• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Bushnell Elite Tactical scopes over the years.

lwnemesis

Private
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2011
Seattle, WA
Hi folks,

I am trying to establish a timeline of sorts on the Bushnell Elite line of scopes starting with the original DMR in 3.5-21x50mm. Here is what I got so far.

Original DMR came out a long time ago. I want to say sometime around 2011-2012. Then came the HDMR then the ERS and the XRS in 2013. The ERS was the same scope as the DMR but with 10mil turrets and Zero stop. The XRS was a 4.5-30x50mm with same features as the ERS. Followed by the DRM II and XRS II sometime around 2016-2017. The turrets went low profile but I think the glass stayed the same as the original DMR. Then came the DMR II Pro but I don't know the exact year so I guess 2020. It had better glass than DMR/DMRII. And now the current gen is DMR 3 and XRS 3. I'm assuming they have better glass than the Pro but could be the same.

There were also the 44mm scope options but I don't have a good handle on what those models were. I know there was an LRS, LRHS, LRTS and an LRH2 and a couple of others but I don't know what came out and when. I still have an Bushnell Elite 3-12x44 which came out after the 4200 but before the LR* series.

Do I have that correct? If some one could chime in and fill the gaps I would appreciate it. The reason I am compiling this info is I am thinking of getting a used Bushnell Elite and when one pops up I start doing research on what it is.

I honestly don’t have a handle on the timeline of everything, but I do know the original Elite Tactical models were solid optics (I’m still running three of them: two 6-24x50 w/ G2DMR reticles, and one 3-12x44 with a mildot). Sure, from a features standpoint they’re ancient, but the glass is decent enough for most casual uses, and most importantly they track well, return to zero, and you can literally blow them up and they’ll still work (you can still find videos of Frank blowing one up and throwing it against a fence post several times).

I’ve always been a fan of the Bushy ET series, hopefully with all the changes going on over there they still keep them around!

I was not including the 3200, 4200 or the 6500 as I was starting with the DMR series and newer. I am also excluding the Bushnell Elite LPVO options like the SMRS.

Last edited: