• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s 1-in-10 people live next to a pedophile

DP425

I’d rather be sleeping
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2009
MI
That's right... amazing isn't it?

Well, I'm glad it's not me- I live next to two incredibly gorgeous 13 yr olds...

Re: 1-in-10 people live next to a pedophile

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DP425</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I live next to two incredibly gorgeous 13 yr olds...</div></div>

Really...? So you don't live next to a pedophile, but you didn't say anything about being one...Nasty Nate, the LEO from Michigan. The irony here, is beautiful. :p

Absolutely. It's illegal to kill oneself, so it must be illegal to molest oneself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BALLISTIC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DP425</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I live next to two incredibly gorgeous 13 yr olds...</div></div>

Really...? So you don't live next to a pedophile, but you didn't say anything about being one...Nasty Nate, the LEO from Michigan. The irony here, is beautiful. :p</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BALLISTIC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Absolutely. It's illegal to kill oneself, so it must be illegal to molest oneself.</div></div>

You're "that guy" in the audience @ the comedy club, aren't you?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BALLISTIC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Absolutely. It's illegal to kill oneself, so it must be illegal to molest oneself. </div></div>

It's illegal to TRY to kill oneself. I've never seen a corpse in handcuffs.

So if you know more than 10 people, and you or none of them live next to a pedophile,.......then.....

...you know.
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BALLISTIC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DP425</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I live next to two incredibly gorgeous 13 yr olds...</div></div>

Really...? So you don't live next to a pedophile, but you didn't say anything about being one...Nasty Nate, the LEO from Michigan. The irony here, is beautiful. :p </div></div>

Not LEO- Worked in and around the field before... just an old college student trying to adapt now. Going back to school is just not fun... despite my first post here...

LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Johnny Sasaki</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So if you know more than 10 people, and you or none of them live next to a pedophile,.......then....</div></div> maybe they mean pedophile's whether convicted or not even on LE radars.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DP425</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's right... amazing isn't it?

Well, I'm glad it's not me- I live next to two incredibly gorgeous 13 yr olds... </div></div>

Now that was a funny joke.
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BALLISTIC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DP425</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I live next to two incredibly gorgeous 13 yr olds...</div></div>

Really...? So you don't live next to a pedophile, but you didn't say anything about being one...Nasty Nate, the LEO from Michigan. The irony here, is beautiful. :p</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BALLISTIC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Absolutely. It's illegal to kill oneself, so it must be illegal to molest oneself.</div></div>

You're "that guy" in the audience @ the comedy club, aren't you?
</div></div>

I don't go to comedy clubs; I see the humor in everyday life, so I don't need to pay someone to explain it to me. :p

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: halcyon575</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BALLISTIC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Absolutely. It's illegal to kill oneself, so it must be illegal to molest oneself. </div></div>

It's illegal to TRY to kill oneself. I've never seen a corpse in handcuffs.</div></div>

I disagree, if someone were to say, "I am going to kill myself." They would be apprehended, examined, and held against their will without ever 'trying'.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: halcyon575</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BALLISTIC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Absolutely. It's illegal to kill oneself, so it must be illegal to molest oneself. </div></div>

It's illegal to TRY to kill oneself. I've never seen a corpse in handcuffs. </div></div>

Incorrect... It is in fact illegal in many states to commit suicide so as to be able to prosecute anyone that aided someone in doing so. It also enables Life Insurance companies to not have to pay benefits as the death was the result of committing a crime.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Incorrect... It is in fact illegal in many states to commit suicide so as to be able to prosecute anyone that aided someone in doing so. It also enables Life Insurance companies to not have to pay benefits as the death was the result of committing a crime. </div></div>

Most life insurance policies have exclusions or exemptions for suicide that expire after the policy has been in force for a pre-determined period of time, anywhere from 2 to 10 years depending on the policy and state laws.

Insurance companies pay claims all the time where the loss is the result of a crime being committed, for example getting hit by a drunk driver, it's illegal to drink and drive but the drunk's insurance pays for the damage he causes.

I reviewed a case one time where a teenager shot from the window of a moving vehicle into the car next to him with a double barreled shotgun and killed the kid (read gang member) driving the other car. The insurance company for the parents of the shooter paid the injury claim to the dead kids parents because the death was partially the result of the use of the insured vehicle, and the shooter claimed it was an accident that he only meant to scare the other kid.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: halcyon575</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I've never seen a corpse in handcuffs. </div></div>

You're just not going to the right parties then
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Broker</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: halcyon575</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BALLISTIC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Absolutely. It's illegal to kill oneself, so it must be illegal to molest oneself. </div></div>

It's illegal to TRY to kill oneself. I've never seen a corpse in handcuffs. </div></div>

Incorrect... It is in fact illegal in many states to commit suicide so as to be able to prosecute anyone that aided someone in doing so. It also enables Life Insurance companies to not have to pay benefits as the death was the result of committing a crime. </div></div>

Not true. After the probationary period on the policy has elapsed suicide is covered under the policy. This is to prevent someone from purchasing a policy specifically with the intent of killing themselves and leaving the money to their family. A common misconception but total bullshit.

Say what you will about pedophiles, at least they slow down in school zones

those searches definitly open your eyes.. and those are only the folks who registered.. think about all the ones that didnt..

found some of the folks to be 20 yr olds messing with 16 17 yr olds.. must have pissed of the parents good enough to press charges..

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kingrabbit</div><div class="ubbcode-body">those searches definitly open your eyes.. and those are only the folks who registered.. think about all the ones that didnt..

found some of the folks to be 20 yr olds messing with 16 17 yr olds.. must have pissed of the parents good enough to press charges.. </div></div>

Fortunately such is legal here in MI (age of consent= 16 assuming no position of authority)- However, pissing in public can get you a CSC charge. So while eliminate one sort of "false" conduct charge, we introduce another. But the sites I've been to show the degree listing, which some quick searching can show to some degree the seriousness. Unfortunately, they do not distinguish between pissing in public and public exposure of genitalia.

I always recommend familywatchdog.com to my classes. Your local police jurisdiction should have its own site to track sex offenders, as well. On good sites you can subscribe (which I highly suggest) so that you'll receive updates if a predator moves into your area. You can define the distance and location for which you want to be alerted. Good ones are around your house, kids friends' houses, the bus stop, anywhere else they hang out.
When you go to those sites, you can tell a lot by the punishment that the offender received. If the guy was charged with indecent exposure and he did 10 hours of community service, he was probably taking a leak behind a bar one night and a police officer saw him. If his indecent exposure charge came with 2 years in prison and he's still on parole (or he's classified as a repeat offender/predator) then you know he was likely fapping off outside old ladys' windows or flashing his junk at passing school buses.
I understand what you're saying, that it's unfortunate the 'lesser criminals' (ie pissed off her daddy while having consensual sex) get lumped in with the sickos for the rest of their life. It's also unfortunate that most employers don't take the time to actually check the person's record before dismissing them for their past. I wonder how many great employees have lost the opportunity to work because they're on that registry.
Despite my line of work, I do appreciate the sarcastic "humor" in these situations. They tell me that's why I make a good teacher. But at the end of the day, keeping your family safe is the most important thing. Make sure your family, kids especially, realize when you're joking and what they should take seriously.