• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Night Vision Now for something more tactical

scudzuki

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 1, 2012
Philadelphia suburbs
Okay, now that I have overwatch covered with the PVS-30, need something more tactical, a lightweight clip-on for an AR, maybe a thermal?
I see AGM makes some US made clip-ons with FLIR cores... anybody have any experience there? AGM Rattler TC35-384 or Victrix TC50 384?

Reactions: mikefraz
Overwatch?

WTH do you do for a living?

If you’re serious about a thermal clip-on, the Andres TigIR-6Z+ is the absolute best unit available at its price point. It’s a poor man’s UTC-Xii, and is every bit as good (IMO) if you don’t deploy from submerged submarines or need TracIR support.

Get in touch with @Surgeon_Shooter

Reactions: scudzuki
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHA

Beware

Keyboard Commando.jpg

I actually requested a quote for the TigIR-6M from Andres Industries directly. They wouldn't quote me the 6M but quoted me the 6Z+ for 7638 Euros ($9261). Maybe if I hadn't just bought the PVS I'd contact @Surgeon_Shooter.

I preordered the AGM Rattler TC35-384. I'm just looking for some reasonable NV capability for an AR-15.

Overwatch is me perched on the ridge of my roof until I fall asleep and roll off. Hopefully the rifle doesn't come down with me and get damaged in the fall.

So what is the difference between the z and the m?

I watched the Andres vid and iiuc it's German Law about hunting licenses and reticles?

How does that affect export?

So what is the difference between the z and the m?

I watched the Andres vid and iiuc it's German Law about hunting licenses and reticles?

How does that affect export?
Just the internal reticle. AFAIK, everything else is identical.

For $10K, it’s a bonkers good clipon.

Here we go again, on my left shoulder whispering in my ear DO IT. Try and keep up with Wig. Then on my right shoulder whispering in my ear, what the hell is wrong with you, Stand down that amount of money for a toy is sick. My rationalization is having / using the PVS-30 is freaking tits. Hogs are taking a beating. BUT, if I also had a thermal clip on ...

Here we go again, on my left shoulder whispering in my ear DO IT. Try and keep up with Wig. Then on my right shoulder whispering in my ear, what the hell is wrong with you, Stand down that amount of money for a toy is sick. My rationalization is having / using the PVS-30 is freaking tits. Hogs are taking a beating. BUT, if I also had a thermal clip on ...

Gotta go with the right shoulder. Always.

a lightweight clip-on for an AR, maybe a thermal?
I see AGM makes some US made clip-ons with FLIR cores... anybody have any experience there? AGM Rattler TC35-384 or Victrix TC50 384? ...

Be careful !! Of the AGM thermals ONLY the 336 and 640s have FLIR cores (made in USA) ... the 384s have Chinese cores, some of those are 100% made in China others are chinese cores in armasight-ish housings.

AGM is a reborn "rump" of the olde Armasight and the FLIR cored units are essentially the olde Armasight Zeuses and Apollos an Predators and such with new housings to make them legal since they are no longer Armasight. I think a third party bought the Armasight brand name from FLIR, but not sure that entity is up and running yet.
But the 336 and 640 AGM FLIR cored units, should perform just as their Armasight grandaddies did 5-6 years ago. Note this will NOT be quite the same as the newer Halo/BAE cored units. :)
Lower prices for the AGM FLIR units can be obtained by going to Optics Planet, putting the unit in your cart and calling them on the phone and asking for a 10% coupon today. OP already shows a discount, so 10% on top of that discount will be pretty significant discount off the MSRP shown on the AGM site.

Last edited:
AGM stands for Armasight 's gone mandarin. Lol its a couple of the guys that founded armasight I bought a co-x mini gen 3 clip on and have a hogster-c clip on thermal it is a good combination that don't cost damn near as much as that one tigiz y'all were talking about. Got my wife the Rattler clip on to go behind a pair of nx8 nightforces.

Attachments

• 20210822_192529.jpg
    20210822_192529.jpg
    376.7 KB · Views: 781
Last edited:
AGM stands for Armasight 's gone mandarin. Lol its a couple of the guys that founded armasight I bought a co-x mini gen 3 clip on and have a hogster-c clip on thermal it is a good combination that don't cost damn near as much as that one tigiz y'all were talking about. Got my wife the Rattler clip on to go behind a pair of nx8 nightforces.
But it's not "the" guy that started Armasight if I remember correctly?

I heard stories that Armasight was coming back? I am hoping that is true!

That Tig would be nice.

Reactions: mikefraz