• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

0moa base or a 20moa base

Brad28753

Private
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2011
Hello all, first time poster to a forum that I have gathered a lot of info from over the past few weeks.

I think I can answer my own question and say it's a personal preference, but figured I would ask anyway.

My current rig is a Savage 10FCP in .308, 24" heavy fluted barrel with 5r rifling, accutrigger,accustock. I don't have a base for it yet, but I do have a SS 16x42 and some SWFA low rings waiting to go on. This is going to just be a target rig, 500 yards max.

I built one like this a while ago, and sold it earlier this year, it had an EGW one piece 0moa and I missed the rifle, so I bought a different one, this one has the 5r rifling.

Max shooting is going to be 500 yds. Would I benifit from a 20moa base, or just go with a 0? I don't think my 16x42 SS would bottom out with a 20moa base for a 100 yd zero.

Re: 0moa base or a 20moa base

0 no need for 20 if your max is 500 and you know for sure that's as far out as your going to get with the rig.

Many here will say 20 anyhow and so would I usually.

Just be sure your never going past 500 and 0 is fine.

Re: 0moa base or a 20moa base

Thanks!

I figured most will say get a 20 and just be near the bottom of your adjustment for a 100yd zero cause you only dial up......which is kinda my thinking as well. Going to get an EGW hd base more than likely.

Hopefully this one will shoot as good as the last I built. Wish I would have never sold it although it had a cheap scope on it, a Millett TRS-1 and a choate tac stock.