• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes 1.18 or 1.5” spuhr for ATACR 7-35

Dthomas3523

Account no longer active
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 31, 2018
    South Texas
    Going to be using the calculator, but figured I’d ask.

What height spuhr are you running with your 7-35? Standard stock, no flat top style chassis.

Thanks!

I run a 1.5” on a flat top AX so if it won’t be on a flat top platform, you can definitely go with a lower mount.

On a standard stock and base set up the 1.18" should be fine with a 34mm tubed 56mm objective scope with caps.

Not an exact set up but a 30mm 1.18" height mount with a 50mm scope on my Vudoo which has a Kukri contour which is close to a med palma. Just to give an idea as the height to center of tube will be the same.
    mcvyIlm.jpg

Here is a Razor II on a Surgeon action with 1.26" height rings and a Med Palma contour but this works with my M24/40 contour as well and that is why I have them that height instead of the lower 1" I usually use. The Surgeon's integrated rail sits lower than a standard bolt on rail.
    eb7ABZ4.jpg

Hi, just wondering what worked in this instance ? I’ve got a NF 7-35x and I want to put it on an in-bound Defiance action with an MTU profile barrel and wondered what height Spuhr I will neeed ?

A 4006 will work on an AI chassis without a full front rail. The 4001 on a standard exposed action/ barrel platform and the 4002 for a flat top rail I.e. AR- AI AXMC. 34mm tube and 56mm objective for the example. I just a shit ton of research trying to figure out what to use on my set up (AX chassis with no front rail) so the Spuhr numbers are still burned into my brain...at least for the next 15 minutes then I’ll forget again

A 4006 will work on an AI chassis without a full front rail. The 4001 on a standard exposed action/ barrel platform and the 4002 for a flat top rail I.e. AR- AI AXMC. 34mm tube and 56mm objective for the example. I just a shit ton of research trying to figure out what to use on my set up (AX chassis with no front rail) so the Spuhr numbers are still burned into my brain...at least for the next 15 minutes then I’ll forget again

Not to high jack this but related question, assuming a 30moa scope mount rail on the axmc, is 20 additional moa in the Spuhr too much for the 7-35?

TangoSierra916 it depends on which base model Spuhr you get. The 4606 will work but it’ll be a little too close. The 4602 would be right in the wheelhouse

Reactions: TangoSierra916
    Hey all!
    What Sphur mount would you run for the ATAC 7-35 on a AXSA 6.5.CM or AR10. I currently use the SP-4002, but cant get enough elevation to hit 1760 yards. Suggestions?

Hey all!
    What Sphur mount would you run for the ATAC 7-35 on a AXSA 6.5.CM or AR10. I currently use the SP-4002, but cant get enough elevation to hit 1760 yards. Suggestions?

I used a Spuhr SP-4302 (3 mil/10.3 MOA) on my AXMC, which has a 30 MOA top rail. There is still enough adjustment left where I could have run the 6 mil/20.6 MOA version. Assuming that your AXSA has the standard 20 MOA top rail, I'd at least run the 6 mil/20.6 MOA Spuhr, and might consider the 9 mil/30 MOA mount.

For the AR10, I'd jump straight to the 13 mil/44.4 MOA version.

EDIT: Just realized that I responded to a post from February :cautious: