• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I'm done guessing. Proven 168 loads for Crusader?

Tomekeuro85

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 11, 2007
Chicago Suburbs, IL
Im using Varget and 168 SMK. Does anyone have successful sub half moa loads?

I cant do it after trying every possible combination.

Im about to go to the 175's, just wondering if anyone has success with the 168's since i have 500 of them.

Re: I'm done guessing. Proven 168 loads for Crusader?

45 gr Varget at 2.800 OAL does it for me. Wolf primers. 2737 fps avg. HxBN coated. Might want to reduce and work up if you are shooting naked bullets. Really, EVERYBODY, and that includes you, needs to work up loads in their own rifle. Stupid, as our President said, not to do so. If you are having problems getting to 1/2 MOA with the SMK's, you may need to look at rifle or technique. Not every rifle shoots .5 MOA. Most don't. What rifle and maker? What shooter? JMHO

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shadow4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought you found a 1/2 MOA load for the 168's already....

http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1327570#Post1327570</div></div>

Yea I thought so too. I reloaded them at the same charge and it didn't reapeat. Averaged at .6-.7". No flyers just scattered groups without any pattern like vertical or horizintal stringing etc. I'm gonna email George and see if he knows what I can do

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: former naval person</div><div class="ubbcode-body">45 gr Varget at 2.800 OAL does it for me. Wolf primers. 2737 fps avg. HxBN coated. Might want to reduce and work up if you are shooting naked bullets. Really, EVERYBODY, and that includes you, needs to work up loads in their own rifle. Stupid, as our President said, not to do so. If you are having problems getting to 1/2 MOA with the SMK's, you may need to look at rifle or technique. Not every rifle shoots .5 MOA. Most don't. What rifle and maker? What shooter? JMHO</div></div>

Its a GAP Crusader that has shot consistent sub half groups with a hunting load I used before. So i know its not me or the gun...