• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1 inch scope with MIL reticle

SanPatHogger

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 1, 2020
So I bought a car and now have to cut way back on my gun/fun money. I'm poor.
Wanted to put a scope on the 22 that would be similar to my Athlon for cheap practice.

So in my search for cheapness I am looking for a 1 inch scope with a mil reticle.
Does not need turrets. Mil dots would be ok.
This would be for shooting off the reticle within 200 yards.

Looking to spend as little as possible. Less than $100 would be the best. Any more and I would save up for another Athlon and rings.

Thanks guys.

If you can find a weaver tactical 3-10 that's your best bet. Fantastic little scopes with great glass. I just sold the last one I had to a buddy and miss it!

A used 1” Leupold mark AR tmr 3-9 can be found really really cheap and has mil/mil. I actually used one turkey hunting last season with a t1x.

Less than 100? Id go looking in the old used bin for something with a lifetime warranty in case it doesnt work out.

Reactions: deersniper
I have a Sightron SI 3-9 mil dot on a Wally world special Savage mk2-f that's just for plinking with the kids. It's actually a great little scope. I think I paid around $115 but that was SEVERAL years ago

Reactions: SDBguy95
Basically if I got the same scope as on my bolt gun and a set of rings I'd be around $300-$350.
The 22 already has a 3-9 Nikon duplex, with 1 inch rings. I just want a mil reticle.
I dont think I would use turrets, so caps are fine. Mil dots are ok, I like 1/2 mil better. A reticle with a tree would be optimal, but I dont see anything cheap with better than a 1/2 mil reticle.

I may end up with this. About as cheap as you can get without being made of a cardboard tube.

004EE198-9B20-4678-A504-F68FDFA4801D.png

The above suggestion is a good one, you can also look for the 5-15 elite tac model with AO. I've seen those sell for pretty cheap. I'd take the old Japanese Bushnell's over a cheap Athlon anyway.

View attachment 7663985
This is a good suggestion.

I have a BSA 4-16 Mildot that I got for free several years ago and put it on my CZ 455. After I figured out the magnification that the reticle is 1:1, it is fun to use out to about 225. It also focuses very close, 10 yards if I remember correctly. Dialing is a crapshoot as the knobs are not very accurate.

Athlon Talos BTR mildot either 3x12 or 4x16
BSA TMD also if you can find but really you just save and spent more.

Wanted to put a scope on the 22 that would be similar to my Athlon for cheap practice.

So in my search for cheapness I am looking for a 1 inch scope with a mil reticle.

Looking to spend as little as possible. Less than $100 would be the best. Any more and I would save up for another Athlon and rings.

Thanks guys.

My favorite 22 scope is the SWFA which retails for 300 but you could probably find one used for 200.

err shit not 1" though. That bushnell 10x40 would be my next choice I guess.

The resource limit was upped.
I got an ohhunt 4-16 FFP and a 20 MOA rail

I wonder if that is the same company that makes the Cabelas Covenant scopes. The 3-15 that I picked up for $160 and put it on my Bergara 22. It's not a top end scope but it works for my needs and the reticle works great.

Thanks guys.
Midway has vortex diamondback HP 4-16x42 for $199 about the best scope you can find in a 1inch tube it’s a BDC reticle, has XD glass 30 yard parallax. Worth a look