• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sniper’s Hide Cup 09 Shooters Bash

Re: 09 Shooters Bash

Hi everyone, this is Lisa Sisk.

I just want to say that this was a wonderful week, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I don't care at all about the caliber of the guns, but I care immensely about the caliber of the people, and this crowd was top-notch. Thanks to all, most especially Lisa, Jacob and Frankie (and Lindy, who brought me into this very strange but very interesting world. ;-) ). I wouldn't miss one of these comps for the anything!

My prayers are with everyone, but expecially those who go into harms way.

Love,
Lisa

I think the quote was pretty close to "I'm gonna kill some mofo's with this on my next deployment" You're right, instant classic!

I almost didn't make the match due to unforeseen circumstances that took place that kept me from making the trainup, and the fact that I hadn't shot a round or done any dry firing to speak of since the Cup.

I sure am glad I decided to shoot the match. It was another outstanding contest. There were a lot of new guys to RO this year and it was good to meet so many new people. Chris and Nick are a couple of great guys and we're fortunate to have men like them on the tippy top of the spear taking it to the dirtbags around the world for what we hold near and dear. It was very cool to see Chris's mom at the match and for her to get a small feeling for the appreciation we all feel for our servicemen and women. The families left at home are totally stressed out the whole time their kids are deployed overseas, I can only imagine how I'd feel if one of mine were deployed. Pete and Patrick are two super guys and a hell of an asset to their departments, both leo, and fire.

As always, I'd like to thank both Lisa's for their hard work behind the scenes. Like jacob said, if it weren't for his Lisa nothing would run at RO. It's a good thing he recognizes that cause Lisa's kicking ass with the P90X program and I don't think Jacob could hang with her if she got mad at him.

My buddy John Lemm drove 1600 miles just to help RO the match, good to see you again sir.

Lindy's like Yoda, nothing rattles him and he's got an answer for everything, you may not like the answer, but you'll get one.

Wynn, and Miles just run their asses off during the whole match doing what needs to be done. You guys rock.!

Like my dad says, Frank's just like a pet Coon, all over everything and he doesn't miss anything. Keep up the good work Frankie.

I don't think I missed anybody...oh yeah, that Jacob guy, he pretty cool too. Relax man, you know I love you like a brother. Thanks for busting your hump to keep all of us humming along oblivious to the stress that it takes to pull something like this off with so many people around who's skills you know nothing about.

This may have been the best prize table I've ever seen at a comp, it was just unreal. A huge thank you to all the sponsors who donated prizes to the comp. Even if you didn't shoot the match it would be nice to drop them a line expressing your appreciation for their donations, it may be you who wins something they donate at the next match you do make it to.

KD does not tell all but he was having his melon rung on the tower. He was next to a shooter with a 300 winmag and a Badger FTE brake. After the shooter was done and it was KD's turn to make ready he was heard saying " wait while I put my left eye back in its socket".
crazy.gif
Also he was getting some GREAT wind calls and corrections. When I talked to him afterward he said he was not sure what langauge they were using when he was given corrections.
confused.gif

KD it was good seeing you again. Hope you enjoy the lower.

Lisa S, thanks for you hard work in the scorings. Like it was said before, some of us did not pay you enough for our scores.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

In my official "Thank you" post I will do a better job of describing the table... needless to say, these companies stepped up. </div></div>

yeah I guess I jumped the gun on that

Great match! Thank you, Jacob, Frank, Lisa, Lindy, Lisa, John, Miles, and Winn for all your hard work and dedication to providing a safe, fun, and challenging match. The course of fire was excellent with plenty of opportunities to realize things I need to work on. I am looking forward to getting down there again real soon. The professionalism of the staff and competitors is only equaled by their ability to have a good time. I really enjoyed visiting with all the shooters and staff. The match was just what I needed for a mental health weekend to get focused again.

The prize table and the generosity of the sponsors were incredible. The tables were literally piled high with some of the best gear available for shooters. I won an Iron Ridge stripped lower (damn know I have to figure out a way to build a .308 gas gun), a certificate from Hooper Ordnance to thread a barrel for a suppressor (to include a custom thread protector) looks like my PSS work gun may have an opportunity to wear a can now. I also picked up a bolt knob from AZ Precision Gunsmith and am looking forward to getting that installed as well. One of the coolest gun gadgets I have seen in a long time also ended up going to the house and that is a C.A.T. M4 AR cleaning tool. I had not seen these before and if I hadn’t won one I would certainly be buying one. I tried it out on my filthy M4 once I got home and it makes short work of getting the carbon out of the bolt carrier and off the tail of the bolt as well as the firing pin. SWFA’s generosity will probably cause them to work overtime as I know that I am certainly looking to get me one of the 3x9 FFP Super Snipers. I really appreciate all that the sponsors do to make this already great shooting event that much more exciting with incredible prizes.

Thanks again and the willingness and generosity of all the sponsors has certainly reaffirmed why these are the companies I choose to do business with.

Take care and I look forward to the next time.

Man was this a great match! I would like to thank Jacob, Frank, Lisa, Lisa, Lindy and all of the other RO staff for all that you do. A huge thanks to all the sponsors, the prize table was unreal.

Congrats to Terry, Tim and yes you too Pete.
cry.gif
Good shootin Brother I couldnt be prouder.

TBurkes, Thanks for the kind words you truly are one of the good guys. K Drake it was great meeting you and I look forward to hanging out at future matches (this guy is a real hoot).

I would like to send a special <span style="font-weight: bold">THANK YOU </span> to Stan (The Man) Owens. You made it happen for me and Pete. Thanks Brother! To the Corpus crew Chance, Bill,Roy and Pete C. good shooting guys.

Top secret bro, ya gotta go to find out!! lol

Just kidding when I get caught up I'll try and put it together and PM you

We don't have a course of fire, all we did was wing it all weekend, ask anyone who heard Jacob and I talking, an hour before we had no clue what we were gonna shoot.

I still don't know what we did.

Mediocre musicians must play from sheet music.

Masters can improvise.

I suspect, from the comments that I heard, that few of the shooters who were there thought that the course of fire was not sufficiently challenging.
laugh.gif

Jacob came up with the courses and then told Lowlight what to do, as usual.

you would have been up all night in your Keebler Tree Bakery for that one

Man...I had a great time this past weekend! Congrats to all of the shooters especially those who finished toward the top! It's always great being around other like minded people...Good Times. Jacob and Frank created some very challenging stages to say the least. I definitely know what I need to work on. all the volunteers/ Range Officers, Both Lisa's, & Cooks, did a great job putting this match together, keeping us safe, keeping us in line, and keeping our bellies full.

BTW: Way to represent Corpus shooters! (Stan, Patrick, Bill, Patrick, Roy, Lee, Pete C., Doc...and honorary Corpus shooter Pete G... don't be a stranger.

That's definitely cool brothers finishing 3rd & 4th!

Prize table...one word...AWESOME!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">C,

Did CKA ever figure out that wasn't your "hand" he was holding ? </div></div>

I was cold.

Should I tell your pole dancing story?

You only can tell the story if you have a picture of the after, which I'm not sending, but let me tell you, the shades of blue, yellow, purple, are a sight to behold... ouch.

I used my counter-sniper moves on you

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What, from the up-ended turtle position you were in at the time ? </div></div>

I Jedi mind-tricked you into running full speed into a pole that has been at RO since RO was built.

Just your shemag flapping in the air as you leprechaun sprinted head on into it and then went spinning like Dale Earnhart....

I least i never hit the ground, more than you can say, as you watch me leave you in the dust from the ground looking up... it was the laugher of everyone that distracted me, only to see you rolling around in the dirt.

Like I told everyone, guys like you can run in a straight line, its the turning you have trouble with, all that mass is tough to control off the straight away.

