• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Maggie’s The Retired Guy Thread

It's magic.

Hobo Hilton, your article is about the DOW. Bigfatcock posted about the S&P500. They are two different things. Amazon is already one of the top three stocks in the S&P 500. Walgreens (WBA) is also in the S&P 500, so you get both when you buy VOO or a similar low cost index fund mimicking the S&P 500.

Hobo Hilton, your article is about the DOW. Bigfatcock posted about the S&P500. They are two different things. Amazon is already one of the top three stocks in the S&P 500. Walgreens (WBA) is also in the S&P 500, so you get both when you buy VOO or a similar low cost index fund mimicking the S&P 500.

As a young man, I dealt with Vanguard. When I left I never looked back. The list of "Fund Managers" I dealt with is long.
Between the fees and taxes taken off the top it became obvious I was buying a lot of blue sky.

It is so hard to take a conversation seriously where one of the interested parties is a big fat cock.

As a young man, I dealt with Vanguard. When I left I never looked back. The list of "Fund Managers" I dealt with is long.
Between the fees and taxes taken off the top it became obvious I was buying a lot of blue sky.
VOO has an expense ratio of 0.03%, so . . . that is almost negligible. Not a lot of fees taken off the top. As for taxes, well, that is the government, not Vanguard, and you have to pay taxes when you have income, so . . . better to have income and pay taxes than not.
It is so hard to take a conversation seriously where one of the interested parties is a big fat cock.
LOL, Yeah, I did not know how else to type it out, so I just typed it out.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton