• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

.063 gas port on a 10" 300BK FN contract overrun barrel.

bfoosh006

Sergeant
Minuteman
  • Jun 13, 2007
    PNW
    I got one... The original $165 price was to good to pass up.

FYI...the Gas Port is .063 PLGS ( and a very snug fit , as per my pin gauges )

It came packaged in the FN bag with their cage code.

I am concerned the gas port is to small.

Anyone care to weigh in / comment on the gas port size ?......... What size "should" it be to reliably run supers and subs , unsuppressed.

Also... the PA description says ....
    "The barrel is designed to be extremely durable and reliable with a high-strength cold hammer forged stainless steel construction and a black manganese phosphate finish. This barrel is chambered in .300 Blackout with a 1:8 twist rate and 5/8x24 threaded barrel for optimal performance and functionality. It boasts a chrome lined chamber and bore to extend the barrel’s service life and ensure reliable chambering and extraction"

CHF Stainless Steel barrel with a manganese phosphate finish and a chrome lined chamber and bore ?
    Is all that a common thing ? CL on a SS bore ?

https://www.primaryarms.com/fn-america-contract-overrun-cold-hammer-forged-300-blk-barrel-10in
    The description says this repeatedly on the linked page from above.

Barrel Coating Manganese Phosphate

Barrel Contour Medium

Barrel Length 10

Barrel Lining Chrome

Barrel Material Stainless Steel

Brand FN America

Based off their own past pistol description I doubt it it stainless.

A chrome lined stainless barrel does sound a bit fishy.
    If it were mine I'd assemble it and slowly drill the port till it functioned as desired.

If you expand the product description on the left it just says steel, hopefully an accident on the right side info Vs intentional deception.

If it has a mag phosphate (parkerized) finish, it’s not stainless.