• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Has G changed DDC

Losers worry about the variations of color, Winners go home and fuck the Prom Queen.

Alot of fucking losers in this thread.

I am sure the thousands of shitheads with a canoe in their forehead last thought was damn, that SCAR or URGI doesn't match........
Why so sensitive? How come it eats you alive that some dude you don’t know says something bad about something you like? I’ve got my favorite stuff too but I’m not gonna go cut myself if somebody poo poos it. If the quality and value speak for themselves, who do they require such a vigorous defense?

Sounds really like what’s being argued are two different applications for the platform that are apples to oranges. Kind of like which is better, a hammer or a scalpel? The answer is, depends on whether you’re taking out an appendix or cracking a coconut. I don’t see the sense of the argument there.

The big thing to me is customer service and where loyalties lie with a company. Build a tank, build a Porsche, whatever, but take care of the customer. If geisselle is totally neglecting that, then they deserve to fail. I realize contracts are there the money is made, but in my mind, a industry that revolves around an individual liberty (2A) should be centered on the individual citizen, not the state. That’s of course not to say our military shouldn’t have the best, but not at the neglect of the citizenry. The function of the military is to protect the liberty of the citizenry. That’s why I paid extra for an N-Vision thermal when I could have gotten a better deal on a trijicon at the time. Trijicon could seemingly care less about civilian sales, so my money goes elsewhere.

Losers worry about the variations of color, Winners go home and fuck the Prom Queen.

I am sure the thousands of shitheads with a canoe in their forehead last thought was damn, that SCAR or URGI doesn't match........

Prom queens like 4MOA shit finish rifles?

Losers pay 2k for $500 rifles

Why so sensitive? How come it eats you alive that some dude you don’t know says something bad about something you like? I’ve got my favorite stuff too but I’m not gonna go cut myself if somebody poo poos it. If the quality and value speak for themselves, who do they require such a vigorous defense?

Sounds really like what’s being argued are two different applications for the platform that are apples to oranges. Kind of like which is better, a hammer or a scalpel? The answer is, depends on whether you’re taking out an appendix or cracking a coconut. I don’t see the sense of the argument there.

The big thing to me is customer service and where loyalties lie with a company. Build a tank, build a Porsche, whatever, but take care of the customer. If geisselle is totally neglecting that, then they deserve to fail. I realize contracts are there the money is made, but in my mind, a industry that revolves around an individual liberty (2A) should be centered on the individual citizen, not the state. That’s of course not to say our military shouldn’t have the best, but not at the neglect of the citizenry. The function of the military is to protect the liberty of the citizenry. That’s why I paid extra for an N-Vision thermal when I could have gotten a better deal on a trijicon at the time. Trijicon could seemingly care less about civilian sales, so my money goes elsewhere.

Another reading comprehension fail. More word soup without making a salient point.

Don't worry, they don't market to people like you. You aren't a customer they would want.

Reactions: 308pirate
You people do realize you are talking about a tool designed for killing people...right?

It's not designed to match your purse

Christ some of you OCD fuckers would have a heart attack if you saw how many different camo patterns my ar is right now.

If you are that concerned about colors, buy literally any rifle, because it doesn't need to function if all it's doing is looking good in your safe.
Its like talking to autists who can't understand whats important and whats not.

They are talkers. Not shooters.

30951365.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: rpoL98
So real talk, why it such a concern that the colors don’t match? I don’t get it. Lots of “Premium” rifles don’t color match perfect like the Scar, Q Honey Badger etc. The finish is more durable than a matching cerakote would be.
As several said it's a desired effect, HK was perhaps the worst to my eyes with that baby poo RAL, horrible color IMO but that's mine as many people love it because it's HK. I like the SCAR and the G DD very much. but as to your question, I don't get it either. The solution is to buy a "black" rifle or pistol.

Short bus has done several for me, great guy if you need paint work.

