• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Because you won’t learn, now both sides will be removed

So a guy was selling a keg of powder. It happens.

Gallery kicked in comments about shipping restrictions.
Really none of anyone's business other than the buyer and the seller.
It's almost as if we've got a rule about that even. Weird, right?

So I cleaned the thread and issued some 7 day bans.

Here's why, beyond the fact that it's my job, I mean...

1. Oh look, there actually IS a rule about making irrelevant comments on PX threads. Who knew?!

2. Setting the thread on fire with comments and reports about comments means that the site ownership and staff have now been made aware of some details that could come into play in negative ways later, should someone's shipment of let's say "Baby Powder" get flagged and investigated.

So the bans lasted less than overnight, and I come back the next morning and I'm getting PMs from the same shitheads that I banned for a week just a few hours previous.
What I didn't see was a PM from any other staff member asking me about why I banned them, or even a heads up saying, "Hey, I unbanned these shitheads because..."

So the rules don't apply to when you pay to play. Good to know.

There's more, but that was the straw that put it over capacity for me.

So I am enjoying some downtime.
Getting things done elsewhere.
And a friend gave me a beach house for a nice long weekend.
Stuff like that makes you really appreciate true friends.

Let's give it another week...

Understandable...............

1. Oh look, there actually IS a rule about making irrelevant comments on PX threads. Who knew?!

2. Setting the thread on fire with comments and reports about comments means that the site ownership and staff have now been made aware of some details that could come into play in negative ways later, should someone's shipment of let's say "Baby Powder" get flagged and investigated.

So the bans lasted less than overnight, and I come back the next morning and I'm getting PMs from the same shitheads that I banned for a week just a few hours previous.
What I didn't see was a PM from any other staff member asking me about why I banned them, or even a heads up saying, "Hey, I unbanned these shitheads because..."

Its a thankless job. Did it for awhile in the EE at ar15 until i was permabanned for making a harmless comment (it actually was) .
Spend many hours on the phone trying to get two stubborn people to act like adults was tiring. Enjoy your vacation away...

You guys laugh,

But the .Gov guys are on this site like I said several times already,

Some of them are actually working so when they see stuff like guys saying they will ship powder which is illegal, I will get a call for IP address. Stopping before it reaches that point is not a bad thing.

The fact people were saying this in the FS post I don't see as thread crapping because they are right. I don't recall unbanning people in this case, but if someone said they're banned for pointing it to me and I read, I would have unbanned them for sure. But there is a bit of grey in how the rules are written.

There were a couple of suggestions that our rules state a couple of different things, they also state to follow all applicable laws, the question is really how do you go about pointing out these facts. One rule says to contact a mod first, but people don't always read the rules and the bigger violation to me was the sale of powder without how it will reach the buyer. It can get intercepted in transit and the buyer will be SOL after the guy who sent it gets in trouble.

The report button is the first line, but I get it when people are saying You can't do that within the post itself

There are areas of explanation I need to fix, and clarify, but overall, these issues usually get settled pretty fast.

We ban more today than ever before, but that is a numbers thing, to say we only banned a few people when we 2500 people here is one thing, to say we are banning 3 a day but now we have 100k here is not that big a deal.

There are always conflicts, we reject Proxy accounts every single day, many of these are just professional people using a VPN, and you can see that in our system but we blanket reject unless they contact us. I get hate mail and many confused emails every hour asking why their account was rejected, I ban accounts from India, Pakistan, Russia, etc, all it takes is an account with one of these IP addresses and it's gone. This is all to protect the members.

We call a lot of balls and strikes and not every call is accurate, sometimes I just don't like the email, or username is chosen and will reject an account. Other times it's just questionable enough to okay it on the fly. It's not science, it's gambling.

Same thing now people are starting to bring the Bear Pit and Maggies' grab assin into other posts and that is not gonna fly. Keep shitting up threads in the information section with ridiculous posts and more people will get banned. It's not a free for all, we allow you specific places to troll, once the trolling starts to spill over, guys will get butthurt with their days off

At least take some good pictures for when you get back to post in Whats Your View. There are those of us that miss you from there.

Good on you for getting your head right.

Rest is a good thing
Enjoy

You guys laugh,

But the .Gov guys are on this site like I said several times already,

Some of them are actually working so when they see stuff like guys saying they will ship powder which is illegal, I will get a call for IP address. Stopping before it reaches that point is not a bad thing.

The fact people were saying this in the FS post I don't see as thread crapping because they are right. I don't recall unbanning people in this case, but if someone said they're banned for pointing it to me and I read, I would have unbanned them for sure. But there is a bit of grey in how the rules are written.

There were a couple of suggestions that our rules state a couple of different things, they also state to follow all applicable laws, the question is really how do you go about pointing out these facts. One rule says to contact a mod first, but people don't always read the rules and the bigger violation to me was the sale of powder without how it will reach the buyer. It can get intercepted in transit and the buyer will be SOL after the guy who sent it gets in trouble.

The report button is the first line, but I get it when people are saying You can't do that within the post itself

There are areas of explanation I need to fix, and clarify, but overall, these issues usually get settled pretty fast.

We ban more today than ever before, but that is a numbers thing, to say we only banned a few people when we 2500 people here is one thing, to say we are banning 3 a day but now we have 100k here is not that big a deal.

There are always conflicts, we reject Proxy accounts every single day, many of these are just professional people using a VPN, and you can see that in our system but we blanket reject unless they contact us. I get hate mail and many confused emails every hour asking why their account was rejected, I ban accounts from India, Pakistan, Russia, etc, all it takes is an account with one of these IP addresses and it's gone. This is all to protect the members.

We call a lot of balls and strikes and not every call is accurate, sometimes I just don't like the email, or username is chosen and will reject an account. Other times it's just questionable enough to okay it on the fly. It's not science, it's gambling.

Same thing now people are starting to bring the Bear Pit and Maggies' grab assin into other posts and that is not gonna fly. Keep shitting up threads in the information section with ridiculous posts and more people will get banned. It's not a free for all, we allow you specific places to troll, once the trolling starts to spill over, guys will get butthurt with their days off
Them Gov folks get VERY bent about black powder.
A lot of people don't know the difference between smokeless and Black powders.
This place went from a hobby to a flat out 60 hour work week.

So he's not hocking barbecue with AJ any more? Their white sauce was the bomb......

Reactions: Ravenworks
So they ran to the teacher and tattled on each other? LOL

They hopefully learned two valuable life lessons. Snitches get stitches, or in this case a ban, and never invite the man into your life.

6a3ec84da4c93f76e5d2a324a7577ef2.gif

Reactions: Ravenworks
Maybe people shouldn’t lean on the hide to help fight their battles, keep pissing off frank and we are all fucked.

Reactions: camocorvette