• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

“Let Texas Shoot” Benefit Multi-gun Match 7-7-12

Goose375

Sergeant
Minuteman
“Let Texas Shoot” Benefit Multi-gun Match
Saturday, July 7, 2012 @ The Rifle Ranch , Frost, TX
Price $100

The Rifle Ranch will be hosting the “Let Texas Shoot” benefit multi-gun match to raise funds for a range in need. North East Texas Tactical was attacked by the anti-gunners this May and is currently fighting them in court. This case has made it to the Court of Appeals in Dallas where case law will be written to set the precedent for all other ranges in Texas should they find themselves in a similar situation. For more info on the status of the litigation, visit www.NorthEastTexasTactical.com

This will be a one day event with 4 big stages and several side matches for prizes. You will need pistol, carbine, and long gun. The stages will incorporate long gun w/ pistol and robust run and gun stages with pistol and carbine. There will be side matches at each stage to minimize down time. Targets will be an assortment of reactive steel and paper targets. We are limiting the entry to 50 shooters so we can maintain a good pace throughout the day. Targets from 3-1000yds. We plan to stock up a prize table through the support of match sponsors; this cause hits close to home for many so it should turn out well. There will not be separate classes so you can run whatever accessories/optics you like. Geordie Richardson will be the Match Director and has designed some intense stages. We will shoot rain or shine, come on out and help keep Texas shooting.

You will need:
Precision Rifle (.30 cal MAX) 50 rds. At least two 10 rd mags.
Carbine 100 rds, at least two 30 rd mags.
Pistol 100 rds. Enough mags to carry 50 rds at once.

Registration
Registration is now open. Please send an email with the following information to the address below. Payment can be made through the North East Texas Tactical website <span style="color: #3333FF">HERE</span>. Payment is due by July 1st. Cancellation refunds will be given prior to July 1st. Check the NETT website in the coming weeks for a list of sponsors.

[email protected]

Name:
Address:
Phone#:

Re: “Let Texas Shoot” Benefit Multi-gun Match 7-7-12

i'm in , thanks to kevin & geordie for putting this together for a good cause

Goose, check your email, I sent you a certificate.

Roscoe, Thanks a ton for the certificate. If anyone wants to come on out and shoot, Roscoe put a $500 certificate on the table for a new build. The table is filling up nicely.

I'm glad this is being done and glad for the sponsors stepping up. Hopefully there is a good turn out. This is not only for a great guy but a very important precedent since we would prefer to not have Texas turn in to Kalifornia any time soon

if only i was going to be off work for this.

The prize table is shaping up nicely, we have LaRue Mounts, a Valkyrie 5.56 suppressor, red dot sights, steel targets, bolt knob work, $500 off a new build from LA Precision, JEC muzzle breaks, stocks, custom reloads and some goodies from several bad ass sponsors on the way. Check the website for a complete list.

Goose, Rifles Only has a cert printed out for you guys for 50% off a PR 1&2 class that will get sent out tomorrow as well!

I'm in, registration and payment sent. I can't wait, this looks like a lot of fun.

Just sent the registration email. Looking forward to the match.

Count me in. this should be fun and for a good cause.

All paid up! See you guys at the match.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mustafa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Goose, Rifles Only has a cert printed out for you guys for 50% off a PR 1&2 class that will get sent out tomorrow as well! </div></div>

Right on!! Rifles Only is the heat!! Thanks Guys

All paid up. Look forward to this. I've never shot to this distance so it looks like I need to have a range trip between now and the match! Hope I have time.

The way the prize table is stacking up, it looks like most of the shooters will get most of their entry fee back even if they finish at the back of the field!

Paid and in. Now to find a long gun to use
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jason C.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Justin, you can borrow one of mine if you like </div></div>

I'll take you up on that, give me a call to figure out the details. THANKS

We set the stages up yesterday, this is going to be fun! Lots to shoot at! Barbeque lunch is being provided. Prize table looks great as well. There will be
ice chests with drinks at each stage to help you stay cool along with 10X10 canopies. The side matches are going to be very entertaining as well.

