• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1-8 Brownells MPO

FYI, these will not be red dot, daylight bright. Pretty much only Fiber Optic illumination is Red Dot Bright and you can't do fiber optics with a floating dot.
Here’s a screenshot contradicting your claim.
I know the reticle is labeled as etched on brownells website so it must be some sort of hybrid or my screenshot is inaccurate.

Either way I hope you’re wrong ;)

Attachments

• 62FBB8BF-FB25-443D-8FAF-231FF023ADDA.png
    62FBB8BF-FB25-443D-8FAF-231FF023ADDA.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 201
Eotech Vudu 1-6 is quasi daylight bright. Awesome reticle as well for shooting on 1x.

That's why real LPVO start with the Gen 3 Razor IMO.

OG Shortdot 1.1-4
USO 1-8 was cutting edge at time, even if it was a boat anchor.
Gen 2 Razor (even though its SFP, Yuck)
Gen 3 Razor
NX8 (Shitty reticle)
ATACR8
MK8 1.1-8
S*B 1-8 CC

Its really simple..

Daylight Bright so it can be used as a red dot on 1x.
A good ranging reticle for holders at 3-X power
FFP so my reticle is true where ever it is. In combat FOV is really important and you are not going to be at max power unless you need PID or are shooting at small shit or shooting really far.
Durable
Good Glass
Turrets can be capped, with a good ranging reticle you are not going to need more than 10 mils anyway.

Make a daylight bright, FFP LPVO with good glass and a good reticle.

Come out with an optic with those features around 1-1.2k and you will not be able to make them fast enough. Trijicon has swung and missed about 6 times now, maybe the next one will be a hit.
This is exactly what Primary Arms PL-x ACSS Griffin did...

Here’s a screenshot contradicting your claim.
I know the reticle is labeled as etched on brownells website so it must be some sort of hybrid or my screenshot is inaccurate.

Either way I hope you’re wrong ;)
That's an early prototype of their EURO model with Fiber Optic illumination. The US version uses LED illumination and while it's as bright as you'd typically expect, it's not as laser bright as Fiber Optics.

Reactions: erwos
I have one of the EURO models here with the fiber dot illumination and it is pretty bright.
John III
Is there any word on whether these are still going to be released? Because a 1-8x with FO and a decent reticle is what I'd be interested in.

I am not sure if they are going to release this model in the USA, probably don't want to compete with the US version for sales.

I can tell you the FOV at 1X is pretty good, no curvature of field to speak of.
John III

Received mine today, super clear but eyebox is tight in my opinion. I like the reticle (simple) and turrets are great (good clicks and easy to read). Dot is not aimpoint bright but I think that is to be expected in this price range. I will be interested to hear from @koshkin as I have limited LPVO's to compare. It does appear to be slightly more than a true 1x on the bottom end. Not super noticeable, but my XTR 1-4 is about as true 1x as I have seen.

Did I say it's super clear? 8x is beautiful. Seems very durable (should be for the weight).

Received mine today, super clear but eyebox is tight in my opinion. I like the reticle (simple) and turrets are great (good clicks and easy to read). Dot is not aimpoint bright but I think that is to be expected in this price range. I will be interested to hear from @koshkin as I have limited LPVO's to compare. It does appear to be slightly more than a true 1x on the bottom end. Not super noticeable, but my XTR 1-4 is about as true 1x as I have seen.

Did I say it's super clear? 8x is beautiful. Seems very durable (should be for the weight).

Have you tried messing with the eyepiece to get it to be true 1x?

ILya

@koshkin It seemed out of focus at the "neutral" focus point so I had to adjust it rather aggressively to get everything in focus. I haven't had to do this on any other optic I've owned as I have pretty good sight but I could be doing something wrong here too. I'll play around with it a little more this evening

@koshkin It seemed out of focus at the "neutral" focus point so I had to adjust it rather aggressively to get everything in focus. I haven't had to do this on any other optic I've owned as I have pretty good sight but I could be doing something wrong here too. I'll play around with it a little more this evening

I just received mine, so I spend a couple of minutes on the eyepiece. I can get it nicely set-up so that everything is sharp and 1x really is 1x.
Fine tuning of the eyepiece is best done in the evening when your eye pupil has dilated a little, so I will do that tonight.
Optically, it looks quite nice and the N-OMR treatment of the reticle definitely makes it hard to miss.
The dot illumination is fairly bright, but it is not nuclear bright. Clearly visible in mid-day sun, but not like fiber illuminated reticles out there. However, the etched reticle makes it very quick to acquire it seems.
We'll see how it does as I spend more time with it.

ILya

I'll take a look at mine again this evening. Any tips / tricks on focusing the eyepiece? It seems I miss out on some edge clarity if I adjust too far. Thanks @koshkin

So the eyebox is tight but once I swapped out buttstocks, the issue was really mitigated. Looking forward to an in depth review on this one but so far I really like it. I'm no snob though.

I'll take a look at mine again this evening. Any tips / tricks on focusing the eyepiece? It seems I miss out on some edge clarity if I adjust too far. Thanks @koshkin
There is a sticky on eyepiece adjustment, start there. I've also noticed LVPO's look much better when mounted on a rifle and zero'd. If the turrets get too far off you'll get a crosseyed effect that doesn't feel natural. LVPO's really like to live in the optical center.

Reactions: rlsmith1
I'm the worst at taking pics through a scope so I will leave that to the professionals

As for durability @YetterIsBetter, more material (weight) does generally mean more durability to me. Construction design and materials make a difference but at the $800 price point, there will be compromises. If they can use standard designs and materials to increase durability at the cost of weight, I'm fine with that for the price (still within a couple ounces of the original Razor)

Reactions: YetterIsBetter
Any updates on this scope? I was hoping for a better reticle but am curious how this has worked for those who own one.

I owned one for 24hrs. A red dot ended up on that rifle.

Illum is not up to snuff. The p4xi’s illum puts it to shame while the g2rzr easily sits above the P4xi.

8x eyebox is not great. And there’s a lot of “scope shadow” in your 1x FOV.

I will say I love the fine floating dot. The reticle was Good for non-illum 1x shooting. And the thing is one of the best looking 1- lpvo’s I’ve ever seen. Which is a plus but it’s a category that has no dog in my decision making fight.

I did find scope shadow at 1x to be real, but compared to pics I have seen through the NX8 it seems about the same. I'm keeping it because it is clear all the way to 8x and I can deal with the eyebox there. Reticle is great and useable in my opinion.

I've been waiting for Koshkin's review too so I can understand what I'm giving up compared to other LPVO's at twice the price.