• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Steiner military 8x30R LRF bluetooth adapter

SRSDriver

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2011
Northern CO
I noticed there is now a bluetooth adapter out for the stiner 8x30R laser rangefinder binos. However, I don't see how this would install into the 8x30R's that I have - Does this only fit on the very newest ones (which look like mine on the steiner website) or is this for the military version of the 8x30R ?

Reactions: philiop2001
I reached out to Steiner and they replied:

"The Steiner Bluetooth Adapter is designed to plug into the port on the 1535nm model (full name: M830r LRF 1535nm, item# 2681) Currently, this is the only model the BT Adapter will function with. When installed, the BT Adapter will feed the latest range measurement to a connected device (typically a Kestrel w/ Ballistics and LiNK, allowing it to display DOPE for the recorded distance) "

Reactions: philiop2001
Thanks to @gr8fuldoug for passing this one along, it looks like I've got access to post now, so I wanted to share an image that might clear things up as far as what the BT Adapter looks like and where it goes on the M830r LRF 1535nm.

10192_BT-Adapter-for-M8x30r-LRF-1535-Binocular-1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: gr8fuldoug