• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Warm Tactical Gloves

Mr.Horsepower89

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 6, 2017
Anyone have any good tactical gloves that are semi warm. I have the PIG FDT Delta Utility gloves and they are great as far as dexterity, touch screen and actually do pretty well in the 20-30 degree range. For the price they are tough to beat but I am looking for something that is nearly as versatile and a little warmer so I can keep my hands exposed a little longer. My current alternative is to use a larger over glove that slides off easy with a wrist lanyard but that has its own draw backs with multiple firearms, slings and movement.

Thanks again.

I saw the title of this and said to myself, "self, no one is going to believe you when you say nomex flight gloves." Had a pair when on two deployments and they were great. I miss them, I might have to pick up a pair. It freezes here in Texas a few days out of the year.

What do you guys use when it's 0 - 10 F?

Out of the wind, bare handed. Exposed to the wind, flight gloves. Either shoot with it on, or, pull it off and tuck it under my torso (prone) so I can slip it back on quickly. At those temps with wind, bare skin doesn’t hold up long.

If its dry insulated flyers gloves. If its wet cold Ill use Outdoor research posiedon gloves and for prolong extreme cold outdoor research pro mod..any colder and ill use the OR mutant mittens which worked well even at -30F.

if I am out in that weather I am usually mountain climbing and I use Absolute Zero Mitts from Mountain Hardwear.

I meant for shooting/weapons manipulation. I have enough gloves that work that low and lower, but they are a bitch to shoot in like a pair of Dachstein mitts in OR Gore Tex shells.

0. I haven't tried them in less. I actually stuff handwarmers in my gloves to make sure shit stays good.

One key thing to pay attention to is that every person has different circulation patterns (for example any frostnip in your past will make you prone to future injuries), and core warmth provisions like layering and headgear make a huge difference in your extremity warmth.

0. I haven't tried them in less. I actually stuff handwarmers in my gloves to make sure shit stays good.

One key thing to pay attention to is that every person has different circulation patterns (for example any frostnip in your past will make you prone to future injuries), and core warmth provisions like layering and headgear make a huge difference in your extremity warmth.

Thanks for the info.

One of the reasons I ask is that I have had frostnip before and as you correctly point out it has left my hands more vulnerable to the cold.

Settle on hand warmers and commit to them IMHO. Makes the frostnip less likely to return. I keep some in any deployment kit I might grab.

I've used aviators Nomex for decades now across a wide range of temps and over 5 continents. I use them and hunter's mittens for the extreme cold as over gloves.

I've used this combo in the Arctic and mountains doing a lot of x-country skiing, high volume shoot courses in -30˚ C, and many overnight stays in extreme cold.

I use a Manzella Gore Windstopper gloves. I have hunted and used them for outdoor pursuits for more than a decade, just wearing out my second pair, probably more than 500 days of use on them, besides using them back and forth to work in the truck. When holding still for more than a 10-15 minutes, I use a larger over mitt to keep warm if its colder than about 20.

https://www.rei.com/product/888533/manzella-silkweight-wind-ultra-touchtip-gloves-mens

I have really crappy circulation and have had frost nip so I am prone to freezing.
I agree that keeping your core warm will do the best to help. I don't do bare hands when it is really cold.

I'm going to try a pair of these: https://www.sweaterchalet.com/dachstein-woolwear/dw-2111-adult-gloves/#cc-m-product-11727260231

I have a pair of Dachstein wool mittens and they are unbelievably warm and completely waterproof but not very useful when you need dexterity. About 30 years ago I used to live near Seattle and did tons of backcountry skiing in that wet Cascades snow. Hands layered in polypro liner gloves, dachstein mitts and gore tex overmitts made an unbeatable system.

Serius gloves are supposed to be really warm. I got a pair and was surprised at how thin they are. Will report back when I actually get a chance to use them

Serius gloves are supposed to be really warm. I got a pair and was surprised at how thin they are. Will report back when I actually get a chance to use them

which pair did you go with? I’m interested to hear your opinions as I have been looking at some of their thinner options as well

I've had several models of Serius gloves and have never found satisfaction with them. I used to ride horses and english riding gloves make excellent shooting gloves, including winter riding gloves.

Last edited:
I have had the "privilege" of being able to train in everything from subfreezing temperatures to triple digits. After trying just about everything under the sun (or lack thereof in some parts), I found that if you still want reasonable dexterity when it comes to handling a rifle or gear, your fingers are never going to be fully warm. So what I have done is purchase a pair of thin glove liners (I have used both Serius and Polartec with good results) and wear them under whatever tac gloves I'm wearing at the time (I prefer Mechanix Wear, also liked the Army issue nomex flight gloves). That provided a reasonable amount of protection while moving around and doing stuff without too much of a loss in dexterity. I could also take off the outer glove for fine motor tasks and still have a little degree of protection with just the liner.

When I was set up stagnant in a hide sight or on the range, I wore my glove liners under a pair of convertible mittens. That way my hands were insulated, but I could always just pop my trigger finger (or all of them) out to take a shot or manipulate gear.

As for cold weather related glove brands, I like Serius and have owned several models of their gloves for everything from military stuff to skiing and hiking. I always still wore my glove liners under them which I guess helped increase their warmth rating.

What do you guys use when it's 0 - 10 F?

mechanix gloves.........if im wearing gloves at all.

the extremities dont generate much heat on their own....it gets most of its heat from the blood flowing through it.......its important to keep that blood flowing.........you do this by keeping your legs and torso warm.......if your body is cold, its going to cut off blood flow to the extremities, making your hands and feet cold.

honestly, when its really cold, i make sure by body is warm( dress in layers, keep hand warmers in interior pockets), and my hands are protected from the wind........no need for large bulky gloves......hasnt failed me yet.