• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

This made my stomach churn...

Maggot

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood"
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Deputy goes to the house at midnight, rings bell, shines light on homeowner INSIDE HIS OWN HOME, shoots him through the window, then lies about it. Skip to 5:30 in the video. A dime will get you a dollar they find it a justified shoot and no penalty for the officer. I guess now you dont have the right to be your home with a gun.

That is fucked up. Ive seen so many videos where I'm thinking why hasn't the cop shot that motherfucker yet. Then there is this video where I'm thinking WTF is he doing shooting into a house through a skinny little window where he cannot be sure of his target. My first thought when I looked in and saw the guy, wasn't burglar. Not saying a burglar couldn't be in shorts and a button up but.... A step or two to the side would have taken him out of the line of fire, then you see videos of people pointing guns and cops backing up for 2 blocks.

As the homeowner, I'd like to think I would have retreated to the top of the steps when I saw someone outside and taken a defensive position, but maybe not.

Its so fucking disheartening. I'm a LEO supporter, they have a super tough job, but goddamn this is crazy. In this case I hope they sue their ass and win.

Interested to hear from other LEO's here and how they feel. Good shoot, or bad.

That cop is a poorly trained moron that should be tossed into jail. The homeowner might not have been able to see that the person was a cop with the flashlight shining in his face. All the cop had to do was move to his left and he would have been out of the line of fire. The homeowner HAD EVERY RIGHT to point a gun in the direction of the cop. It didn't sound like the cop identified himself before he started shooting, did he?

A revolver was “recovered?”
    Why did they take the home owner’s gun?
    Bad shoot if you ask me. The cop car’s lights should have been flashing so the homeowner could tell something was up more than some dude creeping around his house at midnight with a flash light.

Like the girl shot on the highway in CA a few weeks ago the audio doesn’t start for 30 seconds. Wtf? Who designs a camera like that? Who buys a camera that works that way?

Horrible story.

Guy is in his locked house and gets shot 4 times.

Looks like the police changed the story at least once. Original posting said the cop fired after the homeowner opened the door and pointed the gun.

That is fucked up. Ive seen so many videos where I'm thinking why hasn't the cop shot that motherfucker yet. Then there is this video where I'm thinking WTF is he doing shooting into a house through a skinny little window where he cannot be sure of his target. My first thought when I looked in and saw the guy, wasn't burglar. Not saying a burglar couldn't be in shorts and a button up but.... A step or two to the side would have taken him out of the line of fire, then you see videos of people pointing guns and cops backing up for 2 blocks.

As the homeowner, I'd like to think I would have retreated to the top of the steps when I saw someone outside and taken a defensive position, but maybe not.

Its so fucking disheartening. I'm a LEO supporter, they have a super tough job, but goddamn this is crazy. In this case I hope they sue their ass and win.

Interested to hear from other LEO's here and how they feel. Good shoot, or bad.

Agreed. So many cases I would have cut loose way before the cops did, like the one a couple weeks ago where the cop retreated a long ways from a guy with the knife. This one however is just wrong.

Like you said, I support the rule of law and the guys who are enforcing it but something needs to change.

That is a travesty and the fat fucking piece of shit Chief in Houston should be dragged through the streets and made to answer to the families of the people assassinated by the cops.

Houston chief of Police Art Acevedo is a POS. I remember him when he was chief in Austin and did the same kind of crap. No accountability.

A revolver was “recovered?”
    Why did they take the home owner’s gun?
    Bad shoot if you ask me. The cop car’s lights should have been flashing so the homeowner could tell something was up more than some dude creeping around his house at midnight with a flash light.

Like the girl shot on the highway in CA a few weeks ago the audio doesn’t start for 30 seconds. Wtf? Who designs a camera like that? Who buys a camera that works that way?
    The camera is capturing the video 30 seconds BEFORE it is activated.

Another win for the cops....ima in fear for my life, home owner be damed. Why do I feel like every home owner should be acting like a ninja wearing plate armor with a full kit ? We as citizens have do defense against an intruder or the popo showing up and just shooting everyone. We are not held in any respect by leo's. The mentality of "if you have a gun your a bad guy" doesn't hold up.

The camera should have been activated as soon as he opened his car door. It also appears there is no forced entry into the home as he circles the house and the lights are on. I vote for the darwin award for the cop, he has no common sense.

The camera is capturing the video 30 seconds BEFORE it is activated.
    It’s going back in time to grab 30 seconds? No. It has to be continuously recording only video in 30 second increments and deleting when nothing happens to save space.
    Why not record audio too, since cops apparently don’t activate their cameras until after shit goes down?

I agree it should have been on when he got out of his car. My car knows when my keyfob leaves the car. His could know when his camera does.

Do not ever..never... fucking ever. Hsve contact with the police for any reason. Dont allow them on your property dont wave..dont say hello.. dont smile at them or give them the idea you want to engage them.

Nothing good comes out of having contact with the police.

I use to be a little skeptical about this advice but it is sounding better and better every day.

There is only one way to fix this and that is to start holding LEO personally responsible for their "holier than though" fuck ups.

No longer should taxpayers be doling out millions of dollars because Barney Fife shot and killed an innocent civilian.

Make an example out of this low life, parisitic piece of shit.

Until then, we are all fucked.

It’s going back in time to grab 30 seconds? No. It has to be continuously recording only video in 30 second increments and deleting when nothing happens to save space.
    Why not record audio too, since cops apparently don’t activate their cameras until after shit goes down?

I agree it should have been on when he got out of his car. My car knows when my keyfob leaves the car. His could know when his camera does.
    Apparently, you fail to comprehend what I wrote.
    Please point out where I said the camera is "going back in time".
    I said it was capturing the video 30 seconds before it is activated, so yes, it continuously buffers 30 seconds of video.
    I don't know why the audio isn't buffered as well.
    Since you are so interested, why don't you call or write Axion/Taser and ask them?
    He should have activated as soon as he got out of the car, but guess what. Cops are human and forget.
    If it activated EVERY time an officer leaves the car, then we would have hours of recordings of bathroom breaks, stopping for coffee etc...
    I know they are either working on, or have it available so the camera starts as soon as the overhead lights are activated.
    Would not have helped in this case.

On the face of it, I would say its a bad shoot but there are a lot of missing pieces before I would say its a jailable offense. These are the missing pieces that can alter the LEO response. Why was the alarm company not making contact with the homeonwer if he was home? Were there any previous calls of burglary or prowlers in that area recently?

Legally speaking, as with every law on the books, there are very specific legal hurdles that have to be met before a charge can be leveled. The prosecutor reviews cases. If he feels those hurdles are met, it goes to court for a jury to weigh and decide. That's true in this case as well as all others.

As for an officer's statement changing, stress and physiological changes due to that stress have shown that initial statements can differ. Most departments wont get a full statement for at least 24 hours afterwards. While the public (and a lot of guys here) assume that is an effort to lie and hide criminal behavior, that may not be the case.

These are why I always say to let investigators do their jobs. If this is found to be a bad shoot, fuck him. But don't jump to conclusions based off of media accounts or details the PD release.

As to the camera, mine for example has a 5 second period where there is no audio when going from "stand-by" to actively recording.

As for an officer's statement changing, stress and physiological changes due to that stress have shown that initial statements can differ. Most departments wont get a full statement for at least 24 hours afterwards. While the public (and a lot of guys here) assume that is an effort to lie and hide criminal behavior, that may not be the case.

Turn that around and make it a citizen changing minor, unimportant details during two subsequent interviews and now he's getting charged with lying to law enforcement.

Awesome

Turn that around and make it a citizen changing minor, unimportant details during two subsequent interviews and now he's getting charged with lying to law enforcement.

Awesome

I wouldn't disagree with your comment. That's where investigators (or jurys) have to figure out if its a lie at an attempt to hide facts or actual changes due to what the brain remembers under stress.

Do not ever..never... fucking ever. Hsve contact with the police for any reason. Dont allow them on your property dont wave..dont say hello.. dont smile at them or give them the idea you want to engage them.

Nothing good comes out of having contact with the police.

I have to at least in part disagree with this. I live in the county and know several of the local sheriff's deputies and they are pretty decent guys.

But generally you're correct.

