• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1/8 A-Co 24th MAU patch

Ravenworks

Zebco Pro Staffer
Minuteman
  • Feb 8, 2019
    Somewhere
    I was going through old stuff of mine and my brothers.
    I came across a patch from the Beirut Bombing.
    I only have one, so the first person that wants it that was from 1/8 A-Co 24th MAU and was there is welcome to it.
    PM me
    20190422_193656.jpg

Hi,

Well I hope I am not reading into this correctly....

You are going through some of your brothers stuff...
    He was there during the bombing and it was a few days before you knew if he was alive or dead...

Holy shit man...you cannot leave us in the dark like that...especially not my CDO.
    Did he survive the bombing or was KIA?

Sincerely,
    Theis

Pretty bad I fucked my own thread up.
    I was going through some of my stuff.
    My brother was with the 24th MAU and was NOT KIA.
    But
    He should have been,he got really fucked up over the whole thing for a long time drinking.
    He finally told me one night 25 years later while we were at 8th&I for a reunion, that he should have been killed,as he swapped duty with his friend.
    I was on ship with the replacement MAU.
    1/8 had the patches made and he gave me two of them.
    So I figured I'd pass a piece of history out to someone that maybe didn't get one or lost theirs.

I was the NCO on duty for our squadron and got the call the night that this happened..........I say a prayer for my brothers, every year, Oct. 23..............

A guy I went to High School with, Terry Abbott, was killed in that attack.

I was going through old stuff of mine and my brothers.
    I came across a patch from the Beirut Bombing.
    I only have one, so the first person that wants it that was from 1/8 A-Co 24th MAU and was there is welcome to it.
    PM me
    View attachment 7065865

You or your brother didn't happen to know an Abrams (enlisted at the time) did you? He was my OIC (LDO Major at the time) when TDY to his unit in Rota, Spain, and I recall him being with 24th MAU during the bombing (enlisted at that time). Ironically, I was TDY from the 24th MEU, hence how it came up in conversation. Last I heard he retired (CWO-5) back to Tennessee (IIRC).

Yeah,lot of memories right there.
    My brother was there and I was fapped out to 3/8 on the boat going over.
    I didn't know if my brother was alive or dead for a few days.
    You were with 3/8 in Beirut after 1/8 got attacked and 2/8 did Grenada? I was a Sgt with 3/8 then. H&S Company.

I attended a lot of your brother's fellow Marines services at Camp Geiger before we left on our own float to there. We never let the family grieve in an empty chapel.

Still waiting on what unit he was with. Or did he vanish?

Hi,

Is taking his address down supposed to change anything, lol???

FWIW, he busy right now putting down that bucket if fried chicken and mashed potatoes.

Sincerely,
    Theis
    Ok to be honest, he PMd me a few days ago wanting the patch.
    I asked him what unit(s) he was with while over there and I heard nothing.
    Next thing I know I'm getting notifications about him replying to this thread.

On the bright side while searching I did find that-
    I have a second patch
    4,000 pieces of Hornady brass
    1,000 175GR SMK
    Two fifty caliber ammo cans full of stripper clips
    Moving is fun

Reactions: cornhusker86
    Holler at me if you need to find someone to sell those 175gr SMK’s to 😂