• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses 1 or 2 day precision rifle. NE Texas. Private, you pick the date.

Garvey

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 1, 2010
Melissa, Texas
It is my land, my range, and my steel. The range has an elevated, covered shooting platform that will accommodate up to 4 shooters and me spotting. The classes are tailored to the needs of the customer. The range holds berms every 100 yards out to 800 yards, with 2 MOA and 1 MOA steel targets.

I can start at zero like you've never shot a rifle, or only focus on advanced wind reading and positional shooting. There are barricades, as well as a roof simulator.

This is geared for the beginner, the future competitor, or the new competitor wanting to improve and get faster. The difficulty level can be easy to very hard, depending on what the shooter wants to work on.

If the shooter is starting on his or her first day, I will cover everything on a dry erase board, prior to checking zero at 100 yards. Prone position, eye relief, scope mounting/ leveling/ zeroing, trigger control, Mil or MOA explanation, dialing and holding, wind reading, terrain features, ballistic calculators, internal and external ballistics, as well as answering any hand loading questions.

I am a full time Firefighter and do this as my second career. The classes are a value, but they are not "cheap". I've had 100% customer satisfaction, as well as several return customers.

Weekdays are $350, Saturday is $400. Discount for multiple days, and discounts for bringing a friend or family member.

I have a custom built 7mm-08, with hand loads, suppressor, and FFP Mil/Mil rifle scope available to rent for the day for $150.

I got into this via predator hunting in North Texas. I learned volumes from Snipers Hide, and burned lots of powder trying to figure things out. I've competed in multiple practical precision matches, that have taught me valuable skills that I've applied back into hunting.

www.precisionriflehunters.com
[email protected]

Last edited:
Reactions: DeftSystems
My two sons (18 and 20 yo) attended Jason's class last week. The instruction was outstanding, he is a knowledgeable, competent, patient teacher. Classroom is detailed without drifting into the boring and unnecessary. The range set-up is perfect. I retired from government service after 29 years and spent 25 years as a firearms instructor in pistol, carbine and shotgun. I've attended just about every shooting school in the US during my time. I've seen good, bad and mediocre instruction.

The class is a nice mix of competition takeaways and solid fundamentals.

Jason's instruction is geared to the individual and he has the personality to take the stress off and laugh occasionally, while keeping the learning objective firmly focused. His ego is checked at the gate. I'm waiting for a shoulder to heal up from surgery and I'll be attending next time.

Added a tank trap, a downed tree, and a few other obstacles to shoot from. I also have a stair step barricade, and a roof top adjacent to the 8' x 17' platform. I'll be continuing to add barricades.

I scheduled a private day of instruction with Jason last month to work on positional shooting. It exceeded my expectations. Jason has not only competed successfully in club and national level PRS-style matches, but he is also a serious hunter. He was able to use his experience in both disciplines to help me advance my skills. He not only knows his stuff, but is able to convey that knowledge to his students. Jason helped me fix some issues I was struggling with as far as my ballistic software, and had great advice on reading wind, rifles, optics and reloading as well. I left a more knowledgeable and confident shooter, and wouldn’t hesitate to recommend him to anyone seeking precision rifle instruction in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.

Chris

20180623_165502.jpg

Roof, plenty of shade trees, at the zero line. Not a bad place to spend the day, even in the North Texas heat.

edit as I’m retarded. Nothing to see here carry on.
In all fairness, 8:55 that close to the weekend is drinking time and it gets the best of us all at times.

I have taken Jason's class and it's worth every penny. It paid for itself in terms of time and ammo saved learning years worth of fundamentals and techniques in just a day. If you're wanting to stretch out past the 100 or 200 yard line, work on positional shooting, learn to read wind better, etc., stop thinking about it and shoot him a PM to get a day set up. It's a fun time on a really nice range with a very knowledgable teacher.

Reactions: Garvey
Still rolling strong. Weekday or Saturday, we can get our schedules aligned and make it happen. I've now had a couple hundred people, from 12 years old to 70 years old leave completely happy with the day they spent.

I've got every type of barricade one can come up with. Shots can be made from 0" off the ground all the way to 8' off the ground, and everything in between.

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
Garvey,

Shoot me a PM when you get a chance. I live in fairly close down in Rockwall and wouldn’t mind setting up a session with you.

Thanks,

Tim