Apparently, you fail to comprehend what I wrote.
    Please point out where I said the camera is "going back in time".
    I said it was capturing the video 30 seconds before it is activated, so yes, it continuously buffers 30 seconds of video.
    I don't know why the audio isn't buffered as well.
    Since you are so interested, why don't you call or write Axion/Taser and ask them?
    He should have activated as soon as he got out of the car, but guess what. Cops are human and forget.
    If it activated EVERY time an officer leaves the car, then we would have hours of recordings of bathroom breaks, stopping for coffee etc...
    I know they are either working on, or have it available so the camera starts as soon as the overhead lights are activated.
    Would not have helped in this case.

Your statement, and the statement of the police, is an oxymoron.
    How can it be “capturing” and “not activated?”
    It is always partially activated. I suspect having no audio is to give the officers a sense of privacy. Possibly also a cost saving design compromise.

I’m arguing the activation policy should be reversed.
    It should auto-activate when he gets out, unless he puts it in off-duty mode while he’s in the bathroom, or at lunch.
    Storage space is dirt cheap these days, and only getting cheaper.
    Better to have him forgetting to turn it off and recording lunch than missing the details of an incident.

There are issues recording them when off duty though. Perhaps buffering audio/video at all times is the best compromise.

I wouldn't disagree with your comment. That's where investigators (or jurys) have to figure out if its a lie at an attempt to hide facts or actual changes due to what the brain remembers under stress.

Making that a trialable detail is messy. It would be better to have a policy of not interviewing civilians any sooner than police.

Reactions: Blutroop
    Even if it was a good shoot that had unexpected consequences, why is it that the shooter does not get to own responsibility for where the bullets go?

Reactions: Dpp
    On the face of it, I would say its a bad shoot but there are a lot of missing pieces before I would say its a jailable offense. These are the missing pieces that can alter the LEO response. Why was the alarm company not making contact with the homeonwer if he was home? Were there any previous calls of burglary or prowlers in that area recently?

Legally speaking, as with every law on the books, there are very specific legal hurdles that have to be met before a charge can be leveled. The prosecutor reviews cases. If he feels those hurdles are met, it goes to court for a jury to weigh and decide. That's true in this case as well as all others.

These are why I always say to let investigators do their jobs. If this is found to be a bad shoot, fuck him. But don't jump to conclusions based off of media accounts or details the PD release.

As to the camera, mine for example has a 5 second period where there is no audio when going from "stand-by" to actively recording.

Slash, I respect your postings here, always balanced and reasonable. Unfortunately I see in too many cases the investigators 'holding the thin blue line' and giving what I as a citizen consider, and granted without my ass on the line, far too much leeway, sometimes just out and out cover ups. Justice is supposed to be blind.

It is always partially activated. I suspect having no audio is to give the officers a sense of privacy. Possibly also a cost saving design compromise.

It should auto-activate when he gets out, unless he puts it in off-duty mode while he’s in the bathroom, or at lunch.
    Better to have him forgetting to turn it off and recording lunch than missing the details of an incident.

There are issues recording them when off duty though. Perhaps buffering audio/video at all times is the best compromise.

2.3gb/hr. Storage is a couple cents a year per gig.

Reactions: rangerlong
    What about privatization of police departments?

Take a small town, hires a private force to uphold law, document disputes and gather evidence from both sides to submit to the local judge for trials, etc...

Gov (police)regulating and up holding the law from the government kind of seems like a conflict of interest. That’s like McDonald’s regulating and upholding the rules for fast food restaurants. Needs private citizens checks and balances.

Oh wait never mind, that would do away with the governments strong arm whacking citizens behind the knees with a billy club and making them kiss the ring..

So all I have to do to evade justice is pay more? Deal.

Reactions: Dpp
    2.3gb/hr. Storage is a couple cents a year per gig.

Storage for these is much more expensive than that. I don't have an exact figure but our department recently moved to a new building. The storage for these has to be secure (after all, this is evidence) That was a big issue when they were building things. Then add in each officer having recordings, every day, and there are policies on how many years ALL videos must be kept, its a massive amount of storage.

Reactions: rangerlong
    But don't jump to conclusions based off of media accounts or details the PD release.

He's slinging high speed projectiles haphazardly into the house without any info on who or what is in the flight path. As a cop in the US should one not expect to find armed home owners inside their houses in the middle of the night?

