• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns 1 of 50 Nighthawk Customized Korth 6" .357, Only $6299!

Strykervet

ain'T goT no how whaTchamacalliT
Minuteman
  • Jun 5, 2011
    Pierce County, WA
    I got a numbered Johnny Rifle when they sold those for the ex but I think I'll have to pass on this one.

https://www.rainierarms.com/nightha...l&utm_campaign=Copy+of+New+Products+1-17-2020

Wow, $6299... I think I paid less than $299 for my 686+ 6" and it's been pretty impressive for over 20 years. Gotta say, not a fan of the rails on the sides of this one. Who needs rails on the side of a revolver? For carry, it'll snag on shit. For competition, what's the point of the rails, and wouldn't they snag on shit? Who wants rail covers on a revolver?

I guess at the price though it's just meant to be a safe queen. Because those rails pretty much destroy any practical application and they also take away a ton of real estate for engraving (and if you spent $6299 already, may as well send it off to the engravers). Wonder what the appreciation on this one will be.

I would like to handle one though to see how much of a difference it is to my 686. I bet the trigger and fit and finish is amazing. Always thought it'd be nice to have a Korth.

So, German, you getting one or you gonna have to go be poor somewhere else on this one too?

Not quite my thing either. Korth Ranger would be more like it - if I ever have some funds for a high end revolver.

... Gotta say, not a fan of the rails on the sides of this one. Who needs rails on the side of a revolver? ...
    Got it now:
    A covert short range sniper could install scope, light, laser, and rangefinder on it. Maybe even a bipod. And sling.

I've been jonesing for a Nighthawk Korth Skyhawk but for that money I can buy an STI Stacatto-P (I mean I did buy an STI) and a bunch of ammo! All that said I can only imagine that is a bulleye pistol of the highest magnitude and has no other use!

P.S. I do have a Nighthawk Custom 2011 and it is an amazing pistol but still...

Last edited:
    I’d like to shoot one just so i can say i did and know if it’s worth the extra cash over a smith. But seeing as how i am in no danger of plunking down that much cash on that gun, i will just have to live without not knowing.

That Korth Ranger is actually growing on me. But what HOLSTERS would work?

I've understood that 6-shot Korths work with S&W L-frame size speedloaders, so the cylinder is about that size.
    Holsters made for L-Frame, Ruger GP100, and such would fit the cylinder but those rails would surely get in the way, in many holster designs.

korth-ranger.jpg

edit:
    Clearly, "race holsters" that only grab the trigger guard would work. Most that I can find will fit K/L/N frame S&W, Rugers, etc.

Last edited: