• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Maggie’s The Woodchuck and Firewood Hoarders Thread

Leak what and where?
Fuel and oil. I haven't actually checked where exactly. I bought (2) new saws 2 years ago and (1) last year. One of the (2) saws started leaking last year and I ignored it. The one I bought last year just started leaking this year. Makes me think of the deal when a manufacturer uses an incompatible, or inferior o-ring. Either that or the few times I mixed fuel using the stuff with ethanol in it. Which was very seldom.

I just wondered if I asked that someone would have seen it so much they'd know without even having to think about it.

Fuel and oil. I haven't actually checked where exactly. I bought (2) new saws 2 years ago and (1) last year. One of the (2) saws started leaking last year and I ignored it. The one I bought last year just started leaking this year. Makes me think of the deal when a manufacturer uses an incompatible, or inferior o-ring. Either that or the few times I mixed fuel using the stuff with ethanol in it. Which was very seldom.

I just wondered if I asked that someone would have seen it so much they'd know without even having to think about it.
They all leak bar oil. I put them away dry usually but always on a sheet of cardboard because I know there will be a puddle of oil underneath. They should not leak fuel. Did you spill when you filled it and not wipe it down?

Did they do something to the newer Stihl's? All of mine leak.
You really have to pay attention to keeping the o-rings clean and especially the area where the o-ring touches the sides. Check it each time you put the caps on. My oil cap was leaking so I took it into the dealer. He cleaned off some tiny amount of debris, where I described above, and it stopped leaking. It’s been a couple years and it has not leaked a drop since I started checking that each time.

I’ve never leaked fuel. I’d be more concerned with that…