• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision “Best” way to mount thermal sight to bolt gun

BgBmBoo

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
So as the title says…what Is the “best” way to mount a thermal to a bolt action rifle?

Most of the thermal units seem to be geared to AR platforms. Yes…I know Pulsar and iRay make “scope” style thermal sights, but I’m looking to mount a Nvision to my bolt gun.

Thanks

I use a LaRue LT101 riser. This will help with the eye relief on a bolt gun. However, this compounds the problem that most traditional thermal scopes sit too high on bolt action rifles already. You would need an adjustable stock/cheek pad or riser to make it comfortable to shoot. You can see if someone makes an extended pic rail for your type of gun. However, some of them can get in the way of your bolt depending on the style of your action.

Depends on the Nvision scope your trying to mount.
If your left handed and don't use a riser, you might have an issue with the bolt hitting the battery compartment of the Halo X scopes with some turn bolt rifles.
I've had no issues with eye alignment on my savage impulse predator and other bolt rifles that have height adjustable cheek pieces.
Unless you have a Jay Leno chin, your going to need to add some type cheek piece on a factory non adjustable stock.

SJC

Buy the cheap EGW Tikka scope rail (without recoil pins) and mount it backwards. It will get your optic further back. Even further back than the Mountain Tactical thermal rail.
Biggest thing that helps is a stock with a smaller LoP. For me, I couldn't get it right with a Bravo but an XLR Element made all the difference.
20220331_171248.jpg

Reactions: dirtytough