• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6x47 Lapua, 115 dtac's in a 1-8?

BJames

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Jan 20, 2014
Alaska
Pretty much what the title says. Looking for info, more so if they'd stay stable out to 1k, but also curious if Varget's been used with these or if it's pretty much something slower like 4451? I'm using a 26" bartlein, suppressed, chambered by PVA, average DA's I shoot in are between -2000 to +2500, with the grand majority at 1000 (yeah, that's a negative 2000, I've shot as low as -3300 but that really sucks and exceeds my threshold of fun at those temps). I've been running 105 amax's & varget for the past 500 rounds, but they're gone and I'm still new to the 6mm cases.

Thanks

They should work down to 0 density altitude. I shoot them at 3050 fps out of a 1:8 Criterion chambered in 243 AI. The only time I have had issues with stability the station pressure was 29.5" of Hg and it was 10*F. I'm not sure what the DA is for those conditions, but I know it is negative. In normal + DA conditions they shoot very, very well.

Sweet, thanks. Just when I thought I was trying to do the impossible... How far have you taken them? 95% of my shooting is 1k and in, with the other 5% out to 1400. I’m wondering what they’ll do when they start slowing down that far.

I've never taken them into transonic. Other than a few shots at rocks, 800 is the furthest I've shot groups with them. I'm not the world's greatest shooter, but I shot several groups under .5 moa with them at 800 with a fairly stout wind in the final phases of load development. I'm pretty sure the ones that weren't under half moa were my fault as 4 of the shots would be sub half moa with one of the five going out of the group.

I would say they’re stabilized out to 800 at least. Sounds like it works fine, thanks for your response