Very excited to get to shoot this match! See you all there!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 33shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any idea of a round count for the side matches? Or are they included in the big round count?</div></div>

There will be a Texas star engaged with a provided shotgun and ammo. The rifle side match will be an MGM spinner shot with your AR. Minimum 3-4 round but you could dump a whole mag on it!. The pistol side match will be a KYL with a maximum of 4 rounds. You will be able to shoot these multiple times if you want to contribute $5 per try.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Boss</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 33shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Any idea of a round count for the side matches? Or are they included in the big round count?</div></div>

There will be a Texas star engaged with a provided shotgun and ammo. The rifle side match will be an MGM spinner shot with your AR. Minimum 3-4 round but you could dump a whole mag on it!. The pistol side match will be a KYL with a maximum of 4 rounds. You will be able to shoot these multiple times if you want to contribute $5 per try.

</div></div>

Cool thanks!

This stuff is all new to me, so if you see a guy with a blank look on his face it will be me

I think it would be fair to say that we kept the long range shooting very straight forward and we are using the number of shots per stage and the par time as the stresser. I suspect there will be a number of shooters who don't do allot of long range work and we wanted those people to be able to make up some ground in the carbine and pistol sections. There are stages and parts of stages where those of you that may be weak in one or two of the three firearms will have an opportunity to "shine". We wanted this to be fun for everyone and I think it will be. Our Aussie stage designer is a good bloke and he did an outstanding job on the stages.

We will leave the pink bandana at home this time. I think it will be obvious as far as who is new

Its a Mossberg model 500 pump.
You will all get an email with the COF and rules

long gun distances are approx 400,600,900

COF emails sent, there are not any distances on the targets because we did not have a range finder with us that day.. They are all well within "most" of yalls skill levels.. It is going to be fun, looking forward to some friendly competition.

Got a Bushnell scope and a KMW Sentenal stock todat more Badass prizes on the way

Made it out just to watch and learn. Plenty hot and humid. Plenty of sweet sticks and some great shooting going on.

Great match, thanks to Kevin, Geordie, Adam and the RO's.

Had a blast, thanks

Match went very smooth. Had a great time, and really enjoyed shooting this style match. I'm hooked and look forward to shooting these again. Hope my meager donation helps the cause! Keep fighting the good fight, and like I said before I left, you should put on another one of these......

I really enjoyed the shoot also! Thanks to all who helped put this together. This was my first shoot of this kind and I'm hooked also. Just need to work on a little more magnification on the carbine. Can't wait for the next one!

I just want to say thank you to Kevin,Geordie and all the RO's for the hard work putting on this match. Hopefully the money raised can get Adam back on track.

Shane

Ok guys, I have a total for you, We raised $6415.00 from this match and have put ourselves a helluva lot closer to covering our fees from fighting the good fight. I want to thank Kevin Elpers here publicly for donating his ranch and Geordie for donating his time and steel to the cause. We would have been taping a whole bunch of paper had Geordie not been there and the courses of fire would have been shite as well.

Thank you to all of the shooters and to those of you who stayed after and shot the side matches, I have a pretty sweet video of Thomas Riley's winning run on the Texas Star I will try to post soon. 3.6 seconds with a 12 ga. Pump... Very nice and congrats to him for the win.

Guys, make sure you send a quick thank you email to the company who supplied the prize you picked up on the table. They need to know that their efforts were appreciated so they will continue to donate to matches in the future. We could not have done this without these sponsors.

3.6 seconds for the win
<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4OXSnTo59TM"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4OXSnTo59TM" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

a resounding 'huzzah' to Kev for donating the Ranch, Geordie & crew for running such a topnotch match. I sucked soooooo bad, but had a friggin BLAST! Hell, I won a case of Shiner with my massive amount of suckage!

Glad I got to participate in aiding with raising $$ for such a great cause! Hope we get to save NETT!!!!!!!!