• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Maggie’s What are you drinking right now!?

My step-grandfather had a holiday season drink.

1 part Southern Comfort
2 parts sloe gin
2 parts sweet vermouth

Mix with egg nogg. I was 18 at the time. I had two and slept at their house that night.

Another recipe I had found for a mixed drink with scotch whiskey. (I have only done this with blended, not single malt.)

Bannockburn
Using a shaker cup, fill with ice.
2 shaker caps of scotch.
A dash of ground black pepper
A dash of worcestershire sauce
fill the rest with tomato juice (I would use low sodium vegetable juice.)
Shake and pour it all into a tumbler.

Even though the name is Bannockburn, I thought the recipe was familiar. So, my name for it is:
Bloody Mary, Queen of the Scots.

Yes, I thought I was very clever.

In a pinch substitute the glass for the bottle
We were drinking a bottle of Caymus my buddy opened in the back of a cab one time and he says “you know what’s the best thing about drinking Caymus from the bottle?”

“It’s still Caymus”
He wasn’t wrong.

Happy Memorial Day!!

Off to a good start.

1716593256079.jpeg

Apple pie - a mixture of raw apple juice, spices, and everclear/alcahol of some form.

A contest of who can make the best tasting blend at Rendezvoux. Unfortunately my home brew didn’t win. Maybe next year.

Turkey was cool today but no special release. Had a couple pours or Russell’s 13 and they never disappoint
I grabbed a 101 and a R10 to get Jimmy’s autograph. My buddy grabbed the single barrel Rye. It’s tasty and I’ve never seen it locally in Louisiana

Reactions: Labanaktis
Looks like you had a successful Kentucky run! I saw zero Weller products on a shelf, but we didn’t go to Buffalo Trace cus we didn’t have enough time nor a reservation for a tour

Reactions: Labanaktis
Looks like you had a successful Kentucky run! I saw zero Weller products on a shelf, but we didn’t go to Buffalo Trace cus we didn’t have enough time nor a reservation for a tour
It was hit or miss. 107s were $110ish, Full Proof $180ish, STAGG $180ish, Michters Barrel Strength Bourbon $200ish. Had to buy in bulk to get a deal. Bought 2 cases of Willett 4yr Rye so that helped.

In Michigan I have seen 107s $150/$175, Full Proof $275/$300, STAGG $300 and up, NEVER see Michters Barrel Strength Bourbon…

The prices are coming down, people are starting to get a few and the demand is tilted ever so slightly down. You still hear people pissing and moaning about prices. I’d rather pay a little more and enjoy with friends then be that wine ass crying about it every day.

I always recommend going to Buffalo Trace, you won’t get that super allocation but the distillery is open to walk around and you can even trail a tour going on if you want to. Plenty to see and do there.

I enjoyed Willett’s tour, Jim Beam is always great with the tasting bar and restaurant that has a real chief… plus they always have drops, Bardstown Bourbon Co tour was good, they have a great (expensive) tasting bar and the food is great to.

Bardstown is always fun, TODDYS Liquor and Evergreen Liquor are must stops. The Colton’s Steakhouse is solid and Mammys is a hit. Mammys bar is great too. Probably the best place to check for Pours. Old Talbots Tavern has a lot of bottles available for Pours to. The food has been hit and miss for me.

Last edited: