• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Well their "service" in regards to transit/delivery times SUCK! When you pay for priority shipping there's the caveat that it may not get there in a couple days. A letter from WA State to Ohio recently took 15 days to be delivered IIRC.

Google/Yahoo/Fuckerburg etc would probably give the USPS the info for free since they are harvesting info anyways.....

1619052212025.jpeg

My form 1 prints took just over a month to go from Michigan to the ATF in WV. The prints sat for a week in the Detroit hub alone. No reason just sat there. I was surprised the ATF accepted them after such a long time but they probably are all too aware of the laziness at the post office. At least they only took 10 days to approve but wow, I could have walked them there faster.

If I order anything online I always do my best to avoid the USPS. Best thing for it is to finally give up and go under.

Captain Obvious weighed in on this. From the article -

"...University of Chicago law professor Geoffrey Stone, whom President Barack Obama appointed to review the National Security Agency’s bulk data collection in the wake of the Edward Snowden leaks (said) “I don’t understand why the government would go to the Postal Service for examining the internet for security issues..." Stone...questioned why the post office would be tasked with something like identifying violent protests two months after the Jan. 6 attack, which would appear to have little or nothing to do with the post office’s role in delivering mail. “I just don’t think the Postal Service has the degree of sophistication that you would want if you were dealing with national security issues of this sort,” he said.

“That part is puzzling,” he added. “There are so many other federal agencies that could do this, I don’t understand why the post office would be doing it. There is no need for the post office to do it — you’ve got FBI, Homeland Security and so on, so I don’t know why the post office is doing this.”

It looks pretty obvious that the USPS wants to get a piece of the public surveillance business. It's one of the fastest growing areas of both the Federal govt. and private industry and they don't want to get left behind. Might even keep their failing ship afloat for a few more years.