• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1 Piece Lower for an AR

69icarus

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 26, 2010
Bismarck, ND
Does anyone know who manufactures 1 piece billet aluminum or titanium AR Lower receivers? I'm sure I could check around but I'm being lazy looking for the quick answer! thanks

Re: 1 Piece Lower for an AR

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stu6X47</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does anyone know who manufactures 1 piece billet aluminum or titanium AR Lower receivers? I'm sure I could check around but I'm being lazy looking for the quick answer! thanks </div></div>

What do you mean my "1 Piece?" Are you talking about a single-shot (BMG conversion-type lower) or a standard, mag-well, semi-auto receiver? Are you talking about complete lower including the grip, buttstock, etc.? If so...the answer is NOBODY makes a Billet Al or a Ti 1-pc lower that integrates the stock, grip, etc.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: OBXLongRange</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ferret </div></div>

Not exactly. The Ferret50 lowers are steel (not Billet or Ti) and they are single-shot "conversion lowers" for 50BMG conversion uppers, etc. The Ferret50 lowers accept standard AR pistol grips, but the stocks (which are FUGLY, but effective) are integral to the lower and come in both adjustable and non-adjustable options both with a fixed Pach. recoil pad.

The only "complete" semi-auto lowers I am familiar with are those previously offered by CavArms in their CAV-15 lineup of polymer lowers.

I can only imagine how much a TI receiver would cost, and being a low stress/pressure part would also have to wonder why? It's not like you would be able to save on thickness to a degree where you would have a dramatic weight savings benefit. If you did change the dimensions you would only run into fitting problems of the rest of the parts.

A stripped aluminum lower only weighs a shade under 9oz anyhow so if you're going for ultimate lightweight as a goal, save your ounces elsewhere in a more cost effective manner. That or go polymer.

More details on what you're trying to achieve would help.

Just the lower receiver minus all the stuff that come in the Lower parts kit.. My understanding was that most lowers are forged aluminum and I was looking to see if there was a manufacture that cnc'd the whole lower out of 1 piece. The TI was a shot in the dark as I've never heard of one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stu6X47</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just the lower receiver minus all the stuff that come in the Lower parts kit.. My understanding was that most lowers are forged aluminum and I was looking to see if there was a manufacture that cnc'd the whole lower out of 1 piece. The TI was a shot in the dark as I've never heard of one. </div></div>

That's not a "1 Piece Lower" but a "stipped AR-15 lower" that is "billet" instead of forged. There are NUMEROUS manufacturers of machined, billet aluminum lowers.

As Redmanss mentioned, SI Defense makes them.

Also, POF, Seekins Precision, Sun Devil, Mega Machine and many others also offer billet lowers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stu6X47</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just the lower receiver minus all the stuff that come in the Lower parts kit.. My understanding was that most lowers are forged aluminum and I was looking to see if there was a manufacture that cnc'd the whole lower out of 1 piece. The TI was a shot in the dark as I've never heard of one. </div></div>

That's not a "1 Piece Lower" but a "stipped AR-15 lower" that is "billet" instead of forged. There are NUMEROUS manufacturers of machined, billet aluminum lowers.

As Redmanss mentioned, SI Defense makes them.

Also, POF, Seekins Precision, Sun Devil, Mega Machine and many others also offer billet lowers.</div></div> I know many others make them, but I was just too lazy to list them all....
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Redmanss</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know many others make them, but I was just too lazy to list them all....
wink.gif
</div></div>

Its a slow day at the office, so I didn't mind putting some of my "boredom" to work for the greater good and the addt'l ones I listed were just the ones I could come up with off the top of my head!!
wink.gif
sleep.gif
wink.gif

There are literally DOZENS of billet lowers floating around...a basic Google search (or BARFCOM search) should yield plenty of results including but not limited to all the ones Redmanss and I came up with. Just be prepared to pay somewhat of a premium for billet versus forged lowers for obvious reasons incl. but not limited to the addt'l costs associated with machining billet aluminum versus basic forgings, etc., etc.

Keep in mind ... just because its machined from a single piece of billet does not make it stronger or better. Billet needs to be thicker to have the same strength as the forged does.

I think the reason why people like billet uppers and lowers is because you get a different look to the rifle not to mention you can have dual mag releases and slide releases built in.

There is a group buy on matched upper and lowers that are machined in the group buy section. get in while you can