• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Life in the Pit

KipM

Private
Minuteman
Aug 12, 2012
Alabama
** Stolen from a friend because it was too funny to leave behind ** šŸ˜„
Q: How many people does it take to change a lightbulb in the bear pit?
ā€¢ 1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.
ā€¢ 14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.
ā€¢ 7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.
ā€¢ 17 purists who use candles and are offended by light bulb discussions.
ā€¢ 6 to argue over whether it's 'lightbulb' or 'light bulb'.
ā€¢ Another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid.
ā€¢ 22 to tell THOSE 6 to stop being jack donkeys
ā€¢ 2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is 'lamp'.
ā€¢ 15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that 'light bulb' is perfectly correct.
ā€¢ 249 to post memes and gifs (several are of someone eating popcorn with the words added, ā€œIā€™m just here for the comments.ā€)
ā€¢ 19 to post that this page is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a light bulb page.
ā€¢ 11 to defend the posting to this page saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant here.
ā€¢ 12 to post F.
ā€¢ 8 to ask what F means.
ā€¢ 16 to post 'Following' but there's 3 dots at the top right that means you don't have to.
ā€¢ 3 to say "can't share"
ā€¢ 2 to reply "can't share from a closed group"
ā€¢ 36 People to post pics of their own light bulbs.
ā€¢ 15 People to post "I can't see S$%^!" and use their own light bulbs.
ā€¢ 6 to report the post or PM an admin because someone said "fĆ·Ć—$"
ā€¢ 4 to say "Didn't we go through this already a short time ago?".
ā€¢ 13 to say "Do a search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs".
ā€¢ 1 to bring politics into the discussion by adding that (insert politician of choice) isn't the brightest bulb. This usually takes place within the first three comments.
ā€¢ 50 more to get into personal attacks over their political views.
ā€¢ 5 admins to ban the light bulb posters who took it all too seriously.
ā€¢ 1 late arrival to comment on the original post 6 months later and start it all over again.

Yeah couldnā€™t resist šŸ˜‚šŸ¤£šŸ˜‚

I just changed the light bulbs in my weapon lite should i post a photo ?

tenor.gif

It depends. When the temperature drops, you need to check the pressure. If your cabbage is purple about 3 psi loss is normal every 25 degrees. It may decrease slightly more, but not enough to interfere with standard tolerances.

Now if you're in the mid southern hemisphere, weights can vary plenty. This is something you must keep an eye on to prevent over expansion between the lid and tongue. Had that happen to a few customers, not a pretty sight nor cheap to fix. Especially with the COVID restrictions screwing up the supply chains.

Lastly, there isn't a whole lot you can do once the break in period has been surpassed. Could try listing some on an auction site, possible someone out there will use it for spare parts. Circulation of pre-break in will fetch much more interest in the industry pro circles. Choose wisely.

You totally forgot about which is better MIL or MOA bulbs and one of those may or may not be based on the metric system, also no mention of concrete work, how many light bulbs you can bench, and who has the best damn glass bulbs on the planet, donā€™t forget the amount bow kills helps up your creed no matter what subject you talk about.

Should I use rocksett or loctite on the threads?

Anyone have the torque specs and or seating depth for a sylvania 75 watt.

My friend runs a LED instead of fluorescent because weā€˜re into ELR, and Iā€™m talking EXTREME ELR. He says theyā€™re the best for that but I have no actual experience. Fight me

This is the shit you get when the local range makes you go home just because it's dark.

What a shame because we have a good batch of bulb experts right here.

Reactions: lash
isn't that bulb a little too bright for a pit . maybe try this but on a windy night
1618394277165.png
the light is getting dimmer and dimmer .

View attachment 7604167

Its all a big joke to everyone butt when it happens to you its not that funny. I learned the hard way that you shouldn't get lube on the threads because you will lose your grip ......
My cousin was an ER nurse back in the 80's and the stories she would tell about the xrays were both funny and horrifying to a teenager, she's probably how I acquired such a warped sense of humor.

Not one word about concrete or bow hunting. Iā€™ve lost my faith in the pit.

but F............just for comments from the pussies that actually use light bulbs still

Reactions: Slash0311
My cousin was an ER nurse back in the 80's and the stories she would tell about the xrays were both funny and horrifying to a teenager, she's probably how I acquired such a warped sense of humor.
We had a family member many years ago who worked in ER and she told us about guys and girls with vibrators in them still running. They had to lay there until the batteries went dead before the doctor would work on removing it.

• Haha
Reactions: KipM
That light bulb is a fake.
Never served as a lightbulb.
Wouldn't know the first thing about being a lightbulb.
Read the lightbulb package, and thought that covered everything needed to be a lightbulb.

Some light bulbs are POGS, a few are not.

And only buy MOA bulbs, mil bulbs are ghey.