Its fortunate for everyone involved he didn't hit grandma hiding on the other side of the corner leading to entryway while she was looking out for her husband.

The storage is not cheap, as this is done through a vendor.
    We are talking hundreds of tera-bytes in a short time. Our video is all at HD, a 15 minute video won't fit on a DVD.
    As I said, the video is buffering, you can play semantics all day long.
    It all has to be backed up regularly, which takes up room as well.
    How about calling your local PD and volunteering to pay for five years of the contract with Axion?
    You guys are harping on the video, the video is what it is. The question should be, is there a criminal offense here?
    That can't be answered with video alone.
    There is much more to the investigation then just looking at video.
    This investigation should be conducted by the State Bureau in regards to the homicide AND the DOJ as a possible civil rights violation.

Somebody just got rich off the police department. Rang doorbell and walked off, creeping around the house, peeking in windows and trying the doors in the middle of the night. Then blinds homeowner with flashlight and starts shooting. Homeowner is legally entitled to own a gun and still inside his locked home, cop has yet to identify himself. Cop only identifies himself after attempting to murder the homeowner.

Of course shooting is justified because cop feels threatened and home owner is white, thus no one cares. If homeowner was black, CNN and AL Sharpton would be camped in his living room. But he is a dirty honky with no home alarm so the pretext for the call is total crap as well, cop was probably just prowling for stuff to steal.

The storage is not cheap, as this is done through a vendor.
    We are talking hundreds of tera-bytes in a short time. Our video is all at HD, a 15 minute video won't fit on a DVD.
    As I said, the video is buffering, you can play semantics all day long.
    It all has to be backed up regularly, which takes up room as well.
    How about calling your local PD and volunteering to pay for five years of the contract with Axion?
    You guys are harping on the video, the video is what it is. The question should be, is there a criminal offense here?
    That can't be answered with video alone.
    There is much more to the investigation then just looking at video.
    This investigation should be conducted by the State Bureau in regards to the homicide AND the DOJ as a possible civil rights violation.
    I’m already paying for whatever contract my local PD has.

What homicide? The guy is at home recovering...

Good guys with guns might consider buying grandpa a set of IR enhanced security cameras for the house and a helmet mounted PVS14 with express instructions to keep the interior lights off when things go bump in the night.

I'm kidding about the collection.

Not about instruction to keep the interior lights off.

It would be better to have a policy of not interviewing civilians any sooner than police.

"I will gladly answer questions through my attorney". Keep that on repeat until your attorney gets there.

Problem is too many people are too deferential towards authority and forget their rights or are too afraid to enforce them

The homeowner might not have been able to see that the person was a cop with the flashlight shining in his face.

That is one thing that REALLY angers me about these stupid police murdering law abiding citizens.
    You shine a super bright light in someone's eyes and 1 or 20 people start screaming all at once.

How about we take some police and wake them up at night in their homes and do the same to them with no clue if it's the local MS13 or Antifa or a disgruntled person or the feds, do the same and see how long they last with a bunch of trigger happy idiots with no concern for consequences trying to find any excuse to kill them and then killing them anyways when they can't find one.

I guess just train if you see a light being shone at your face, start firing in a pattern and don't stop till the light is out or you are out.
    Maybe then somebody will learn how to properly announce who they are so somebody just waking up from a deep sleep can understand who they are.

But he is a dirty honky with no home alarm so the pretext for the call is total crap as well

That's actually why I don't have a home alarm.
    There was this local case awhile back when I was considering getting one that the police showed up to an alarm (which I think turned out to be a malfunction etc.) and shot the homeowner dead through the closed front door as the homeowner was checking to see what was going on in the house.

Reactions: gigamortis
    I find it very interesting that police are interrogated differently than the evil public.

The same tactics don't seem to apply.
    Isolate all involved, make demands of repetitive statements trying to rattle the people into tripping up and putting words in their mouth , using trigger phrases to piss them off trying to elicit a preconceived response, etc..
    Then getting away with my favorite, if they don't get thier way they add uncooperative and combative to the report.

Yes, I missed some been a while.

Have you ever practiced this, ?

I find it very interesting that police are interrogated differently than the evil public.

