• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

“Real” Howa?

Leveraction35

Private
Minuteman
Jan 18, 2022
Pennsylvania
Is this a true howa? This seems like a damn good deal

If you search the UPC in Google, 682146882926, it comes up a lot of places, so the product seems legit.

It is also interesting as I thought Howa discontinued the 223 in the short action in favor of the mini.

-Stan

It's 40 dollars more at Bud's with same UPC number . Looks legit .

Reactions: Leveraction35
You may be right. The description is confusing because it says non-threaded and the photo is also not threaded. I will give Howa a call today to confirm UPC

Why do you prefer the regular over the mini?

If you search the UPC in Google, 682146882926, it comes up a lot of places, so the product seems legit.

It is also interesting as I thought Howa discontinued the 223 in the short action in favor of the mini.

-Stan
Probably new old stock

Or rifles made for other markets imported here by someone other than Howa USA

You may be right. The description is confusing because it says non-threaded and the photo is also not threaded. I will give Howa a call today to confirm UPC

Why do you prefer the regular over the mini?

I have two minis already and finding mags and bottom metals ain't cool. There's a few out there but not as good or reliable as your typical AI hardware.

I have an oregunsmithing bottom metal in one and works decent in one of my minis but doesn't feed rounds in the other.

Same with the MDT bottom metal and mag, it'll work good in one but not the other.

The factory bottom plastic and plastic mag work good but I just don't like it.

Reactions: 308pirate
Great info there, I did not realize the regular 1500 had a floor plate versus that piece of shit detachable on the mini! Thank you for pointing that out. I am new to howa rifles and was always attracted to their reputation. Now I need to decide whether to get this rifle or the ol’ reliable Ruger American Predator for my next Predator rifle “build” … I use the term lightly because I’ll just swap stocks and triggers

The description isn’t always right with Battlehawk armory that’s why they say to make sure the upc match’s. I’ve ordered from them before and always got the gun that I’ve wanted after typing in the upc

The description isn’t always right with Battlehawk armory that’s why they say to make sure the upc match’s. I’ve ordered from them before and always got the gun that I’ve wanted after typing in the upc
Definitely going to do that today. I’ve had great experiences with Blackhawk as well.

Definitely going to do that today. I’ve had great experiences with Blackhawk as well.
Yeah me too.. you could also get the upc from buds and go to gun.deals.com and type it in other venders might have it cheaper. But that’s still cheap regardless

You didn't happen to ask them about the twist rate did you?
Directly from Howa in Japan when I inquired some years back:

Hello, ****-san.

Thank you for your interests in our products.

Regarding the twist rates of our .223, they vary depending on their production time as follows:

upto July 2013 - 1/12
from Aug. 2013 to Apr. 2018 - 1/9
since May 2018 (serial # of around 509000 or greater) - 1/8

We hope above information will work for you.

Best Regards,

Kaz Maeda
Howa Machinery Ltd.

Reactions: FireFoot