcoal.

20240527_173310.jpg

Salvaged from last burn.

Then last night's thunderstorm dropped some dead pecan limbs.

Some mesquite culled from the farm and dead oak / over grown oak.

All closed up waiting for storms to pass overnight.
20240527_180314.jpg

Ready now.

20240527_180718.jpg

Still licking my lips, sitting here on the couch after one of my favorite meals…

Pork loin that’s been marinating in olive oil, garlic and some dried and ground hot peppers all afternoon, then grilled; topped with a bunch of diced apples and golden raisons, cooked with a bunch of ginger root (picked out before serving of course) in butter, cinnamon, and a touch of nutmeg.

Accompanied with smashed-mashed potatoes, and baby carrots cooked with butter, dill, and lemon.

Damn, what a meal!

i-TxJt85c-X4.jpg

…don’t mind the bit of the drippings from the apples that fell across the knife; I may have been rushing my wife as she was serving it up! LoL

Still licking my lips, sitting here on the couch after one of my favorite meals…

Pork loin that’s been marinating in olive oil, garlic and some dried and ground hot peppers all afternoon, then grilled; topped with a bunch of diced apples and golden raisons, cooked with a bunch of ginger root (picked out before serving of course) in butter, cinnamon, and a touch of nutmeg.

Accompanied with smashed-mashed potatoes, and baby carrots cooked with butter, dill, and lemon.

Damn, what a meal!

i-TxJt85c-X4.jpg

…don’t mind the bit of the drippings from the apples that fell across the knife; I may have been rushing my wife as she was serving it up! LoL
That sounds like an outstanding meal. I love the ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg.

Well got the 15 lb brisket going.
Kept the stick burner between 200 and 220.

I had time to take a couple key shots to help newcomers.

20240528_200625.jpg

Take a look at the large (cap) end, it's still dry the small (flat) end has just started to swett.

That is when I pull them and wrap them.

20240528_202608.jpg

Fold a seam on two pieces of foil and you can add some extra seasonings on fat side up.

20240528_205235.jpg

Next step is important to the Texas Crutch method.
The foil must be wrapped tight all around and formed against the meat.

That's when I add a probe and put it in the oven at 220 f .

Run it to 204 degrees internal and then let rest 2-3 hours before cutting.

This will produce a great brisket regardless of size every time.

Last edited:
Well duh.

Forgot to add the end game.

20240529_162850.jpg

Nice and jiggly.

My son took off with it and gave me a raw one .

So round two starts.

17170288343874026651264778644440.jpg

Downwind neighbor shaking a fist at me (in jest) as he mowes his lawn third time in a week.

My lawn looks crappy. Lol

The shape of the second one looks a lott better, a more arrow dynamic shape and better thickness consistency.

Too busy with wife packing up for her fishing trip to make a full BBQ meal.
So I fast tracked burnt ends, slaw and some tater tots.

I seasoned the plain tots both sides and sprayed the sheet tray a little. Turn tots halfway and then 3/4 way add shredded cheese.
Kind of made a cheese skirt around them, quick and easy.

20240530_203804.jpg

Edit: Had to be very careful cutting up these cubes, dip in sause and reheat. No knife necisary.

Last edited:
Sometimes I like just making a one pan dinner. I use a 12” straight wall pan with a vented glass lid. Here’s some chicken leg quarters in white wine and chicken stock ready for about 40 minutes of low and slow.

1717591901602.jpeg

And ready to eat:

1717591935802.jpeg

That’s supposed to be a special hot paprika from Hungary that a friend brought back for me. Next time I’ll use a lot more.

We eat what's on sale.
This week was pork loins on sale.

She cooked me some beer batter sandbass (white bass) today. Her friends in the womans outdoor group got together and cought a limmit of 25 each. Our neighbor gave us some yellow squash she fried with it.

Think I'll do snitzle with some of the pork.

We eat what's on sale.
This week was pork loins on sale.

She cooked me some beer batter sandbass (white bass) today. Her friends in the womans outdoor group got together and cought a limmit of 25 each. Our neighbor gave us some yellow squash she fried with it.

Think I'll do snitzle with some of the pork.
Yum, schnitzel! Last time I made schnitzel, I way overestimated the amount of pork I needed and ended up with a huge stack of schnitzel. So the neighbors ate well too.

I like mine pounded thin and use my homemade rolling pin, which is a big mutha.