The same tactics don't seem to apply.
    Isolate all involved, make demands of repetitive statements trying to rattle the people into tripping up and putting words in their mouth , using trigger phrases to piss them off trying to elicit a preconceived response, etc..
    Then getting away with my favorite, if they don't get thier way they add uncooperative and combative to the report.

Yes, I missed some been a while.

Have you ever practiced this, ?
    Of course you seperate them, it prevents them from coming up with a story together.
    How many interview and interrogation classes have you been to?
    I've been to several, and NONE of them teach the tactics you just described.
    Oh, and by the way, it takes far longer than 15 minutes to get DNA results, more like 12 to 14 months, just sayin'.
    You watch and believe WAY too much TV.

Reactions: Slash0311
    @fdkay
    I have family in le, been there there while studying the books , and practice for tests, volunteering for sobriety testing for thier class at school ect.

I have also been interrogated many times by le, military, and natoinal security functions over the years .

My point is le gets to circumvent those standard practices for themselves.

You deny this?

And what is the rant about DNA testing have to do with my post?

You called me out.

I did not make it personal.

I think anyone mistakenly precived of a crime that has been questioned on the scene can relate to what I said.

Have a nice day officer.

@fdkay
    I have family in le, been there there while studying the books , and practice for tests, volunteering for sobriety testing for thier class at school ect.

I have also been interrogated many times by le, military, and natoinal security functions over the years .

My point is le gets to circumvent those standard practices for themselves.

You deny this?

And what is the rant about DNA testing have to do with my post?

You called me out.

I did not make it personal.

I think anyone mistakenly precived of a crime that has been questioned on the scene can relate to what I said.

Have a nice day officer.
    my cousins, friends, sisters best friends, uncle is a cop, so I know how it's done!

have you ever been the subject of an internal affairs investigation?

The point, which most folks could grasp, in regards to the DNA, is that the shit you see on TV isn't real.

This does shine the light on using animals as your first defense. 6’ tall privacy fence 360 degrees around your house and keep two mean ass dogs running around 24/7. You know the kind that like you but no one else...

Let them start barking and in attack mode when someone is trying to get in the perimeter then they catch the bullet first, this will give you time to get up to speed on the situation outside.

It will also keep unwanted trespassers away from your house, cops, neighbors knocking on your door to complain about how large your American flag is, County officials trying to cite you for flying such a large American flag, “neighborhood watch” candy asses saying your giant American flag poses a safety treat...

Careful now, some will claim that is useless advice and that you have no idea what your talking about and then claim you work at basspro or something.

You just can't seen to
    A cut it loose
    B answer a question
    C grasp the fact that anyone but you has a viable opinion.

3 different le schools for an insight.

So let's see if you can answer the two
    Questions.
    Have you ever practiced any of those interrogation techniques?

And why did you add anything to do with DNA?

TV has no bearing on my view of this matter.

And just for fun drank before and during the sobriety testing class.

Was way over the limit and passed every thing except the eye test ? Stasis?

I’m not a police office, but isn’t pointing a firearm at someone without and immeadiate threat to life felony assault?

...and the officer didn’t have a weapon out initially.

I’m not sure the homeowner knew what his responsibilities are.

You just can't seen to
    A cut it loose
    B answer a question Did, at least twice so far.
    C grasp the fact that anyone but you has a viable opinion.

3 different le schools for an insight.

So let's see if you can answer the two
    Questions.
    Have you ever practiced any of those interrogation techniques?
    Yes

And why did you add anything to do with DNA?

Because people believe what they see on TV, including interrogation procedures. The DNA was an example.

TV has no bearing on my view of this matter.

And just for fun drank before and during the sobriety testing class.

Was way over the limit and passed every thing except the eye test ? Stasis?

Nystagmus. Always the primary indicator. Functioning alcoholics (and others) can frequently pass the 9 step walk and turn and leg raise.
    They can not control the nystagmus.

Reactions: Snuby642
    Thank you for you're reply.

And clairifing the nystagmus on the eye test, not sure where I got stasis from?

My son is not a random family member, we are close .
    La and then TX posts, ? T Close and cpo, I think it's called.

Due to security clearances since 1977 and working on some government items I had security investigations and interrogations more than many would believe . The truth is your friend.

I support the good cops and hold the incompetent with low regard.