• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce 7-35

BallisticPrimate

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2017
So I have one arriving tomorrow with the Mil-XT reticle. Will be going on a comp/range toy. Help my confirmation bias by telling me the good (and the bad/ugly) of the NF.

I’ve had mine for several months now. I’m not using that reticle, but the reticle doesn’t matter as long as YOU like it, and it fits your needs.
I should say this: I have almost one of each ATACR NF does. From the 1-8, to the 7-35, all in F1.
I have shot several local PRS style matches with my 7-35, and I love it.
I usually set it at 15x or so and run everything from that power range. But, it sure is nice to crank up the power on a KYL stage, and REALLY see where you’re at.
I absolutely love the scope, and have zero complaints. The glass is fantastic, and the scope definitely inspires confidence in the way it’s built, and the way it feels. Parallax isn’t especially picky, and neither is the Eyebox.
Mirage does become an issue here in Vegas when it’s 113*, but that’s not the scopes fault.
My buddy has the Leupold 7-35 MK5. He and I spent some time behind one another’s glass. Both of us could see the difference in the NF, and could see where the $$ goes between them. The MK5 7-35 is a damn nice piece of glass, the NF is just a step up in clarity, color, etc.
if you are a NF fan, the 7-35 will absolutely not disappoint you.
I still love my 5-25, but the 7-35 is on my match gun now.

For ELR and paper punching it’s probably the best scope out there. For PRS there’s a couple other options I think that are slightly better, but the 7-35 is still an excellent choice and many have done extremely well if it in that role.

There’s a recent 7-35 vs Schmidt thread that has a ton of good info in it you can read to better understand where the strengths and weaknesses lie

Love mine.. have 2. I'm not a tree guy and think the MIL-C is great. I agree with Vegashkshooter.
Primary use is NRL/PRS match shooting.

Reactions: plamia2
I love mine, excellent glass, the 35x on the top end is great I usually shoot at 15x for prs matches. I love the parallax adjustment. I love the turret spacing they are easy to read for me compared to other scopes.

The only thing is I wish the windage turret felt like the elevation turret

I personally think it’s one of the best scopes on the planet.

giphy.gif

I’ve had mine for several months now. I’m not using that reticle, but the reticle doesn’t matter as long as YOU like it, and it fits your needs.
I should say this: I have almost one of each ATACR NF does. From the 1-8, to the 7-35, all in F1.
I have shot several local PRS style matches with my 7-35, and I love it.
I usually set it at 15x or so and run everything from that power range. But, it sure is nice to crank up the power on a KYL stage, and REALLY see where you’re at.
I absolutely love the scope, and have zero complaints. The glass is fantastic, and the scope definitely inspires confidence in the way it’s built, and the way it feels. Parallax isn’t especially picky, and neither is the Eyebox.
Mirage does become an issue here in Vegas when it’s 113*, but that’s not the scopes fault.
My buddy has the Leupold 7-35 MK5. He and I spent some time behind one another’s glass. Both of us could see the difference in the NF, and could see where the $$ goes between them. The MK5 7-35 is a damn nice piece of glass, the NF is just a step up in clarity, color, etc.
if you are a NF fan, the 7-35 will absolutely not disappoint you.
I still love my 5-25, but the 7-35 is on my match gun now.
I have the 5-25 ATACR enhanced and love it, ive also heard great things about the 7-35, is it that much better than the 5-25? For ELR doesn’t more magnification mean less internal adjustment? Thanks

I have the 5-25 ATACR enhanced and love it, ive also heard great things about the 7-35, is it that much better than the 5-25? For ELR doesn’t more magnification mean less internal adjustment? Thanks

NF is saying the 7-35 has 100moa or 29 mils of internal adjustment. The 5-25 has 120moa or 35 mils. So yes, on paper, you lose some adjustments. In reality though, folks are getting more than 29 mils on the 7-35. With a good 20 moa base, I’d wager the 7-35 should give around 18-20 mils of adjustability. On my 6.5CM, 20mils gets me to 1660. I can hold in the reticle and hit 1mile (1760).

I guess it comes down to the extra couple mils of travel, or the extra 10X on the top end. It is 100% up to what your uses dictate.

Reactions: MK3XXX
I'm gonna be a little contrary ... even though It is probably my favorite scope that I have ...

46839682544_99d237a95a_k.jpg

I don't use the "extra" 10x ... I got it thinking I would use this scope as a spotter also ... but I haven't ... not yet anyway (got in Feb 2018).

Even shooting dots at 100yds, I don't go over 25x. But the big problem is using it at night, behind thermal clipon ... the 7x FOV is a pain !!! I have to "triple" scan every area as I turn thru a 360 ... takes a lot longer to do 360s.

Now are either of those issues the scope's fault ?? Hecque no, they are my fault !!

All, that said, if I could trade it for a 5-25x T3 ... I don't think I would. I like having the extra 10x up there just in case. It is the 7x on the bottom that is the biggest pain.

I'm looking forward to the 2.5-20x T3 that might come into existence one day ...

--
Oh and I have a 4-16x T3 as well and even that 4x is too much at night ...

My 2.5-10x mil-r ... now That's a perfect night scope ... and a great day scope as well :)

Thanks for all the input fellas. Scope is in hand and all the controls appear typically NF, which is to say, excellent. More to say once it's mounted and thrashed :)

NF is saying the 7-35 has 100moa or 29 mils of internal adjustment. The 5-25 has 120moa or 35 mils. So yes, on paper, you lose some adjustments. In reality though, folks are getting more than 29 mils on the 7-35. With a good 20 moa base, I’d wager the 7-35 should give around 18-20 mils of adjustability. On my 6.5CM, 20mils gets me to 1660. I can hold in the reticle and hit 1mile (1760).

I guess it comes down to the extra couple mils of travel, or the extra 10X on the top end. It is 100% up to what your uses dictate.

7-35 have 36 mil

565BFEED-21A1-4464-8527-F3B6A4445B77.pngAccording to NF own web page, it’s not that much. Now, your scope may have that, but as I said, some folks are reporting more.

I'm happy to read all of these responses. I have absolutely nothing of value to add other than I am pretty excited to get mine. I've got a 7-35 with the Mil XT coming within the next two weeks. I have a couple 624i's and had a couple 525i's, but after comparing a friend's 7-35 against my 624i, I just couldn't help myself.

And I'm not saying that the NF is any better than the Kahles scopes. I love Kahles' scopes and still own a few of them. It was just my personal observance that the view provided by the NF just "popped" more if that makes any sense? It just gave a very bright, clear, and crisp image. Suffice to say, I was damn impressed.

Reactions: hambone1971
Si now that the ZCO has been out for a while and the TT 5-25 still has a presence how do people feel about it? Have never owned NF but have alway been interested, specially on the Mil XT.

I recently sold a TT 5-25 and purchased my first NF being a 7-35 F1 mil c a few months back. Im running the NF w a EraTac adjustable mount. 100 yard zero w 34.9 mil available.

Reactions: Islas82
I recently sold a TT 5-25 and purchased my first NF being a 7-35 F1 mil c a few months back. Im running the NF w a EraTac adjustable mount. 100 yard zero w 34.9 mil available.
Did you notice a significant difference in glass and parallax quality?

I didn’t have a chance to compare the glass side by side. I’m sure the TT had better glass and turrets but there was a few things I didn’t like about the TT. I’m 100% happy w the NF 7-35 and it doesn’t leave me wanting more. Only you can decide if the TT is worth almost 2k more than the NF.