• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AICS or PSR Butt Stock on Accuracy International AT Rifle

racerman1

Private
Minuteman
Nov 25, 2013
Klamath Falls, Oregon
I May get blow-back on this one (have my big-boy pants on) :)...But I was CURIOUS ..

Could you, would you want to, or has anyone put a AICS, or PSR Butt-Stock on a AI AT Rifle ?

Obviously this interests me.. as I like the looks of those stocks and the adjust-ability (see pictures below)

Please feel free to tell me where I am going right, or wrong on this line of thinking !

Thanks !

Accuracy International AICS Folding Stock.jpgAI PSR Stock.jpg

Accuracy International AT AX Butt-Stock 2-A.jpeg

Attachments

• AXMC Butt Stock.jpg
    AXMC Butt Stock.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 278
Last edited:
Not mine but found on youtube.

https://youtu.be/_lcHeV2fQ4A

I think it just takes money. Would be nice if AI would sell the stock instead of having to purchase a complete chassis.

Last edited:
I would not get your hopes up.... I would settle for the proper length butt spacer screws being easy to get....

I would not get your hopes up.... I would settle for the proper length butt spacer screws being easy to get....

My local Fastenal had the bolts readily available. They are the same finish and I think I got them in 5mm increments up-to 75mm

I actually asked the guy that posted that video and AI in England. Basically it's going to cost you the same as a whole chassis. To buy the bits you need wont actually be any cheaper. I wanted to upgrade my pre2014 AX chassis but scrapped the idea and might just get the whole new chassis. The rifle in the video is owned by someone working for AI.
There are part numbers for the bits and you can possibly ask mile high or a distributor to give you pricing. Gotta consider the fact AI doesnt want liability if someone put the buttstock on incorrectly.

I think this would be an awesome setup. I'd really like to have the adjustability on the back end of the rifle but don't need the full handguard or the added weight of the AX setup.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hi all,
one of our employees who is a competition shooter in the U.K. did that to his AT as we provided the parts. I will look at what would be required and see it we can put a kit together. He did the work so it is possible without a gunsmith but it does require un-bonding and rebonding the hinge.

Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

Hi all,
one of our employees who is a competition shooter in the U.K. did that to his AT as we provided the parts.
I will look at what would be required and see it we can put a kit together.
He did the work so it is possible without a gunsmith but it does require un-bonding and rebonding the hinge.

Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

Thank You Mr. Irwin for your reply !

Looking forward to your research on a Kit :)

Thanks Mr. Irwin, you might be surprised at the people interested in a 'kit' to upgrade the buttstock. I'd like to upgrade my pre2014 AX chassis rather than buying a new one.

Hi all,
one of our employees who is a competition shooter in the U.K. did that to his AT as we provided the parts. I will look at what would be required and see it we can put a kit together. He did the work so it is possible without a gunsmith but it does require un-bonding and rebonding the hinge.

Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

I would be very interested in such a kit for a 2012 AI AX, cost depending.

I'd suddenly be interested in tracking down an AT if I could have it with the ax butt stock.

I imagine this will be a pricey upgrade even if AI makes only the parts required available for sale. The only issue I have with my 2013 AI buttstock is the direction it folds, since I have to take the bolt out for it to fit in the case I made for it. I have the butt spike so I'm not in a hurry to give that up... does the 2013 butt spike fit the 2014 folding buttstock?

Interested in doing this to my AX308 as well. Is there anything else holding the hinge assembly on besides bonding? (i.e. fasteners, bolts, etc.)? Also, what bonding material would be recommended to re-bond?

I would be interested as well.

Like others have mentioned, if this is offered I would HIGHLY recommend it coming with a new hinge that allows folding the opposite way which would be "over bolt" for any right handed rifle

I believe this product would sell fantastic if offered, Mr. Irwin......please consider offering this kit!!

Well Mr Irwin, scanning over this post it looks like there's 13 people interested - including myself. I'm sure over on UK Varminting forum there might be a few more members interested or if the word got out here on the Hide i'm sure more would sign up for the upgrade/parts. Even if you did 20 kits i'm sure they wouldn't sit on the shelf for long. I'm also sure people like Mile High Shooting would also be able to upgrade for people that would prefer a shop to do it for them.

Ok you talked me into it. I need to sort out pricing and delivery after I get back from vacation one week from now. I know they will not be cheap so be prepared.
Tom irwin
accuracy international

I am very interested in this and would happily ship my rifle off to MHSA to get the work done after buying the kit. I am anxious to see what pricing you come up with as I would really like to make this happen.

I think you would sell a lot of them if you offered this as a factory option as well.

Ok you talked me into it. I need to sort out pricing and delivery after I get back from vacation one week from now. I know they will not be cheap so be prepared.
Tom irwin
accuracy international

Thanks Tom for taking this into consideration, we all look forward to hearing back from you with options.

Enjoy the rest of your vacation, taking a break away from the normal daily grind is important.

If the stock folded over to the right and captured the bolt I'd be all over it. Provided the price was reasonable.

FWIW, I replaced my AT rear skins with the Victor Company V2 Viperskins, and just (like, 45 minutes ago) installed the old style Accu-shot AI monopod
​​​​​​(http://www.accu-shot.com/catalog_ne...ard-height-ai-mount-with-qk01-quick-knob.html).

Everything went together pretty smoothly, with the only hitch being that I had to shorten the bolt that came with the monopod by about an inch or so... Protip - if you do the same, you'll probably want to clean up the threads on the bolt using an M6-1.0 die. I'm pretty happy with the result; it's very solid, and a clean installation.

I'd be interested in buying an SFP AT with the kit already installed. The extra adjustability would be well worth the extra coin.

Can the nipple that holds the folded stock in place be moved to the other side?

Jim 10801.....the butt does fold to the right and closes over the bolt.....that ticks two of your boxes. The reasonable price one i am not sure about.

Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

Hi Tom,

Reasonable meaning your profit margin is reasonable. I don't think it is appropriate to discuss pricing until the product is released but I know my approximate bottom line. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Reasonable for an AI. It's all subjective. People that own AIs are willing to pay for quality parts.

Reasonable for an AI. It's all subjective. People that own AIs are willing to pay for quality parts.

I own an AI AT. Paid good coin for it from Mile High. And I am very much interested in this option being discussed. But I have limits. Will wait and see what is presented and how much money is required.

Mr. Tom Irwin,
Please add me to the list for my newly acquired 2014 AT...and I agree with Jim10801 ...I have financial "limits" also...
But as long as I don't have to sell a Kidney... I think I'll be good :)

Last edited:
I would like to be added to the list as well but as others have said my pockets aren't bottomless. I have a reasonable (to me) amount in mind and will jump on it if this is going to be a limited time only offer for sure.

I would love to buy the kit and then have it installed later by MHSA honestly to spread the cost a bit.

Interested in converting my newly acquired (2017) AI AT.

MB

Last edited:
FYI, I will not be making a list. I will arrange for the information to be sent to Euro Optics and MIle High in the USA and they will handle any orders.
Tom Irwin
Accuracy International

Tom,

I have a LH AT that folds to the right. Will this proposed kit work for me or is the LH buttstock different?

Would really be interested