• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing 1,800 pound Hog shot in Missouri

Jrb572

Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 7, 2008
    Missouri
    I got this email from a friend. It was supposedly Over 1,800 lb. wild boar shot and killed in Potosi , Missouri near the county airport, Hwy 8 east and near the community of Mineral Point. Anybody from Potosi here about or see this thin? It doesn't appear to be here by the looks of the truck. But figure I'd see if anyone else had seen this.

7d144a5c.jpg

b2333edb.jpg

44b24a00.jpg

Re: 1,800 pound Hog Mo

Kind of what I figured. It just doesn't look right. But you know how it goes supposedly my friends friend knows where it happened. Figured it was fake. But damn if it's real that's huge.

This pic is an internet whore. I think this hog has been shot in every state In the union accept for Alaska.

i have never seen a hog over 300 lbs with nice tusks that is always a photoshop giveaway to me.

Judging by the truck and ethnicity of the guides, I'd say this was taken somewhere in Eastern Europe. Photoshop? Probably, but I've heard of a number of people going on guided safari-esque hog hunts in Poland.

Remember Hogzilla? Remember how big he was from eating corn and whatever other vegetation he could? Well imagine if he at all Polish sausages... he'd be sumbitchinhuge.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StealthMode223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This pic is an internet whore. I think this hog has been shot in every state In the union accept for Alaska. </div></div>

Bullshit, I took those pics!!
    laugh.gif

major hack job...I am a full time Taxidermist and also outfitt and hunt hogs in Texas, Lots of hogs, killed and mounted. There are basically two types of hogs in the US, feral hogs and russian types.

the feral hog is nothing more than a domestic hog turned wild and they can get huge. they will have that look like a farm hog, big dinner plate size ears, short fat face, ass end same size as the front shoulders, cork screw tail, and can easily weight over a thousand pounds.

Russian types have been cross breed with the above over many years, but still have many of thier origional features.
    Like, long slender face, short ears, straight tail, ass end is smaller than front shoulders (built more like a buffalo), and hardly ever get over 4-5 hundred pounds and usually smaller. a mean ass stud russian type is 240 pounds and hell on wheels.

the second photo is all russian type and no way that hog weighs what they are saying.

like others have said that hog has been killed everywhere and over and over...

HAHA looks like a fuckin wholly mammoth.... sorry, but I'm jumping onto the fake boat as we speak...

This is an actual hog taken in Turkey. They list the weight at 355 KG (782 pounds). The link will load the Nature Tours 4 page brochure showing this hog and other similar hogs.

http://naturetours.fr/pdf/plaquette-nature-tours-2010.pdf

"On more of 1 150 000 hectare, come to hunt wild boar in Turkey with Nature Tours. Wild boars are called "Domuz" in Turkey. Wild boar is our speciality, Nature Tours is the oldest hunting company in Turkey : established in 1985, it means experience and competence."

Re: 1,800 pound Hog shot in Missouri

I have property about thirty minutes south of Postosi and hunt hogs in both Reynolds and Iron County. Even local private hog hunts won't advertise a pig more than 250 lbs. And my experience with wild or feral pigs in MO is more like 90-150 lbs. In summation it's BS. It also seems odd that a company called "Nature Tours" would take you out to whack a pig instead of taking pics of it.

Having said that there is a private hunt club in MO with Russian Boars. But even they only advertise up to 650lbs.

If you sit back far enough behind the boar when the picture is taken you can make a 150lb pig look like a monster. You can tell in the pics that the guy is sitting back at least 5' behind the pig, maybe more.
    It is a nice boar, though not as big as they are saying.

These have been around for 10 years that I know of.
    They always seem to show up in an email with a story on how it was shot locally. (yep, seems that it happened in every state).
    Enhanced, to say the least.

Trick photography they are several feet back from the pig to make it appear larger. I ran into this same thread in another forum that had to be 100 pages and the photographers all said it was just trick photography. Probably a 400-500 pound pig though.

All those pics are out of focus except for the hog lol. Plus the guys hands aren't on the hog, like he was holding a deer and they put that thing over top of it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jrb572</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kind of what I figured. It just doesn't look right. But you know how it goes supposedly <span style="color: #FF0000">my friends friend</span> knows where it happened. Figured it was fake. But damn if it's real that's huge. </div></div>

You know how that goes. Any story that you have to say "a friend of a friend" .... it's no good!
    wink.gif

Ham, bacon and sausage all from one animal................right Lisa some magically delicious animal
    -homer-

This was killed in New Zeland if I remember. I have seen this for the last 5 to 6 years.

That damn thing is the size of a bradley. If those are in the woods im not sure i wanna be.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DirtyDave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you sit back far enough behind the boar when the picture is taken you can make a 150lb pig look like a monster. You can tell in the pics that the guy is sitting back at least 5' behind the pig, maybe more.
    It is a nice boar, though not as big as they are saying.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DrewF</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Trick photography they are several feet back from the pig to make it appear larger. I ran into this same thread in another forum that had to be 100 pages and the photographers all said it was just trick photography. Probably a 400-500 pound pig though.</div></div>

It's called "Forced Perspective", if you look closely the hog is on top of a small mound in every picture, SEVERAL feet behind the hog and at a downhill angle are the hunter and guides. This gives the illusion that the hog has easily tripled in size.

It's the same with all of the 10 foot rattlesnakes floating around the internet. The world record Western Diamondback isn't even 7 feet in length. A little research can easily debunk alot of this B.S.

Chupa

The second and third photos are taken using "Forced Perspective" as the nice chap above me mentioned.

The first photo is a merge of two separate pictures, one of the hog and the other of the hunter.

As I graphic designer myself I must say that this photo was put together rather poorly~ Definitely done by an amature~

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StealthMode223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This pic is an internet whore. I think this hog has been shot in every state In the union accept for Alaska. </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style="text-decoration: underline"><span style="font-weight: bold">WRONG</span></span></span>

lol I have seen pictures of this same hog killed on the glacier on Mt. McKinley.

All kidding aside it looks all of proportion and fake as hell.

They all look fake because they are. This is the original pic.
    djbigpig.jpg

I think the "shooter" is Hawkeye Pierce! (Alan Alda) the guy from M*A*S*H. What do you guys think?

Freaking funny! Wow this hog thing is getting crazy!!! The lack of knowledge about hogs is just plain humerous.

OK I live in Missouri, about 50 miles from Potosi, MO and I hunt that area... there is NO NATURE TOURS in that area with that logo on a truck also that truck is not a US truck...
    So this is FAKE... taken someplace in EASTERN EUROPE I would say... and seriously these things are big to hunt just outside of the Chernobyl Area in the Ukraine... I seen the wolves and bears up there first hand...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dougie308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have property about thirty minutes south of Postosi and hunt hogs in both Reynolds and Iron County. Even local private hog hunts won't advertise a pig more than 250 lbs. And my experience with wild or feral pigs in MO is more like 90-150 lbs. In summation it's BS. It also seems odd that a company called "Nature Tours" would take you out to whack a pig instead of taking pics of it.

Having said that there is a private hunt club in MO with Russian Boars. But even they only advertise up to 650lbs. </div></div>

I got invited to a private hunting club (High Adventure) in Missouri to get a pig in June. I'll seek out the ellusive 1 Ton boar and hope the 458 Socom will bring it down. Pics to follow....
    grin.gif