He does the correct colors requested also, if anyone was wondering, lol.
Ahh gotcha. I’ll have to keep him in mind for the next project. I’ve only rattle canned myself. Lol

Reactions: 346ci
I must be the only person that likes the 50 shades of FGE look. I was actually disappointed when I bought an Aero upper, lower, and handguard (separately, not as a set) and they match perfectly. To add insult to injury, the FDE grip I bought is so close it might as well be an exact match too. Ugh. Oh well.

Can we at least agree that G makes really good 2-stage triggers? It is hard to swallow the cost, but it is the price of admission.

Has anyone confirmed that the upper in the OP is, in fact, anodized? To my eye, and it could just be the pic, it looks coated/painted.

Reactions: SmolPP and 346ci
Another reading comprehension fail. More word soup without making a salient point.

Don't worry, they don't market to people like you. You aren't a customer they would want.
You sound like that “Leave Brittney alone!” guy from a while back. Don’t worry, I’d not let your obsession keep me from being a customer. I’d just hope they’d take care of me if I had a problem. That’s all.

1652837038463.png

Why would you waste money on 7000 series aluminum for a non structural part (the lower)?

Stupid

From the standpoint of loads imparted during the normal act of firing, you're right.

From the standpoint of outdated use cases (bayonet drills) plus the stuff that happens when you lend a tool to a stupid person (using it as a prybar or climbing aid or whatever), it probably needs that extra robustness.

With a bit of redesign, I'm sure that it the lower could be made from a lower grade (cast A356 would be an interesting starting point) or polymer (Mitsubishi Reny). But that would require actual engineering and validation and tooling and marketing. It's way easier to use the existing tooling, rely upon what's worked in the past, create some marketing literature with vaguely SOCOMish-looking dudes, and let forum loudmouths do your heavy lifting.

Mine has been dead nuts reliable for close to 3k rounds. I actually like the anodizing but mine matches pretty good. It’s sub moa all day long with quality ammo or hand loads and even shoots shitty ass PPU green tips at 1.5 moa. IMO one of the best AR’s available and well worth the money!

F636486D-D59A-40CE-ACD2-13E7F3D4C545.jpeg
8E577E03-A309-4651-8F29-1C1C8916D018.jpeg

Reactions: Dendro
As several said it's a desired effect, HK was perhaps the worst to my eyes with that baby poo RAL, horrible color IMO but that's mine as many people love it because it's HK. I like the SCAR and the G DD very much. but as to your question, I don't get it either. The solution is to buy a "black" rifle or pistol.
But then some parts are flat black and others are more shiny. Plus midnight black or charcoal?

I have a Geissele and a PSA and they both have a 1:7 twist rate and shoot great even with 55 gr. The PSA is black anodized and the Geissele is ODG anodized with not perceived variations in color on each of them. I friend from work bought a Blemula Geissele in DDC straight off their website. When it arrived it was not brown like older ones but FDE. He bought it a few months ago.

Has anyone bought anything ddc from geissele lately? I just got this G marked upper and aside from the color being more of a magpul fde, it doesn't have the slick/hard finish the ddc lower in the photo has.

Geissle has lost traction in the market place ... They came into the market strong ... then .. Everything they offered for sale was (NIS) Not in Stock or OOS (Out of Stock) .. Two years ago I bought a few of their DDC lowers & uppers & I was not happy. REMEMBER ... Geissele does have a very clear product disclaimer related to their Geissele DDC (Desert Dirt Color) Disclaimer - / I took a chance, was not happy & sold off their DDC products ... However there are 2 of their products that are installed on all of my builds ... Their SCH Super Charging Handle and their Maritime Bolt Catch release ....

I found it's best to have all my parts cerakote together at the same shop, at the same time in the application process. That guarantees the quality color consistency I demand on my builds. It's worth the wait and less stress.

