• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Photos 1 Mile Vanquish 260

RollingThunder51

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2009
U.S.A.
David,
Just thought you would appreciate a few pictures of your rifle at work. This was the first time that any of us (4 people ) ever shot to 1 mile and we were doing it with 260s. I will say that we made the mistake of seeing what we thought were hits ( splash ) to the sides which were actually hits behind the target at about 20-30yds. After we realized what we were seeing and we corrected I went 6 for 15 on a 18x30 inch target with flappers. The winds were crazy and I was dialed in 21moa left with some tail wind and 90moa up. The group measured 10x14inch and I had two hits on the flapper one at top and one at bottom. I will say that there could of been a few more that snuck in there after the flapper was open but its hard to say.

Thanks again for the nice shooter....

RM

Re: 1 Mile Vanquish 260

Those are the worst sunglasses ever!
wink.gif

Great shooting!

Yeah, nobody seems to care about the shooting with the face huh? Great shooting. I have played with my .260 at a mile before and was very suprised. What bullet are you shooting? I have only tried the 142 SMK and I was hitting a 12 inch gong every now and then. Kindof spray and pray accuracy but was getting hits none the less. I need one of those mask for my girlfriends sake because like unknown hinson says. I make faces when I make love. haha

Yea, well that is not me. RM was shooting 142 SMK pushed by virgin Remington brass OAL at 2.020, 2.82 depth, 43.5 grains H4350, primers were Federal 210M velocities/pressures at the higher end. That is the high end limit, chrono at 2,700. Folks, in that rig that is a load that takes careful review. At 44 grains you will see primer cratering. All loads at your own risk.

3 MOA off on elevation and 8 off to the right from the fully supported solution. First hit within 10 rounds. If they had realized the 3 moa early, they would have really nailed it. RM can really shoot....especially since he started at 1,000 yards not too long ago. Yep, whole rig still breaks down to 20".

Spotting was tough especially in the rocks. Next time we were talking about moving the target to the grassy area with hopes of seeing hits better.

Silentrunner- Wa State

Awesome shooting!
smile.gif

I cant wait till my 260 is done!
smile.gif

Thanks for the pics etc.