• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Texutrized trigger shoe - why not?

BigBrother

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2007
New England
Posted something over in Advanced Marksmanship, realized I may get more feedback in the more rifle-focused channel:

"While doing some dryfire exercises recently, I got to thinking that since some trigger shoes benefit from ridges for added grip, could a further enhancement be to really texturize the shoe, something similar to the parkerization on some barrels, thereby affording it a rock solid weld with the trigger finger?"

Wonder why you don't see it more often, given how much texturizing is often done to the other contact points.

Anyone here ever try this?

Re: Texutrized trigger shoe - why not?

I thought about a little grip tape but didn't want to catch any Tom Beringer crap.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Emilio</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought about a little grip tape but didn't want to catch any Tom Beringer crap. </div></div>

I've tried it and it worked great.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Emilio</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought about a little grip tape but didn't want to catch any Tom Beringer crap. </div></div>

Tom filed his finger.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Emilio</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought about a little grip tape but didn't want to catch any Tom Beringer crap. </div></div>

Tom filed his finger. </div></div>

When I saw him do that I had to rewind a few times to see what he was doing. Movies...