• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

10/22 Backpacker Optic Suggestions?

UpSideDown

↑ → ↓
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 24, 2019
I have a 10/22 Backpacker that I'm trying to figure out an optic solution for. It's a simple gun I want to be able to walk with in a pack and take small game with, I don't expect long shots. The Backpacker variant is unique in that it's a Takedown gun; it can have a picatinny rail on the receiver, or you can add Magpul's pic rail option to the barrel section, similar to a night vision bridge. I'm leaning towards grabbing a cheap red dot and the bridge mount and mounting it to the barrel. I have doubts about mounting to the receiver since the barrel and receiver can have some play due to the takedown system.

Is mounting an optic to the receiver ok on these takedown versions? If so I could grab a cheap rimfire scope instead of a red dot and get some magnification.

Bridge for the reasons you mentioned.

IMG_1005.JPG

For the sole reason of wanting a scope over a red dot I've been hoping to receiver mount it. The bridge mount seems like the surer way, but if the receiver mount is accurate enough for a pack .22 I'd be happy.

What's accurate enough? 2MOA? 5MOA? I've heard nothing good about receiver mounting on the takedown models as already mentioned. You might try this with some sort of scout scope setup. Requires gunsmith to install however.

Reactions: UpSideDown