• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

6.5 SLR/S Improved Reamer Print

Rockfish Dave

Sergeant
Banned !
Aug 4, 2008
Columbia Falls, MT USA
Attached is:

6.5 SLR/S Improved reamer print
6.5 SLR/S (standard short action magazine fed) reamer print
6.5 SLR go-gauge

Both of the results below are from 26" 1-8 twist barrels.

I'm getting 2925 fps with 44gr of H4350 using 243WIN (Winchester) brass and CCI BR2 primers. 139gr Scenar
I just got a message yesterday of a fellow using my reamer that is getting max velocity (with ejector swipes) of 3035 at 47.6 gr of H4350 using palma brass and unknown primer. 140gr ELD

My 2925 fps has ES of single digit - to - low teen per five round strings.

Posting up so it is available to anyone that is interested, since sending emails to individuals is kind of hit or miss with me.

Forming:
I used an expanding mandrel to increase neck diameter
I used the standard full length die to bump back shoulder to 30 degrees (i was crushing cases with the improved die)
Hydroforming die for blowing out case (not neccessary but gives me the low ES on first firing, otherwise there will be more variance)
Improved full length die for previously fired rounds

Winchester brass just requires running through the dies. Lapua brass requires neck turning. My results are from annealed 243 Win Winchester brass.

Whidden gun works is my preffered supplier for dies.

Attachments

• 1303 Gauge.jpg
    1303 Gauge.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 84
  • 6.5 SUPER DB.jpg
    6.5 SUPER DB.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 89
  • 2133 6.5SLR-S.jpg
    2133 6.5SLR-S.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
I wish someone would come up with a reamer for Lapua brass without having to neck turn it, my SLR is getting 2865 out of a 22" Broughton with 38.7 gr. of H4350 with a harvester on the end.

I wish someone would come up with a reamer for Lapua brass without having to neck turn it, my SLR is getting 2865 out of a 22" Broughton with 38.7 gr. of H4350 with a harvester on the end.

Call JGS and tell them to use that print but change the neck diameter to whatever your loaded neck diameter is +.003"-.004". That should give you enough clearance.