You're still hobbling around in pain and had to have Lisa make you an ice pack for your limp wrist! Whining about a popping noise in your ribs too! Ha Ha Ha Ha what-tha-frick-ever

Your bones are hollow like a bird, you petite little thing.

I'm sure Jacob is tired of pulling your wind up string so you can keep typing tonight. Go sit on the shelf with the rest of the Cabbage Patch Kids.

I had my share of the XX, shit I didn't crawl outa bed Sunday until nearly 11:00. By far, the aftermath was the funnest part of the weekend......Hangovers suck though.LOL I still owe someone for the nut slap!!!!FUKR.

I think my brother hit it on the head,I also had a good time and learned alot. Thank you Jacob and staff for all the hard work,Stan thank you for everything! Chance it was good to see you again friend its been to long. Im bad with names but it was nice to meet all the docs ,Terry ,K.Drake , CC boys and everyone else. Patrick it always means more when your around thanks.

Alright Pete, I'll get back on topic. I had a great time at the match. I use to dread the run and gun but am starting to get the hang of it. Since I learned how to use the TAB sling, positional shooting aint so bad either.

Thanks to the whole RO crew for a great time had by all!!!!!I for one can't wait to come back.......

Another great match. I started to list all the guys I enjoyed seeing and shooting with and I soon realized that it was ALL 57 of them. Thank you for the the laughs, the multiple and different wind calls, suggestions, questions and just the opportunity to compete with some excellent shooters.
Jacob, Lisa, Frank, Lindy & Lisa, John, Winn, Miles and Adam once again did a great job of running a CHALLENGING and SAFE match. And they did it with little to no down time. Great job.
Everyone at the match was amazed at the prize table. Thank you SnipersHide and to all the Sponsors.
Train hard and be safe....

3000+ miles of driving and I am glad to say:

This was an extremely well executed meet. The staff, RO's and my fellow shooters made this a golden time to remember.

Jacob, Lisa, Frank and all the staff at RO: KUDOS TO YOU!!! Being directed by you, counseled by you and laughing with you will be a lasting memory. A memory to be refreshed soon I hope.

Thank you to my fellow shooters; your friendship and spirit made the event.

Finally thanks to the wonderful people that helped sponsor this event. Many of the names were already familiar, some were new to me. I know that without them, the event would lose the luster it has. I am looking forward to thanking them individually for their wonderful support of this meet.

Jacob...Lisa... You are the best

Thanks for letting me join you at your range.

Bruno

no doubt that the RO crew and everyone who worked the Bash worked their asses off. Kudos to you guys for that one, wish i could have made it out there. And thanks to all the sponsors that donated stuff to the prize table, without you guys supporting our sport it wouldnt be nearly as good as it is now. But lets get some pics of the match up.

Terry shoots a .260, but he could also shoot a Red Ryder BB gun and kick ass with that too.

It's not the tool, it's the driver. Look at Pete the 3rd place finisher who shot a borrowed .308 and 168 GMM ammo. He'd never even shot a bolt gun until the week before the match at the trainup. If he actually starts to practice for this discipline he's gonna be a machine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tburkes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Look at Pete the 3rd place finisher who shot a borrowed .308 and 168 GMM ammo. He'd never even shot a bolt gun until the week before the match at the trainup. If he actually starts to practice for this discipline he's gonna be a machine.</div></div>

Ouch!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tburkes</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Terry shoots a .260, but he could also shoot a Red Ryder BB gun and kick ass with that too. </div></div>
+1! There were several 260's and a 6.5 Creedmore (KJDrake) near the top. Patrick and his brother rockin the 308 was very impressive!

lol, what makes it worse was he was a super nice young man!!! And very humble to be as talented as he is!!!! I'm kinda hoping if he's a regular he doesn't practice too much!!!!

Jesus, man, dont say things like that. He'll see. He's friggin GQ enough....looks like he is posing for the Team WaffleIron calendar.

I love the picture of Morey with his wet spot.