• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

1 to 6 power scope for shooting practical rifle matches.

CBMAX1

Private
Minuteman
May 12, 2020
Illinois
Hello,

I realize this may have been discussed earlier, but I couldn't find anything recent.

I have been reading reviews on Youtube and can't seem to find a scope where the following specifications are generally agreed upon.

True 1X
Daylight bright reticle (red dot bright)
FFP
Under 21 oz.
Simple reticle. Thinking horse shoe with a dot and a few hold over hash marks.
Better than average glass.

Within reason, cost is not a factor.

Also, I am not really interested in 1-8 or 1 - 10 options. Matches at my club don't go past 200 yards.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I realize this may have been discussed earlier, but I couldn't find anything recent.

I have been reading reviews on Youtube and can't seem to find a scope where the following specifications are generally agreed upon.

True 1X
FFP
Under 21 oz.

Also, I am not really interested in 1-8 or 1 - 10 options. Matches at my club don't go past 200 yards.

Thanks in advance.

My favorite lpvo is the leupold mk6 1-6 with the cmr-w 7.62 reticle. Use that (or any 7.62 hold over ret if running heavier 5.56 bullets like the 77smk)

Reactions: simonp
vortex 1-6 razor hd2 is what i use, see lots of them at matches.

He wants a FFP but should consider the Razor 1-6 as FFP is largely irrlevant at short-medium distances and optics less than 10-12x.

The razor has the brightest (and best) dot IMO. I like the mark 6 just a tad better due to the
CMR-W 7.62 reticle. But the gen2 E HD is an awesome LPVO.

The PST II isn't bad either.

Although 1-4x, I really like my Steiner P4xi and it has a simple BDC reticle, and daylight bright dot. Not FFP though

Engaging a rock at 600 yards, illumination off
20230416_220322.jpg

Cell phone pic so a little blurry.

The "old" Meopta K dot or ZD, 1-4. (though I don't know it they'd fit your weight spec) You'd have to find a used one, but there's probably plenty out there as people went to higher power stuff. I bought a used K dot for $400 off BEnos some years back for a hunting AR. My cutting edge 2010 match rifle had one and I swapped it out for a ZD. Since I haven't shot a match since 2011 I should pull it off and put it on something I use more. I'd buy another of either if I ran across one.

If you want a truly nuclear bright dot with an FFP scope, that means diffractive illumination. Such a thing does not currently exist with 1-6x scopes. You can explore Vorex Razor Gen3 1-10x24, S&B Dual CC 1-8x24, March Shorty DFP 1-10x24 and Nighforce NX8 and ATACR 1-8x24. Those are your options if you insist on a trully bright dot in a FFP LPVO.

If you can live with SFP, you have Vortex Razor Gen2 1-6x24, Delta Stryker 1-6x24 and a couple of other options.
ILya

Ill throw in the Primary Arms PLX series. Once the diopter was adjusted 1x feels like 1x and the illumination is definitely bright.
Also the Steiner T6XI is nice

Reactions: JDB55
Hello,

True 1X
FFP
Under 21 oz.

Thanks in advance.

What I've learned is that if you really want a 1-6x then you should buy a 1-8x or even a 1-10x. That way the view at 6x will be better.
I like my Burris RT-6 for what it is, a 1-6x SFP scope. I have it on a rimfire now, and will use it for an Appleseed event next month.

But, I much prefer my Burris XTR II 1-8x with a FFP. It has everything you want, except it weighs 24 oz. And, the magical thing about it, is you don't actually have to rotate the magnification knob higher than 6x if you don't want to. It will work just fine at 6x.

I have a hard time using the top 1/4 of a scope's magnification range, so I tend to get one that has a bit more magnification than I need.

:)

He wants a FFP but should consider the Razor 1-6 as FFP is largely irrlevant at short-medium distances and optics less than 10-12x.
oops my bad. but yeah, with a low max magnification of only 6x, at any distance where you'd range or hold over, you're going to be at max mag so effectively it acts as a ffp and the reticle will be accurate.

i have the jm bdc reticle and it doesn't match up with my ammo trajectory. but it's zeroed at 200 with 69g and i know my holds from 0 out to 600yds with 55 and 69g.

I think the Swarovski Z6i, even a used one 2nd hand, is one of the best options.
Kahles pretty good too.

LD-I reticle or BRT-I. You do not need FFP, especially at those short distances.

Hello,

True 1X
FFP
Under 21 oz.

Thanks in advance.
SAI-6

i think this checks the boxes for you, but i don't have one and never tried one

It meets all his needs except "daylight bright", however, the reticle is set up in such a way that you don't need illumination at all. I don't even keep a battery in mine.

Thank you all for the input. Lots of great suggestions. Now I just need to decide what works best for me 😁!