• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

AICS or PSR Butt Stock on Accuracy International AT Rifle

I didn't opt for the folding stock as it just seemed mostly pointless, but now I'm wishing I had because the Ax stock would have been worth it for sure.

I would not get your hopes up.... I would settle for the proper length butt spacer screws being easy to get....

uxcell [h=1]M6 x 60mm 304 Stainless Steel Hex Socket Head Cap Screws DIN 912 20pcs[/h]

Those worked great for my AT

Yeah, I'd like to know as well as I am tempted by adding the adjustable butt pad for my pre2014 AX...

Tag for later interest, fingers crossed, but not holding my breath.

I am still interested as well

Tom please let us know if there are any updates

I was going to come post the link to the Sporting Services product page, but it looks like davidwiz beat us to it! Here's some pics... Looks like it is happening - at least on the other side of the pond.

IMG_0883_2_1024x1024.jpg

IMG_0884_2_1024x1024.jpg

I haven't heard anything back from MHSA yet for those of us in the USA.

If they respond I will update everyone.

I got a response from MHSA:

"We do not have the conversions here and they are not importing these to the united states. Sorry for the bad news."

I guess that answers that....we are SOL it appears.

It appears that MHSA didn't do their due diligence in researching before responding to my inquiry.

Sporting Services gave me a contact at AINA who responded:
"These will be available in the US, likely during the first quarter of 2018."

ETA: They aren't actually being imported from the UK. They will be made in the USA like the R700 chassis according to a subsequent e-mail.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bulldogce
It appears that MHSA didn't do their due diligence in researching before responding to my inquiry.

Sporting Services gave me a contact at AINA who responded:
"These will be available in the US, likely during the first quarter of 2018."

ETA: They aren't actually being imported from the UK. They will be made in the USA like the R700 chassis according to a subsequent e-mail.

Any word on the price and how/where to send for the swap?

I will be purchasing one when they are offered without question! So there is one more sold if Mile High or Euro Optic is listening...

One would have to assume since the stock is the same, that this will be compatible with the pre-2014 AX?

I wrote to Mile High a couple of weeks ago. This was their response:

--------------------------------------------------------------

They are on order, but we have no specific delivery time as of yet

DAVE BUICK
Mile High Shooting Accessories

3731 Monarch St.Erie, CO 80516

I don't see ant reason they cant be converted over at the end user level. I think they are just pinned with a roll pin and bolted with 2 bolts if my memory serves me.

I think they are also bonded if I remember correctly from going to the armory course for AI. I could be wrong

It is some form of an epoxy, I don't know exactly what. But a little heat and careful use with a very thin blade like a putty knife or similar will do the trick. Then when you assemble it use a high quality epoxy in the joint, its not rocket science.

Well....maybe Im not missing anything. I figured it would be around $600 or so but not that much. I guess i'll stick with the pre2014. Toolless adjustments is not worth that much to me especially since i can't see adjusting the stock for me. Not too many people shoot my rifle so set it and forget it is where I am at.

Last edited:
Reactions: Basher
Well....maybe Im not missing anything. I figured it would be around $600 or so but not that much. I guess ill stick with the pre2014. Tooless adjustments is not worth that much to me especially since i cant see adjusting the stock for me. Not too many people shoot my rifle so set and forget is whereI am at.

I enjoy the old thumbhole skins, so the AX buttstock is out on that alone for me. But $900 for the conversion? That's halfway to an AMG, or a crap ton of ammo or reloading supplies. I think you're on the right track.

Toolless adjustment isn’t on my list of needs either but having a captured bolt and thinner profile for packing is nice to have.

Wonder how much it’s going to cost to have it installed?

So who can update this thread with photos and end user reviews???

I have just picked up a non folding AT and think this is the way to go.

So who can update this thread with photos and end user reviews???

I have just picked up a non folding AT and think this is the way to go.

That’s actually a good idea. Buy a non-folder AT and save $400 vs a folder, then buy the AX conversion. After install, you’d probably only be looking at $600 more for the AT-AX than a regular AT folder.

That’s actually a good idea. Buy a non-folder AT and save $400 vs a folder, then buy the AX conversion. After install, you’d probably only be looking at $600 more for the AT-AX than a regular AT folder.

The stock can be removed from a non-folder? I thought non-folders “couldn’t be converted”.

The stock can be removed from a non-folder? I thought non-folders “couldn’t be converted”.

I guess one would have to confirm with AI or Mile High, but I was under the assumption that everything from the pistol grip forward was the same on folder vs non-folder. Meaning the way the buttstock assembly fits into the main chassis behind the pistol grip is identical. I believe both buttstock assemblies fit in and are bonded the same way. I could be wrong, but I guess I’d be surprised if a non-folding AT actually had an entirely different chassis than the folder.

Attachments

• A3C4BB09-BB77-41A1-A189-65092E5AB7F5.jpeg
    A3C4BB09-BB77-41A1-A189-65092E5AB7F5.jpeg
    114.8 KB · Views: 51
Here’s a fixed AX. Thinking about it though, I seem to remember fixed ATs not having the same through-holes for the stock capture and flush cups; that’s why the thumb rest won’t work on fixed ATs.

Attachments

• D2396BE6-BF5B-48DC-89DD-2B4EB132D106.jpeg
    D2396BE6-BF5B-48DC-89DD-2B4EB132D106.jpeg
    320.1 KB · Views: 101
What’s also weird is that the ATAICS fixed chassis are slightly different. The short action 223 and 308 fixed chassis do not have the flush cups above the pistol grip, so I’m assuming they would not have the through holes. However, the 300 and 338 long action fixed chassis DO have the flush cups, meaning the AX stock upgrade (or the thumb rest lol) would work.

Attachments

• B8A363C2-4596-42F3-947A-4BE1B4E95D79.png
    B8A363C2-4596-42F3-947A-4BE1B4E95D79.png
    962.4 KB · Views: 89