Yes I have bought G upper & lowers in DDC

Yes ... I did not pay attention to the Geisselle product disclaimer related to their Geissele DDC (Desert Dirt Color) Disclaimer

Reactions: 346ci
Yeah i checked the box on the anodizing producing different shades. I attempted to get the point across in my original post that the color isnt whats in question. I'm not sweating the color dif as much as the anodizing quality. The new upper looks like a bad cerakote job. It's a soft finish, a low quality, likely out of spec anodize. The older lower is clearly of higher quality. My older ddc stuff is for sure slightly different shades but the anodizing is solid and consistent in hardness. Again, not really worried about the color difference. Just trying to see if this one is a lemon or has their anodizing just fallen off.

I agree it's way different, to be honest I have never seen a G anodize that "flat" looking. I bought a complete rifle recently OD and it was perfectly finished anodize, slight color difference but I dig it. For sure you got a huge color variation.

You shit in every thread with non material dribble. Does anyone who actually shoots give a flying fuck about the shade of brown or tan?

No.

Same poor non shooters bashing good gear all the time because they can't come to terms with not being able to afford nice gear.
It's not the color I care about, in spec anodizing has a harder finish. I've got several sets of geissele uppers/lowers while all different shades they all have the same consistent hard slick surface. There are plenty of people producing parts with in spec anodizing, if G isnt doing it anymore ill just move on. Does it make you feel more legit with your flying fucks and telling a stranger he doesn't shoot? The whole forum knows you must be a real shooter now. I'm impressed.

There may be some exceptions but guys who put their MOS as part of their username are usually "that guy".
Hey, thanks for your service!

Time to stir the pot again.

I picked up a 10.3" Super Duty complete upper from Geissele a month ago since I had a bunch of 20% off coupons. Then Brownells got the matching stripped lower in stock, so I said what the heck I'll just build it out as Bill intended.

20220626_231536.jpg

20220625_161520.jpg

Finally got time to take it out and do some drills with it yesterday. 350 rounds, with 50% suppressed. The gun is as accurate if not more than my friend's factory DD mk18 he brought, while also being softer shooting and with no gas to the face when used with my hybrid can. Accuracy was ~1.5" with PCM xtac and winchester LC193. At the end I shot it on the long range bay out to 300yds on 3/4 ipsc steel with no misses.

Last but not least, "mUh FiNiSh" seems to be perfectly fine. I did wipe some oil on it originally to clean it up. Seems to be a really great gun and I'm looking forward to taking it to the next class I do.

Reactions: camocorvette
Where are all you guys getting these working G rifles from?! I got zapped.

Anodizing changes from batch to batch especially outside of black...but that looks pretty dang crappy...

I have seen Geissele miss QC several times the last 2 years...

Last edited:
Watching that video made me dumber. This guy really sucks...can't get that time back. Why is he doing accuracy testing with Wolf Gold 55gr??

Because it’s marketed as a battle ready type rifle, as I recall he tested it in quite a few more ways than that as well, the if you get under 4MOA be happy is not a good look.

Because it’s marketed as a battle ready type rifle, as I recall he tested it in quite a few more ways than that as well, the if you get under 4MOA be happy is not a good look.
The guy literally posted another video talking about how Bill called him and they fixed his gun...

The guy literally posted another video talking about how Bill called him and they fixed his gun...

That’s good

However if I was a higher end AR manufacturer I would hold myself to a higher standard, and I would never say 4MOA is good enough.

Good outcome, but the journey for that guy to get their is a abysmal failure.

That’s good

However if I was a higher end AR manufacturer I would hold myself to a higher standard, and I would never say 4MOA is good enough.

Good outcome, but the journey for that guy to get their is a abysmal failure.
Yup. I mean there is a reason why G barrels weren't picked by Uncle Sam!

Basic/nominal dimensions have a significant influence in the fit of two mating parts. They establish what is a clearance, close, or interference fit. All the other stuff just modifies the fit or establishes a range for it.
Sounds like sex with one of my exes- she was a cold and calculating demon.

• Haha